HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Probably just due to the 737 MAX grounding, if I had to guess. We'll get our capacity back once the need is higher than where the aircraft were moved.

That flight is less than two hours, so being on a Q400 is really not that terrible. It is not a bad aircraft at all.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...schedules.html

Back to twice daily and both flights on Q400. Flight time YQR-YVR 3 hrs 4 mins. Too long to be on a Q400 (trust me).

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...schedules.html

Back to twice daily and both flights on Q400. Flight time YQR-YVR 3 hrs 4 mins. Too long to be on a Q400 (trust me).
Still waiting on baited breath for this supposed announcement you claimed was coming for Regina and it's international air service. When can we expect the life-changing news?!?!?!

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Still waiting on baited breath for this supposed announcement you claimed was coming for Regina and it's international air service. When can we expect the life-changing news?!?!?!
Don't hold your breath..... nothing happens quickly here

I'm waiting for a DL service to MSP that was supposedly in the works but seems to have stalled. I've heard nothing for ages.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Air Canada has just increased the frequency from YQR to YVR from two to three flights per day.

From 620CKRM.com 'Busy year at YQR'

"Air Canada added a third daily flight to Vancouver. “We had two flights with Air Canada before and as of December 23rd, so just at the end of the year, they are now offering three flights a day"

So increased frequency but using smaller aircraft = similar daily capacity as before?
The capacity is roughly the same. The Q400 seats 78, and the CRJ900 seats 76 I think. So really no change capacity wise.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
The capacity is roughly the same. The Q400 seats 78, and the CRJ900 seats 76 I think. So really no change capacity wise.
So, if they have added a third daily flight, then the capacity will have increased by 78.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
So, if they have added a third daily flight, then the capacity will have increased by 78.
It's been 3 daily since spring 2019. Not sure why they are saying what they are saying.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
It's been 3 daily since spring 2019. Not sure why they are saying what they are saying.
Perhaps they shifted from 3x/day seasonal to 3x/day year-round?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Perhaps they shifted from 3x/day seasonal to 3x/day year-round?
Yes, that's what I understand.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 11:13 PM

Some very weird upcoming schedules YQR-YYZ. During the week of February 3, some days its down to 2 x E190's each direction for the whole days flights. Other days its 2 x E190 with an A320 thrown in for good measure. Then in March it looks like we get some more Rouge junk flying the route for 1 of the 3 daily flights with the other 2 being E190's.

Thankfully the Rouge flight is the middle of the day flight that isn't as useful a time anyways....

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
Some very weird upcoming schedules YQR-YYZ. During the week of February 3, some days its down to 2 x E190's each direction for the whole days flights. Other days its 2 x E190 with an A320 thrown in for good measure. Then in March it looks like we get some more Rouge junk flying the route for 1 of the 3 daily flights with the other 2 being E190's.
Until the 737 MAX is airborne again, we're going to have to endure this, and the latest word is that the grounding will last until at least the summer.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 4:25 AM

I’m reposting this from the Canadian Aviation thread:

Hi everyone. The Time Air Society of Lethbridge are trying to save one of the F-28s at YXE that have been parked there for over 15 years.

They are about $3,250 shy of their goal, but only have until the end of January to succeed (otherwise it will join all the other YXE F-28s and head off to the scrapper). If you can donate even as little as $20, it would go a long way to preserving a piece of Canadian (and Dutch) aviation history.

Here’s the link to their GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/saving-cf...281000-sn11106

Even if you can’t afford to donate, spread the word.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 6:24 PM
ConstructionPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion301 View Post

Hi everyone. The Time Air Society of Lethbridge are trying to save one of the F-28s at YXE that have been parked there for over 15 years.

They are about $3,250 shy of their goal, but only have until the end of January to succeed (otherwise it will join all the other YXE F-28s and head off to the scrapper). If you can donate even as little as $20, it would go a long way to preserving a piece of Canadian (and Dutch) aviation history.

Here’s the link to their GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/saving-cf...281000-sn11106

Did the Sask Aviation Museum obtain one of the Fokker's? I'm also surprised that YXE never included a large area in their expansion plans to display an aircraft such as Fokker when the aircraft itself was in YXE's backyard.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalin_10 View Post
Did the Sask Aviation Museum obtain one of the Fokker's? I'm also surprised that YXE never included a large area in their expansion plans to display an aircraft such as Fokker when the aircraft itself was in YXE's backyard.
Not that I'm aware of I'm afraid. Maybe someone from the Time Air Historical Society can answer that?

https://timeairhs.ca/

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion301 View Post

Just to provide an update on fundraising, only $2,760 left to raise. Even a $5 donation would help.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 1:23 AM

Saskatoon International Airport records 2nd busiest year

BY DAVID GILES GLOBAL NEWS
Posted February 3, 2020 2:52 pm

Saskatoon International Airport earned a top honour in 2019 — the number one ranking in Canada for on-time performance.

Officials said despite challenging weather conditions, the focus and dedication of its staff and airport partners allowed it to achieve that ranking while recording its second-busiest year on record.

[........]

Read more:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6500982/s...-busiest-year/

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 4:11 PM

"Other highlights for the year included the return of WestJet’s weekly winter service to Orlando, Fla., Delta Airlines increasing seats to Minneapolis, Minn., and Transwest moving its Saskatoon to Regina flight to the main terminal, airport officials said."

This makes me sad that we're seeing record flights, but when I moved here a decade ago we had Chicago and Denver. :/

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 7:09 PM
ConstructionPete

New Name, New Routes

Unconfirmed

I heard from a source that Transwest & Westwind are looking to streamline operations under one name and expand regional operations beyond Saskatchewan to under served markets. This would suggest a fleet expansion.

Does anyone else have information that can confirm or dispute this?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalin_10 View Post
Unconfirmed

I heard from a source that Transwest & Westwind are looking to streamline operations under one name and expand regional operations beyond Saskatchewan to under served markets. This would suggest a fleet expansion.

Does anyone else have information that can confirm or dispute this?
Hadn't heard that, but sounds interesting. Any further info or links to explain this? (not exactly a great time to be launching more commercial aviation routes IMHO....)

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 6:21 PM

Old Posted May 3, 2020, 6:07 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan