HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
^^ha ha. No problem!

I wish every commercial building downtown had a retail ground floor too. It’s not realistic but it would be great. Richardson’s need a lab. They spent more building downtown than the suburban option they looked at. I’m glad they did. I didnt have a realistic expectation that they would build and run retail in their lab. As great as that would be.

It has as much street interaction as almost every other building in the exchange. But I agree. I wish it had retail units.

I don’t really get the fixation on the tiny parking lot. It’s not possible to build a building right up to the CN main line. The only reason there is any parking is because it’s not feasible to build there. They didn’t want any parking but there was no point in leaving the space empty.
Surface parking, no main floor retail, not built up to the property line, suburban feel, minimal street interaction... Nice to see Vike be a bit more compromising and forgiving on these points when it's his own design .

In all seriousness though, very cool design and a welcome addition to that area,even if it looks like it should be in Smart Park .

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan