HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 7:07 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I was on the south Perimeter for the first time in a while and I noticed that a lot of the crossings have been permanently removed... they have been blocked off with new curbs. There are still a couple of openings left that are marked as no left turns with "authorized vehicles only" underneath, but it's still a major improvement over how it was before.

Also, I think EB 100 at St. Mary's desperately needs increased left turn storage capacity. I was there at around 3:00 (not even rush hour) and the left turning cars were backed up right into the passing lane of the Perimeter. It's a dangerous situation considering there is a lot of non-local traffic around there that wouldn't expect such a weird obstacle on a major highway... MIT should be adding a second left turn lane there.
The whole mess with the left turns between St Anne's and Lagimodiere has more or less been rectified. It'll be great when the South Perimeter overhaul gets rid of the little local road RIRO access points too since there are access points really close by, and it will just generally improve the safety of that stretch. The CPR crossing also needs to be either grade separated immediately or completely fixed. The bump over the tracks is so severe that in the winter, when the big transports et al. have snow and ice shaken loose, the cars coming over the tracks are in real peril of losing control once they hit all that ice/slush.
Federalist #10, James Madison

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan