HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 6, 2019, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
I think if one of the chains like Hyatt or Marriott or Hilton bought hotel Fort Gary it would be even more popular
As I mentioned, generally speaking, the big hotel chains do not buy or build hotel properties. Local people or companies do. They then sign a deal with one of the chains for the name, the booking engine, the brand standards, etc. e.g. Lakeview owns the Four Points at the airport, one of six Marriott affiliated hotels in Winnipeg.

I can't see the Fort Garry reaching Westin brand standards without a huge renovation budget. To me, a better idea would be to sign on with one with one of the Hilton or Marriott soft brands. The general idea is to still appear as an independent hotel, however you are part of the chain's loyalty system. As noted, this would be a huge driver for business. I realize that they are very different buildings, but for something along the lines that I am thinking take a look at the Hotel Saskatchewan, an Autograph Collection Hotel by Marriott in Regina:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan