HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 10:54 PM

Wow what a view of Midtown! Will be interesting to compare sq.ft cost with those of WTC's leases.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
In addition to approximately 1.5 million square feet of Class A office space and 22,000 square feet of retail space, on the uppermost floors 3 Hudson Boulevard is set to include another 350,000 square feet of Class A office or up to 14 floors of luxury residences.
If the residential component is realized, the tower will most likely get a height boost.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 11:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

At this point, they could have included the rest of the Hudson Yards in the renderings, but I guess they didn't want to take the focus away.

http://www.themarino.org/press-relea...dson-boulevard

Quote:
Moinian released these new images as discussions have accelerated with several high-end tenants looking to occupy large blocks of space at the highly sought-after tower. The property is being leased by Avison Young.

“We are set to deliver a truly spectacular building at 3 Hudson Boulevard — the pinnacle of the new Far West Side,” said Joseph Moinian, founder of The Moinian Group. “These new renderings wonderfully present the elegance and sophistication we are bringing to our tenants and the neighborhood.”

“There is no question that tenants are responding to this world-class project, as we are actively speaking with several major companies who are considering 3 Hudson Boulevard as their new headquarters,” said Arthur Mirante, President of Avison Young’s Tristate Region. “The new renderings further illuminate just how stunning and sophisticated their new home will be.”

The building includes 48,000-square-foot floor plates on the podium level, 30,000- to 35,000-square-foot, column-free floor plates in the tower office floors, with 11-foot-high ceilings and with floor-to-ceiling windows.

An anchor tenant at 3 Hudson Boulevard will also have a unique branding opportunity to join the ranks of some of New York City’s most premiere office towers. The tenant’s logo can be prominently displayed on the corner LED screen walls along the 11th Avenue and 34th Street frontages of the base floors, with day/night visibility. The tower will exceed LEED Platinum sustainability standards.

Office space at 3 Hudson Boulevard is being made available to tenants either as a direct lease or as an office condo. Tishman Construction is the lead construction partner on the project.

The opening of the 7-line extension next year will be a major factor in leasing here.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 11:55 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

So. Many. Supertalls.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 3:22 AM

Hopefully they're not exaggerating when they say they have several interested parties.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 3:46 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Would an extra 14 floors translate to a boost of about 200 ft or so?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 4:19 AM

What a beautiful design. NYC never ceases to amaze me with the beauty that it promotes and has. (Not including times square of course )

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 1:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Would an extra 14 floors translate to a boost of about 200 ft or so?
I doubt it. If it got any boost at all from residential, it wouldn't be that much.

Quote:
on the uppermost floors 3 Hudson Boulevard is set to include another 350,000 square feet of Class A office or up to 14 floors of luxury residences.

It would probably be around the same height in either configuration (it will be either, or. Not and additional 14 floors. With a better design, they could boost the height with residential. But they've been sticking with this design for a while now, and it looks like they are sticking with it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 3:11 PM

New York City is on steroids I really hope this boom does not slow down anytime soon because the sheer amount of supertalls and great architecture coming out of New York is not only incredible but not too many places around the world are on the level this city is right now in terms of development well at least in the western hemisphere.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 1:58 AM

The rendering is very good. I will be very happy if the final design looks like this.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 1:59 PM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 5:30 PM
World Machine

A nicely situated building with a striking design - I don't doubt there's interest. I am though very pleased that the design has more or less been retained since this proposal was first introduced.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 9:21 PM

Current state of 3 HB site

The current state of the 3 HB site is that it is still an active #7 subway extension construction site, "Site P":

Site P is in foreground, looking NW from the south side of 34th St & East Hudson Blvd. Tall crane is on site of future 3 HB, right (east) side of Site P is the future Hudson Blvd park bracketed by E & W Hudson Blvd, with a parking garage underneath. Grayish building is NOT on 3 HB site, it's the subway vent building at Site K, between 35th & 36th St.

The MTA committee's November report lists Site P's Forecast completion as Apr 2016, which probably ties into a forecast completion date for 3 HB. The Site P line item also footnotes "tt The scope of work in the Secondary Station Entrance Core & Shell and Building Systems/Finishes (Site P) contract package is not required for revenue service." As opposed to the primary entrance (adjacent to 55 HY, most of budget spent) only $15.3M of of the Current Contract's $84.1M has been spent.

http://www.mta.info/mta/news/books/p...s.pdf#page=276

Site P's secondary station entrance is probably what the stairs in this render are leading down to:

Last edited by vkristof; Dec 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
New Yorker for life

I think the transit is one of the best things going for this site. We are finally at a time when its more viable to look at this site as an option.

For an idea of just how long we've been looking at this, a mockup I did six long years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not to exact scale, but a comparison of the two 34th Street designs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Couple of pics of the model taken yesterday. Given that Vornado's tallest is about 1,200 ft,
the Girasole must be in the 1,100 ft range.

Hasn't changed much since then.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2013, 6:14 AM

Old Posted Dec 30, 2013, 2:38 PM
New Yorker for life

December 28, 2013

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 5:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 6:39 AM

^I'm really starting to love this building

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 2:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Some strong words...

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/01/08...-the-new-year/

Big Apple builders gung-ho going into the New Year

Quote:
January 8, 2014
By Sarah Trefethen

...Moinian’s 3 Hudson Boulevard will start construction when the 7th Avenue Subway extension is completed later this year, Brecher said, pending identification of an anchor tenant.

“It will be tenanted by the end of 2014,” he said. “I’m convinced of that.”

Old Posted Jan 8, 2014, 8:06 PM

thats good news

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction