HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 4:58 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

All I remember from Keith Tkachuk was him saying something about how he hated Canadians - it was during an international tourney of some kind.

I get the rivalry thing but it was a bit much, especially since I think he was playing for a Canadian NHL club at the time.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Zhamnov was way more popular and the most underrated Jet of the 90s
Oddly you don't see a lot of Zhamnov nostalgia either. Selanne and Hawerchuk dominate that contest at least in terms of the later Jets 1.0 years, then you get a few others like Carlyle, Steen, Numinnen, Olczyk and Domi.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a Zhamnov jersey at a Jets game. But yeah, he certainly wouldn't have left a bad taste in peoples' mouths the way Tkachuk did.

Incidentally, Tkachuk married a Winnipeg girl... his mother in law was a teacher at my elementary school.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 5:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
All I remember from Keith Tkachuk was him saying something about how he hated Canadians - it was during an international tourney of some kind.

I get the rivalry thing but it was a bit much, especially since I think he was playing for a Canadian NHL club at the time.
Judging by his parenting style it seems obvious to me that he just hates everyone including his kids.

What parent would ever encourage their kid to be a pest.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Oddly you don't see a lot of Zhamnov nostalgia either. Selanne and Hawerchuk dominate that contest at least in terms of the later Jets 1.0 years, then you get a few others like Carlyle, Steen, Numinnen, Olczyk and Domi.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a Zhamnov jersey at a Jets game. But yeah, he certainly wouldn't have left a bad taste in peoples' mouths the way Tkachuk did.

Incidentally, Tkachuk married a Winnipeg girl... his mother in law was a teacher at my elementary school.
Zhamnov was top 3 in scoring with Jagr and Lindros in 1995 season but never got any love

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 3:45 AM

Jets win again and Hellebuyck passed Pavelec and Essensa for winningest goalie in Jets history tonight.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 3:51 AM
Community Guy

Gosh darn-it I like Bob... but Helly is awesome.

Jhuber wow!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 5:02 AM

Remember when Babcock benched Spezza in his first game for the Leafs after he got tickets for his whole family because apparently he "needed to figure out if he really wants to play here"?

Ya fuck that guy.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 5:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Jets win again and Hellebuyck passed Pavelec and Essensa for winningest goalie in Jets history tonight.
Clearly Best Atlanta beat Better Atlanta.

I don't care if this is the best team in the league, but they to me are clearly the most likable.

While my eye test sucks there seems to be something to this Stanley fella. I"m not sure how this all works, but it seems like Pionk, Morrissey and Stanley are all solid elements of the defense. Not sure about the other 3, but these guys seems like they have sustainable roles in the future.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 6:26 AM
BANNED

Canucks be like "We still got 10 Ottawa games left?, right?"

Last edited by LakeLocker; Feb 5, 2021 at 6:06 PM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Jets played a full 60 minutes again which was nice to see. Nice to see Scheifele finding his groove again, we just need Wheeler to do the same. The fact that the Jets are starting to roll with Dubois waiting in the wings to join the team in Calgary on Tuesday is giving me a solid dose of optimism.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 6:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Jets played a full 60 minutes again which was nice to see. Nice to see Scheifele finding his groove again, we just need Wheeler to do the same. The fact that the Jets are starting to roll with Dubois waiting in the wings to join the team in Calgary on Tuesday is giving me a solid dose of optimism.
Is Wheeler injured, he seems to move in an odd way, like he has really bad posture or something?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
Canucks be like "We still got 10 Ottawa games left?, right?"
Ya pretty much.
And wishing the 3 California teams were back in our division.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Why is everyone so hard on Wheeler lately? He's still prorated for an 88 point season if it was 82 games the team is 7-3-1 2 points back of first place he's great in the community and an American player who likes living here always does extra stuff with community charities and a great mentor for Schief

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 8:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Why is everyone so hard on Wheeler lately? He's still prorated for an 88 point season if it was 82 games the team is 7-3-1 2 points back of first place he's great in the community and an American player who likes living here always does extra stuff with community charities and a great mentor for Schief
Because he's 35, and still has 3 years left on his contract.

If his contract was up this year, I don't think anyone would be worried about his performance, or if he was a player that could be traded.

Currently he's the most solid member of the team, but he could easily become their biggest burden.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 9:01 PM

Once PLD enters the lineup they can do load management to limit his ice time like LeBron and NBA star players do to stay fresh cone playoff time

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 9:07 PM

Quote:
I find alot of the media discount assists and put too much weight into stupid stats like +/-

He's an aweomse leader, great play maker, and every team in the league would take him, so it doesn't really matter what the other noise is.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 9:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Once PLD enters the lineup they can do load management to limit his ice time like LeBron and NBA star players do to stay fresh cone playoff time
I could be wrong but I think Logan Stanley will end up being the make or break item for the team. Again I don't know much about the sport, but it seems to me he has real potential, in contrast to most of the D who seem to be playing at their max.

Everyone else on their team seems to be at their peak level of performance. Stanley seems to be a guy who could go way above what he is doing now, seems like he's always holding back not just physically but offensively. He's 22 spent the last year on the couch, was injured not long before that, it seems reasonable that the guy could heat up by playoff time.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 9:57 PM

I'm not saying Wheeler is done, I just think he's been slumping a bit, he didn't look quite as effective to me as usual at the start of the season. Same with Scheifele. Scheifele is my favourite player, it isn't like I have a vendetta against the guy... I like Wheeler too.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 10:00 PM

Wheels is very streaky he can go like 30 games with just 2 goals but tons of assists but then tear it up in another chunk of games. He has tons of mileage on him and always has an awkward skating style hunched over

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wio88 View Post
I find alot of the media discount assists and put too much weight into stupid stats like +/-

He's an aweomse leader, great play maker, and every team in the league would take him, so it doesn't really matter what the other noise is.
Amazing that Atlanta acquired Wheeler from the Bruins for Rich Peverley during the Thrashers last season in 2011. Peverley won a cup with the Bruins in 2011, but was forced to retire in 2015 from the Dallas Stars following cardiac issues that first surfaced in 2013.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada