HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
Meh

I like the huge windows in the condo units at the Hilton. I'd have a hard time putting furniture in there for blocking the view. I like the little sectioned off squares in the window frames. Adds some detail to some otherwise huge and monotonous windows. And I actually like the color of the Hilton. I like the southwestern colors. What I don't like is the lack of street level retail, some of the blank walls around the base and the hugeness of the building. At least it isn't lit very much at night. Kind of goes unnoticed at night even from up close. I'd say I probably like both the Grand Hyatt and the Hilton Austin just about equally.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakyle04 View Post
i don't remember what floor the pool was on - 14th? - but we were definitely above the "lower" condo units and below the "upper" condo units. that was the pool they directed us too. it also had the workout facilities and some sort of spa on the same level. the pool views were good, and the layout, though unspectacular, did have a nice cabana area with a little bar....
Actually, I was talking about the Grand Hyatt's pool. The rooftop pool on the Grand Hyatt is for the residents. The hotel guests have a pool that is between the hotel and Lila Cockrell theatre. Couldn't verify this through their website, but did see it in one of the pictures in the downtown SA thread (shot from tower)

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 12:54 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
Actually, I was talking about the Grand Hyatt's pool. The rooftop pool on the Grand Hyatt is for the residents. The hotel guests have a pool that is between the hotel and Lila Cockrell theatre. Couldn't verify this through their website, but did see it in one of the pictures in the downtown SA thread (shot from tower)
Ooooooohhhhhhhh...

I am a genius.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio