HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 30, 2022, 8:12 PM

"The douche or the turd sandwich." - South Park

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Guess a leader charged with assault, racist name caller, women beater, and former alcoholic appeals more to Some Manitobans!
Sorry, I don't follow your logic. The post was about Stefanson and her failure to disclose a massive real estate sale as required. Your post doesn't make any sense.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
I think it would take a hugely popular leader and inspiring leader for the provincial Liberals to be able to grow their party in the province, and I don't believe that have one right now. IMO the PC's having nothing to run on except to dredge up past scandals about Kinew. Meanwhile, Kinew hasn't really impressed me as a leader. the only time I can remember him making a forceful public statement was when the PC's messed up their residential school response. it seems like most elections (municipal, provincial and federal) seem to be more about "the current person doesn't deserve to be re-elected" rather than "the alternative is a better choice". The nature of elections I guess.
He's been very vocal on the government's handling of COVID and the health care system. Are you sure you have been listening carefully?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:07 AM

Kinew is constantly putting out statements on everything. Check his Twitter for a record of it. The press don't really cover everything.

Kinew definitely not the best candidate. But someone who owns their past and what was done, is at least worth something. People change.

Nahanni Fontaine would be better suited to be leader IMO. Also worth a follow on Twitter.

Stefanson currently: We're not doing anything to upset my voters. Trudeau do something!

Trudeau does something.

Stefanson: We don't need Trudeau's help!

She can piss off with all her money.

Apparently the RCMP are shutting down the Emerson blockade in the morning. They reached an 'agreement'.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:18 AM

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...576213742.html

Latest shit show form Stefanson in writing.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:29 AM

Wow. I have actually been shocked by how incredibly bad she has performed. I don't want to really say dumb, but she keeps doing stuff that she should know people are going to find out about. Looks like the Cons are back to choosing incredibly bad leaders and shooting themselves in the foot. It takes skill to not even get the new leader bounce.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
He's been very vocal on the government's handling of COVID and the health care system. Are you sure you have been listening carefully?
Nope, guess I haven't! Glad to hear he's been staying in the public eye.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...576213742.html

Latest shit show form Stefanson in writing.
This would be so hilariously amateurish if it wasn't for the fact that this is the crew running our provincial government.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 5:06 PM

Obby Khan won the conservative nomination for the Fort Whyte riding. I believe the election happens by the end of March. Typically a conservatives strong hold and he's a well known and liked local name. Expect him to win. If he doesn't that would spell disaster for the conservatives going into the next election.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 5:25 PM

I would bet the farm on Obby. It's a safe Conservative seat, and his personal popularity and connections probably mitigate voter dissatisfaction with the PCs enough to prevent any possibility of an upset.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 5:34 PM

I see people on Twitter who are "OMG OBBY YES!" and next tweet it's a thread about how terrible Stefanson is. So who knows wtf will happen haha I guess they can be happy about a candidate and hate the leader too.

Reeves was ahead in polling vs Obby and the NDP, but again who knows.

It's amazing though, the split in votes country wide. Democrat/Liberal voters are 2:1 vs conservative. This gets a bit closer to 50/50 when it's good times for the conservatives.

This is why in the states the Conservatives are big into electronic voting. hint hint. They can't win otherwise even with all the nut cases down south. We need to be aware of this going forward in Canada. Regardless of what your political affiliations may be. Mark paper with pencil, count by hand.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:07 PM

People are always looking for good shawarma.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:13 PM

Disappointing to see Obby get into politics. In my encounters with him he's seemed like a better person than that.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
People are always looking for good shawarma.
There will now be Shawarma Kahn's on every street corner.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:29 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
Disappointing to see Obby get into politics. In my encounters with him he's seemed like a better person than that.
He was involved in Bowman's campaigns and he's been around the PC party for quite some time according to what I've heard... this is not coming as a surprise. He's been preparing for this for quite some time.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:48 PM

Quote:
There will now be Shawarma Kahn's on every street corner.
They'll position this as a program to get jobs to underprivileged kids and a way to address hunger issues in the inner-city. Your kids can work for minimum wage at a Shawarma Khan's and we'll send you vouchers for meals as part of your EI assistance.

It's a win-win for everybody!

Just nobody mention that we're lining Obby's pockets, is all we ask. ;-)

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
I agree actually. Associating himself with the gang that couldn't shoot straight currently in power, and Bowman (ack!). Disappointing. I don't know what he stands for but small business rights. I remember him complaining about city parking policy downtown.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Nahanni Fontaine would be better suited to be leader IMO. Also worth a follow on Twitter.
lol @ Nahanni Fontaine. She is two bricks short of a load, She also lies and invents incidents that never happen (i.e. the washroom incident at the Forks).

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 3:14 PM

As popular as he is personally, I think Obby is in for a tough time defending the Conservative's record in the next election. I assume they will concentrate their efforts on attacking the previous NDP government's handling of the provincial economy, but Pally took office back in 2016, a life-time in politics. In that time they've watched their healthcare reforms wilt under the weight of the pandemic, their premier jump ship and his replacement waffle and dither under the recent Trucker Tantrum. I suppose for about a week they "balanced the budget", but that was under much better circumstances, with lots of Federal $$ and no pandemic to crush healthcare.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan