HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 2:37 PM

Google Streetview rolled out some January 2023 updates in SA, so here's some progress of the new Spurs practice facility at La Cantera

Old Posted Mar 8, 2023, 10:53 AM

Between this, standalone Gucci/LV/Chanel boutique going in at La Cantera and all the high end development going on around downtown and the N/NW Side... it seems like SA is starting to move up the stature rankings pretty fast. 41k sqft has me thinking it won't just be Lamborghini but will probably have Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin or some combination along with it.

"Italian supercar maker Lamborghini is vrooming into San Antonio market with plans for a dealership on the far North Side, the Express-News reports.

The 41,000-square-foot dealership will be located off of Interstate 10 West between Leon Springs and Fair Oaks ranch, not far from San Antonio's only Ferrari dealership, according to the daily.

The $10 million construction project is slated to begin this summer and wrap up by 2025. Lamborghini of San Antonio will be the Italian car manufacturer's third Texas dealership and its 40th U.S. location, the Express-News reports."

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/itali...arket-31206297

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 2:36 AM

A new 5 level 291 unit apartment development along 1604 near huebner rd just started construction. Called the Greyson.
https://thecarboncompanies.com/property/greyson/

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
A new 5 level 291 unit apartment development along 1604 near huebner rd just started construction. Called the Greyson.
https://thecarboncompanies.com/property/greyson/

Oh it sounds like it’s close to the Pearl! Oh wait, that’s Grayson!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 2:53 PM
JACKinBeantown

Judging by the shape of the lot in the renderings, my guess is that it will be on this empty lot.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/16...!4d-98.5223903

Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Judging by the shape of the lot in the renderings, my guess is that it will be on this empty lot.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/16...!4d-98.5223903
I think it's the lot next to the cover 3 restaurant.
You can see the construction on google street view

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 12:54 AM

$800M-$1B multifamily, hotel, office and retail project breaks ground in New Braunfels

Quote:
By Eric Weilbacher
July 5th 2023

A long-dormant and abandoned textile factory is in the demolition phase of construction as part of a makeover expected to cost $800 million to $1 billion over the next several years of construction.

River Mill, located on the Guadalupe River and a short distance from downtown New Braunfels, will comprise around 900 multifamily apartments and townhomes along with a luxury hotel, 83,000 square feet of retail space and more than 130,000 square feet of office space wrapped up in a mixed-use environment, according to Casey Development, the San Antonio-based developer of the project.

Construction on the roughly 28-acre site is set to begin one of two phases in the first quarter of 2024 and last until at least 2032. Phase 1 will consist of an office building, a hotel, a “wrap” multifamily building, townhomes, outdoor courtyard and a multifamily tower, per Caraway.
https://communityimpact.com/austin/n...new-braunfels/

Old Posted Jul 8, 2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
A Dallas-based nonprofit plans to construct a unique senior-living development along Interstate 10 north of Loop 1604 with resort-level amenities that could potentially serve as a second home for some residents and offer a mix of wellness services and accommodations for others.
Bella Vida at La Cantera is slated for a 21-acre site near the La Cantera Resort & Spa, Eilan Hotel and Spa and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It will include more than 150 independent-living apartment homes and 40 villas with attached garages, with a variety of floor plans ranging from 820 to 2,550 square feet.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...a-cantera.html

Old Posted Jul 8, 2023, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
FFS a senior living complex of all things for that prime plot of land.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2023, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Exclusive: High-end motorsports development planned near SA airport
The company, which will be based out of San Antonio, is already planning similar venues in Dubai, Austin and Florida.... Exotic cars, fine dining and five-star experiences. That’s what Prestige Motorsports says it has planned for a new development near San Antonio International Airport.

The 19,000-square-foot complex will include a boutique dealership and a clubhouse featuring an upscale auto-themed lounge in a 3,000-square-foot mezzanine that includes a full-service bar, dining facilities, big-screen televisions and a Formula 1 simulator.

“It’s a country club meets a car dealership. That’s the best way I can explain it,” Prestige Motorsports co-founder Ben Brunton told me. “What we are creating here has never been done before.”
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...r-airport.html

Old Posted Sep 18, 2023, 3:19 AM

Wonderland owners eye new development at Balcones Heights crossroads

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...09-15&empos=p5

Sis Weiss, who heads up the group that has a majority stake in Wonderland, said discussions are already under way regarding three sites — one on mall property and two others nearby that could accommodate roughly 500 to 700 multifamily units. Those tracts are currently controlled by different entities.

“We've had architects involved. We've had market studies done. We've had preliminary drawings done,” Weiss said. “We're not just talking about it.”

Weiss and company have also explored new commercial development opportunities on the Wonderland site, including a potential reimagination of part of the southeast corner of the site facing Interstate 10 that could include new construction and a unique view of downtown. “There’s lots of potential players for that,” Weiss said

IMO, this could get interesting.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2023, 12:48 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Giving me vibes of whatever that development plan with Rackspace and Windcrest was with the old Windsor Park Mall. I believe that ended with their city manager in Federal prison or something? lol. Anyway, my point is small municipalities can easily step in it when it comes to big 3P real estate deals like this. But it's theoretically a great project because of the central location, so I hope it works out.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 6:00 PM

Quote:
A change in leadership and strategy has created plenty of uncertainty about DeLorean Motor Co. Inc. and its long-range plans for the Alamo City and Port San Antonio, its headquarters home.

But that lack of clarity has not stalled the port’s plan to develop a next-generation office tower expected to draw more economic activity to the city’s southern sector.

“The tower project continues to move forward and is currently in pre-development design,” Port San Antonio’s Paco Felici said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...ower-plan.html

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 1:16 AM

I realize that it is only in the planning stage but is there any estimate on when they will break ground on this beautiful building? It is about time the southside got something....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post

Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 7:29 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
"Lamborghini of San Antonio will be the Italian car manufacturer's third Texas dealership and its 40th U.S. location, the Express-News reports."
Actually, it will be their fourth dealership in Texas. They are already established in Houston, Dallas and Austin.

Regardless, this is good news!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 7:37 AM

Much, much more of this please.

https://sanantonioreport.org/san-ant...d-development/

Rezoning OK’d for San Pedro project as council seeks to spur more transit-oriented development

Quote:
At 7159 San Pedro Ave., the site of a former Southwestern Bell building, rezoning allows the developer to build up to 350 dwelling units and space for commercial uses. The land use goes from “community commercial” to “mixed use” in the North Central Community Plan.

A site plan submitted by attorneys for developer Rajeev Puri of AD Acquisitions shows that Puri wants to put up two eight-story residential buildings with street-level retail, a storage building and a six-story parking garage.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 2:20 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I was worried for a minute City Council was going to cave to North Side nimbys and wouldn't follow through with the upzoning, which would have made the Green Line... not pointless exactly, but definitely way less impactful. North Star area in particular has huge potential to be quite dense owing to its central location.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 5:30 PM

This is right by my work. Amazing.

I keep telling my coworkers that change is coming to San Pedro but they don't believe me. Excellent news.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Pleasanton announces downtown redevelopment to accommodate population growth
'It has taken years of planning and searching for funding sources, but I believe this project will provide everything our community has been waiting for.'

...The firm will use community feedback to provide architecture, engineering, landscape architecture and master plan services for the city for the redevelopment.

Construction is expected to begin in fall 2024. The development is scheduled to deliver 200 affordable and market-rate multifamily units across three buildings, retail and office spaces with parking. The former school's gymnasium is scheduled to become an event space and live music venue...

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...on-growth.html

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 8:15 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio