HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

I was about to say the same thing. The Austonian will stay the tallest unless they add more to the tower. Though this tower will look taller due to the ground being higher.

Once it starts construction they said it would only take a year to build. Wow talk about super fast for a tower that size. Also correct me if im wrong but since this is state owned and controlled land, the city of Austin will have little to no say in zoning or height. I can just see a bunch of NIMBYS raising hell over this since its fairly close to the capital.
One of the TV news stories said the state already approved that site for development (But it didn't say if height was a factor) and that's why the site was selected. Besides the elevation, another good thing about that site is that it is the dividing line between Downtown proper and campus. It should help tie together the high rises in both locations by allowing for a continuous skyline.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations