HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 8:59 PM

Texas Triangle

To continue the theme of the other posts, for the non Texans- let me paint a picture of what is happening in the state.

Today, as of 2019, FIVE of the THIRTEEN most populated cities in the United States of America, the #1 economic superpower in the world, are located in Texas.

Not only are they located in Texas, they are located inside what is called the 'Texas Triangle'.

Those cities, of course, are:

Houston - 4
San Antonio- 7
Dallas- 9
Austin- 11
Ft. Worth- 13

Within that Texas Triangle, you will find TWO of the FIVE largest Metropolitan Areas in the United States. Those two, of course, are the Metroplex (Dallas + Ft. Worth) at #4 and the single city seat Metro of Houston at #5.

All of the projections that I hear, for the population of Texas in the year 2050, have Texas around the 50-55 million projection. The majority (90%+), will be located within the Texas Triangle.

What does that mean for the Texas cities....we shall see how it develops but, living in Houston, I can say the Inner loop & Uptown is going vertical at an alarming rate, and mass transit is increasing in Houston. I imagine the same is happening Dallas.

Austin, is going through an obvious growth spurt and surprisingly, I haven't seen the same happen to San Antonio but....IT WILL. It is a huge rising stock!

So, instead of thinking about the Houston and Metroplex passing the 3 in front of them, think about what WILL happen to the Texas Triangle.

Last edited by Bailey; Oct 25, 2019 at 9:57 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions