HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngregina View Post
So... brands lost.
-Bentley
-Roots
-The Gap
-Eddie Bauer
-Bench
-Volcolm
-Papyrus
-Lush

Brands Gained
-Urban Planet
-Ardene expanded
-Eclipse

Why does Cornwall have to be such shite? Ugh.
Bentley just shut down or was it closed in Cornwall for a while already? But yes, very much exodus, not much incoming. None of those three is going to draw traffic downtown.

Wow Mobile is closing a bunch of stores next month, but I haven't heard if Cornwall will be one.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 4:17 PM

^^ To the best of my knowledge there is no public list on the Wow Mobile closures. That said it is likely all locations will close though some will rebrand to either Rogers or Bell but only where Wow Mobile does not overlap with an existing location for those.

For perspective in Winnipeg one mall had about 5 different mobile retailers either owned wholely or partly by just Bell and it is not that large a mall.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngregina View Post
So... brands lost.
-Bentley
-Roots
-The Gap
-Eddie Bauer
-Payless
-Bench
-Volcolm
-Papyrus
-Lush

Brands Gained
-Urban Planet
-Ardene expanded
-Eclipse

Why does Cornwall have to be such shite? Ugh.
Sorry I have to just say our flagship mall is beyond pathetic.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 12:15 AM
BANNED

Yet we continue to issue building permits for CRUs on the outskirts of the city. Nothing is going to change anytime soon. I bet the upcoming municipal election will have an even lesser turnout than the last one.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 6:11 PM

Has Northgate Mall announced any renovations to their food court from 1970?

Thinking about being a property owner:

Southland Mall (Strathallen) renovated common area elements with new tile, pillar, lighting, food court furniture and bathroom reno’s.

Cornwall Centre (Cushman & Wakefield) renovated common area elements with new tile flooring and ceiling replacement with new lighting.

Golden Mile (Smart Centres) renovated their north RBC/Smitty’s interior section with new tile, BUT didn’t replace the tile on the south interior end of the property (Rainbow Cinemas/Broken Rack) which boggles my mind how they think anyone would want to locate their business to that mall concourse with the god awful mismatched tile job and yellow wall paint scheme.

Northgate Mall (Westdale Properties) has not put any interior renovation priority. Literally so embarrassing when you look at their food court. Literally a blast from the past and shows the lack of care of being current and modern.

I’m guessing Victoria Square Mall (Artis REIT) food court is in the same condition? I know they have the smallest food court space compared to all malls listed above.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jan 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Yet we continue to issue building permits for CRUs on the outskirts of the city. Nothing is going to change anytime soon. I bet the upcoming municipal election will have an even lesser turnout than the last one.
What we need for the upcoming municipal election is a decent challenger for the mayor's job. Voter turnout is usually higher when there is a competition for the top job.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
What we need for the upcoming municipal election is a decent challenger for the mayor's job. Voter turnout is usually higher when there is a competition for the top job.
Luckily we will have Andrew Stevens for that role

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
Lol?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Has Northgate Mall announced any renovations to their food court from 1970?

Thinking about being a property owner:

Southland Mall (Strathallen) renovated common area elements with new tile, pillar, lighting, food court furniture and bathroom reno’s.

Cornwall Centre (Cushman & Wakefield) renovated common area elements with new tile flooring and ceiling replacement with new lighting.

Golden Mile (Smart Centres) renovated their north RBC/Smitty’s interior section with new tile, BUT didn’t replace the tile on the south interior end of the property (Rainbow Cinemas/Broken Rack) which boggles my mind how they think anyone would want to locate their business to that mall concourse with the god awful mismatched tile job and yellow wall paint scheme.

Northgate Mall (Westdale Properties) has not put any interior renovation priority. Literally so embarrassing when you look at their food court. Literally a blast from the past and shows the lack of care of being current and modern.

I’m guessing Victoria Square Mall (Artis REIT) food court is in the same condition? I know they have the smallest food court space compared to all malls listed above.
Just to be clear, Cushman & Wakefield do not own the Cornwall, that would be KingSett Capital.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:23 AM

Quote:
There is no chance in hell Stevens would (or should) give up his tenured position to become mayor.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Just to be clear, Cushman & Wakefield do not own the Cornwall, that would be KingSett Capital.
Yes. I am aware. I mentioned the property management companies in my post.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 3:20 AM

Quote:
There is no chance in hell Stevens would (or should) give up his tenured position to become mayor.
Last I had heard he was giving it serious consideration. Also, shouldn't we be encouraging qualified candidates who hold Regina's best interests to run? Obviously it would involve giving up a stable sizable income for Stevens but you would imagine some individuals have more than money on their mind.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Yes. I am aware. I mentioned the property management companies in my post.
You listed all owners. Listing the manager, as though it has the ability to make large-scale changes by itself, is silly.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Last I had heard he was giving it serious consideration. Also, shouldn't we be encouraging qualified candidates who hold Regina's best interests to run? Obviously it would involve giving up a stable sizable income for Stevens but you would imagine some individuals have more than money on their mind.
I will always discourage bad ideas. He's more effective as a councilor. With a weak mayor system like we have he would not get much of his agenda done, plus he'd be giving up a long-term career, extremely stable career in favour of something potentially very short.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 2:25 PM

Ward 3 will always attract high quality urban candidates

We need better candidates in other wards.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 8:35 PM

Quote:
I will always discourage bad ideas. He's more effective as a councilor. With a weak mayor system like we have he would not get much of his agenda done, plus he'd be giving up a long-term career, extremely stable career in favour of something potentially very short.
Again, I don't want to shock you, but some people would rather help bring change than fill their bank accounts. He has already made a ridiculous amount of money in his position, and the mayors salary is still a fair amount, even though it may be underpaid. It is not your job to be Stevens financial advisor. If he decides he doesn't want to give up future earnings, then so be it. I just think its stupid for everyone to assume he wont run before he himself has publically announced it.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Again, I don't want to shock you, but some people would rather help bring change than fill their bank accounts. He has already made a ridiculous amount of money in his position, and the mayors salary is still a fair amount, even though it may be underpaid. It is not your job to be Stevens financial advisor. If he decides he doesn't want to give up future earnings, then so be it. I just think its stupid for everyone to assume he wont run before he himself has publically announced it.
Honestly, I'm not even sure what you're arguing against here. It's just as reasonable to question the con proposition as it is the pro. Hell, Stevens in my favorite councillor!

For the last years of available data their respective full time jobs: Andrew Stevens was paid $138,955 and Fougie was paid $121,103. I wouldn't say that Stevens makes "made a ridiculous amount of money". He is well paid, not ridiculous.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not even sure what you're arguing against here. It's just as reasonable to question the con proposition as it is the pro. Hell, Stevens in my favorite councillor!

For the last years of available data their respective full time jobs: Andrew Stevens was paid $138,955 and Fougie was paid $121,103. I wouldn't say that Stevens makes "made a ridiculous amount of money". He is well paid, not ridiculous.
Did they not approve the pay raise in late 2018? He would've made 144k last year as mayor.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701646/r...pay-structure/

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Did they not approve the pay raise in late 2018? He would've made 144k last year as mayor.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4701646/r...pay-structure/
The city releases 2019 numbers in May.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 5:03 PM

La Senza is not paying their bills so suppliers are trying to push them into bankruptcy. No word on if it will work yet or how stores will be affected. Only 114 (of 340) stores are in Canada. With stores in Cornwall and Southland, have to think those malls are hoping this doesn't get worse.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan