HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Hyatt Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Denver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 7:35 PM
Denver

DENVER | Hyatt Place / Hyatt House - 21 Stories

not that impressive of a design, but It is getting built in a part of downtown Denver that needs some SERIOUS love.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 4:22 AM
Here we stAy

Not bad with the glass facade on the one corner, but the upper beige area of the tower desperately needs some texture.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 7:01 AM
Denver

I agree the top section of the tower looks terrible...

but, it could be better looking in person.

and if the bottom is brick like the rendering indicates, it could be nice at street level

Old Posted May 1, 2013, 10:22 PM

It will most likely be cheap looking stucco like the one in Austin.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=172530&page=2

Old Posted May 1, 2013, 10:39 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

We don't know if this is the final design for this tower. The site is 14th and Glenarm and this rendering is on 15th and California.. There's a good chance it will change..
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 2:18 AM
Denver

oh my god that hyatt in austin is truly awful. I seriously hope ours doesn't look like that, although I'm afraid it will

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 2:25 AM

Barf. Hope they change that design.

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 6:57 AM

Oh Lordee Bee!!!!

This, IMO, speaks of desperation on the part of the city?

"We're just so happy to get more hotel rooms in the city, we don't care what it looks like!"

That's the feeling I've gotten in reviewing other hotel projects in other cities!

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 7:26 AM
Denver

denver doesn't need any more hotel rooms. there is already a ton.

I wouldn't call it desperation. Denver has a lot of great infill going on right now. not every project is going to be amazing. but, a 21 story hotel built on a vacant lot in a part of downtown riddled with parking lots is pretty cool.

Desperation is more like building a monorail in your downtown instead of any type of real public transit

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 3:29 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
denver doesn't need any more hotel rooms. there is already a ton.
We actually REALLY need hotels. We are at capacity and are constantly sold out across the board. One of the major complaints lately are people being diverted to the burbs.

Again, this is preliminary as this rendering is the wrong lot. I think there's a good chance it will change, at least we can hope..
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 7:35 PM

Although this rendering is for the site they looked at originally, I don't expect the design to change substantially. This is the typical Hyatt mid-rise/highrise design. Just look at the Hyatt Place website, and they all look generally the same. Just like the typical aLoft project designs are all very similar. Corporate architecture, love it or hate it.

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Although this rendering is for the site they looked at originally, I don't expect the design to change substantially. This is the typical Hyatt mid-rise/highrise design. Just look at the Hyatt Place website, and they all look generally the same. Just like the typical aLoft project designs are all very similar. Corporate architecture, love it or hate it.
I'll never be a guest in any of these corporate look-alike hotels/motels, I shun them.

Thank God above, many of those older motels of the 40's/50's/60's are still up and running, and well-maintained. I will never stay in a hotel where I can't even open a window! I smoke, won't smoke in my room, I gravitate to the older motels with the long wrap around aisle balconies, where, at night, I can drink my beer, stand by the railing, and smoke!

I recently stayed in a older motel in San Francisco (had to hunt it down like crazy!), built in the 40's, and I even had my own private balcony!

You won't find me staying in these places even if they only charged me $10 a nite!

I got spoiled thru 12 trips to Central/South America where, oftentimes, even at a 2 star hotel/motel I had the luxury of either a balcony and/or access to a rooftop deck for 360 degree views of the city!

The least these cheap hotel/motel developers could do is open up a rooftop deck for its guests, in lieu of balconies!

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post

Desperation is more like building a monorail in your downtown instead of any type of real public transit
You're clueless about Las Vegas and the one mob element they forgot to rid themselves of, our powerful taxi cab unions!

They're so powerful they wouldn't even allow the monorail developer to add a link from MGM to the Airport, their biggest money maker!!! And even when the monorail was built, there were mysterious things happening, like wheels falling off the monorail! No mystery, they were trying to sabotage the system!

Even 20 years ago, there should have been a light rail line going from downtown's Fremont Street, down the Strip, and to the Airport!

Do you have any idea how many taxi cabs there are in this city, and the job losses that would ensue if that rail line was built?

Will light rail ever come to Las Vegas? Never-ever!!! As long as that one last mob element remains!

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 7:50 AM

They tried to bring Hyatt Place here to Evansville. Thankfully it failed. They come up with some of the ugliest cookie cutter designs. I really don't see any of them aging well.

Although, I do like the density this building is filling up.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2014, 8:40 PM

Here is a rendering of the project at its actual location:

And a couple of construction photos:

Old Posted Feb 17, 2014, 9:46 PM
Never Dell

I'm surprised at how much Denver is ratcheting up its hotel room count. When the convention hotel went in (nice, I recently stayed there) my guess was it would flood the market for a while, aided by the subsidy. But it's been absorbed and there's plenty more demand for non-subsidized construction, which sounds strongest near the convention center. This suggests that the center is doing well, and non-convention demand must also be doing well. I don't see Denver as a major tourist city but it's probably ratcheting up in that regard, while also being a strong general business destination.

The Gaylord hotel/convention project in Aurora is worrisome. It seems like that could pull some convention business away. Of course the convention business is also subject to growing competition from other cities as well.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 4:16 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Tower crane is up! I'll have some site photos from DenverInfill up in a few days!

Can we officially call this U/C?

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 9:02 PM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
I'm surprised at how much Denver is ratcheting up its hotel room count. When the convention hotel went in (nice, I recently stayed there) my guess was it would flood the market for a while, aided by the subsidy. But it's been absorbed and there's plenty more demand for non-subsidized construction, which sounds strongest near the convention center. This suggests that the center is doing well, and non-convention demand must also be doing well. I don't see Denver as a major tourist city but it's probably ratcheting up in that regard, while also being a strong general business destination.

The Gaylord hotel/convention project in Aurora is worrisome. It seems like that could pull some convention business away. Of course the convention business is also subject to growing competition from other cities as well.
Some (including folks with the City) feel that another Convention Center Hotel is needed.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...onvention.html

Old Posted Jan 1, 2015, 6:29 PM

December 31, 2014:

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 5:25 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive