HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 12:07 PM

Stayinginformed did this great photo update recently. A few of the projects didn't have names. There are so many going up my memory can't keep track of what is what. Could you guys give me the names of the projects below? Thanks in advance, and thank you again Stayinginformed for your continued fantastic updates! It's encouraging to see so many projects still happening around town.

Just around the corner from Maven 2 on Fayette an apartment building.

Townhouse project just north of Target next to I-15, not sure of the name.

Phase 1 of apartments across 300 West from Home Depot completed and leasing.

Phase 2 of apartments across 300 West fro Home Depot under Construction.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 3:57 PM

Work on the 21 Lofts in Sugarhouse is progressing quickly -- the first row of them is framed out. It'll be interesting to see what their interaction with the neighborhood is like.

https://twentyonelofts.com/

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Stayinginformed did this great photo update recently. A few of the projects didn't have names. There are so many going up my memory can't keep track of what is what. Could you guys give me the names of the projects below? Thanks in advance, and thank you again Stayinginformed for your continued fantastic updates! It's encouraging to see so many projects still happening around town.
Just around the corner from Maven 2 on Fayette an apartment building.
This looks like its the Tag Fayette https://www.tagslc.com/portfolio_page/tag-fayette/

Townhouse project just north of Target next to I-15, not sure of the name.
This is likely the Dalton's Edge project. BSL article: https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/mor...-target-block/

Phase 1 of apartments across 300 West from Home Depot completed and leasing.
That project is simply called: @2100 Apartments https://www.2100slc.com/

Phase 2 of apartments across 300 West fro Home Depot under Construction.
I had no idea they were building a second phase of the project, but its part of the @2100 apartments project above. The parcels are owned by the same company and the site plan for the project shows the second phase https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 10:27 PM
Space Magi

Walked along Parley's Trail (S-line) yesterday and liked what I saw. It will be great to see more development along the route and hopefully the extension of the streetcar into Sugar House.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:28 PM
Space Magi

There have been two fires in this area in the last few days. Not sure what's going on.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:48 PM

Yesterday, I noticed the 255 S. State site has a Public Notice posted on the fence (it could have been posted a while back and I just didn't notice). Does that mean it's about to start construction or they are still looking for community input on the project? I feel like I usually see those posted shortly before construction begins.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
There have been two fires in this area in the last few days. Not sure what's going on.
Well, we know it's not because of Vasilios Priskos. He's dead.

(I'm 100% convinced he burned down DV8 on purpose.)

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 8:42 PM
One Thing At A Time

Fire department said that first fire was most likely started by a person. Maybe we have an arsonist on our hands.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Maybe we have an arsonist on our hands.
I mean, I have a list...

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 5:34 PM
Space Magi

Ranking: 2 Utah metro areas among most prepared regions in US for economic recovery

SLC and Provo, along with our fellow forumites in Denver and Boise, are apparently good position for recovery according to Forbes.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 6:02 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Fire department said that first fire was most likely started by a person. Maybe we have an arsonist on our hands.
We have had no less than five fires across our projects in the last six months. Mostly structures that cannot be torn down due to Sugarhole ordinance, even with emergency demo orders form the FD. After one fire in December, a Firefighter confided in me that they had ELEVEN structure fires in 24 hours. They are also told to "not talk about it" when asked about Building Dept intransigence on this issue. Code needs to change and staff need to wake up, as in STOP rejecting Fire Department demo orders. It's Lord of the Flies for the homeless population right now. Absolutely shocking the homeless and vagrant traffic around town right now. I'd say, 50% of all pedestrians C9 and North Temple are homeless at a times. It's Covid party time chumps. Their time to shine.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Ranking: 2 Utah metro areas among most prepared regions in US for economic recovery

SLC and Provo, along with our fellow forumites in Denver and Boise, are apparently good position for recovery according to Forbes.

I saw that article this morning. Then I turned on the news to hear that L.A. will remain shut down for pretty much the rest of the year.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 1:04 AM

Any thoughts as to what may happen to the Embassy apartment? I saw a drone video that detailed the damage as seen from directly above. The outside is fine, the interior looks like burnt pizza. It’ll be such a shame if it can’t be salvaged. Why would someone burn that place when there’s a Carl’s Jr. just a few blocks away?

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 6:04 AM

Tag 324

I noticed that TAG has filed a design review for a proposed a new building located at 324 South and 400 East.
According to the description, the project will be 11 floors and include 91 residential units. https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

I don't know why the images are so big. If you right click and 'open the image in a new tab' its better.

Project Description:

Renderings (super basic):

Buildings its replacing:

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

Interesting. From what little you can tell from the rendering and description, this would appear to be quite a high-end luxury building. Also, the 11-story height is pretty tall for that far east. There should be more of that on 400 S. itself.

Thanks for the heads-up on this project Blah Amazing. It will be a cool one to follow.

Just for clarification. Does demolition include both buildings to the right of #3, including that gray nondescript two-story behind the trees?

Last edited by delts145; May 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 2:42 PM
Space Magi

Zephyr Lofts was approved by the planning commission yesterday despite some significant resistance. Apparently, the color of the bricks was a hot topic of discussion.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 3:25 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
I noticed that TAG has filed a design review for a proposed a new building located at 324 South and 400 East.
According to the description, the project will be 11 floors and include 91 residential units.

Project Description:
That's the old Ichiban Sushi building, a former church. Used to be the "it" place to go in SLC. I heard that at one point they were exploring a hospitality play on that site, I'm assuming hospitality funding is, er, not here any more. Mixed feelings losing those structures. Not in the Central City Historic district.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Zephyr Lofts was approved by the planning commission yesterday despite some significant resistance. Apparently, the color of the bricks was a hot topic of discussion.
Wow. Did the city approve them on condition of a few modifications? If not, then the city needs to have more stringent zoning code requirements for retail/ ground level uses in this particular area. That base is deadly.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
According to the description, the project will be 11 floors and include 91 residential units. https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

I don't know why the images are so big. If you right click and 'open the image in a new tab' its better.

Project Description:

Renderings (super basic):

Buildings its replacing:
Wow. I'm having a hard time believing that this is by Atlas, the designers of the Central 9th market. This is quite sterile:

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 6:58 PM

That was designed in the year 2020? I could make something better in MS paint in five minutes. The thing outta be covered entirely with holographic glass and neon lights. I’d much rather keep what’s already there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West