HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 3:19 PM

......any news of the YQR US flight? I'm very ready for some good news here....

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 7:04 PM

Seems like airlines are waiting for the MAX8 ban to be lifted before playing any new cards.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
......any news of the YQR US flight? I'm very ready for some good news here....
FWIW, YQR's Wikipedia page claims that United Express service to and from Chicago O'Hare begins May 29, 2020. However, there's no link, so who knows how accurate that is. It would be nice if it were true.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneTheMachine View Post
FWIW, YQR's Wikipedia page claims that United Express service to and from Chicago O'Hare begins May 29, 2020. However, there's no link, so who knows how accurate that is. It would be nice if it were true.
Unless there's an actual source for this, I think some avgeek might just be having a little fun playing with Wikipedia. Someone did something similar with YWG's page a while back.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneTheMachine View Post
Maybe its on their new CRJ-550 equipment which is actually a CRJ-705 Frame with only 50 seats for Pilot union reasons....

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Work has begun. Inside windows gone.
I've been through a couple times since this work started. The bulk of it is complete & the services that were previously outside Security are now behind Security (there's essentially nothing outside Security on the 2nd level, other than the existing washrooms, and the security queue).

I could never figure out why Tim Hortons was OK going from a near-monopoly behind security, to a tiny kiosk after the last reno... with their primary location being outside Security. They must have been aware of this reno & planned their YQR strategy based on it.

Having 2 Relay stores behind Security strikes me as odd... makes me wonder if the one next to the Maple Leaf Lounge will close to make way for a larger (staffed) MLL, like Skyxe has had since 2018. Seemed like a missed opportunity when the last renovation occurred to not expand the MLL - I assumed AC was considering closing smaller Lounges altogether, but then they opened the one in Skyxe... so, they're clearly open to expansion, and not adverse to smaller airports.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 2:59 AM

There are no UA flights to ORD from YQR, you can check the website and see the only options available are one stop or more

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
There are no UA flights to ORD from YQR, you can check the website and see the only options available are one stop or more
It's been over 5 years since that direct flight has been removed. I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
It's been over 5 years since that direct flight has been removed. I'm not sure what you're trying to say?
I think they were referencing the United Express Regina to Chicago mentioned on Wikipedia for May 2020, which has now been removed.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
I think they were referencing the United Express Regina to Chicago mentioned on Wikipedia for May 2020, which has now been removed.
Ahhh... I should read further back apparently.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 9:58 PM

Direct flights to Phoenix, Orlando returning to Regina airport in 2020

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/mobile/dir...2020-1.4701812

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Nov 25, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Direct flights to Phoenix, Orlando returning to Regina airport in 2020

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/mobile/dir...2020-1.4701812
I don't know why this is news. These flights have been showing on the Westjet web site for quite a long time. In fact the last time I looked, these flights show till April for both Orlando and Phoenix, not February.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I don't know why this is news. These flights have been showing on the Westjet web site for quite a long time. In fact the last time I looked, these flights show till April for both Orlando and Phoenix, not February.
These flights were suspended, but not because of lack of demand, but rather lack of aircraft due to the 737 MAX grounding. Once the aircraft return, these routes will be fully relaunched.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Of course it is news when you look at the dismal connections YQR currently offers.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Of course it is news when you look at the dismal connections YQR currently offers.
Why news now, when it's been scheduled on their website for a long time? Honestly, if anyone is looking for flights to those two destinations, they would have seen it if they were looking to fly on the days that those flights are offered. To me, it was not a 6 o'clock news story. A waste of time.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
These flights were suspended, but not because of lack of demand, but rather lack of aircraft due to the 737 MAX grounding. Once the aircraft return, these routes will be fully relaunched.
I do know that. I'm no expert, but I do happen to follow the airlines and flights a little closer than the average person. My point was the flights were showing up on their website well before this news "broke" the other day.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 2:49 PM

Quote:
I do know that. I'm no expert, but I do happen to follow the airlines and flights a little closer than the average person. My point was the flights were showing up on their website well before this news "broke" the other day.
Probably WestJet did a press release.

It might be that the flights were previously listed but not official yet. That's not uncommon with airlines. And now they are official.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 8:07 PM

I just noticed that AC has moved their YVR service back to Q400's for the Month of January it looks like. Not ideal.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
I just noticed that AC has moved their YVR service back to Q400's for the Month of January it looks like. Not ideal.
Probably just due to the 737 MAX grounding, if I had to guess. We'll get our capacity back once the need is higher than where the aircraft were moved.

That flight is less than two hours, so being on a Q400 is really not that terrible. It is not a bad aircraft at all.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Probably just due to the 737 MAX grounding, if I had to guess. We'll get our capacity back once the need is higher than where the aircraft were moved.

That flight is less than two hours, so being on a Q400 is really not that terrible. It is not a bad aircraft at all.
Air Canada has just increased the frequency from YQR to YVR from two to three flights per day.

From 620CKRM.com 'Busy year at YQR'

"Air Canada added a third daily flight to Vancouver. “We had two flights with Air Canada before and as of December 23rd, so just at the end of the year, they are now offering three flights a day"

So increased frequency but using smaller aircraft = similar daily capacity as before?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan