HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
Per google/flights, the delta flight to ams returns on july 3rd, hnd July 1st. Likewise, the flight to fra on may 21st. The flight to lhr doesn't show up.
I think that's highly unlikely to actually take place

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 3:42 PM

Delta Airlines to start Nonstop Portland-Seoul, South Korea service

Year round, 3x/week beginning September 9. Already available for booking at Delta.com

This will be in addition to Delta's Tokyo service, due to resume in October.

Delta’s new service from Portland International Airport (PDX) to Seoul-Incheon International Airport (ICN) will enable one-stop connections to over 80 destinations throughout Asia. The route will offer the fastest connection from PDX to the largest corporate and leisure markets in the region.

DL278 Portland to Seoul departing 12:35PM arriving 5:05PM (+1 day)
DL277 Seoul to Portland departing 7:30PM arriving 2:25PM

The route covers a distance of 5,326 miles. The westbound flight is blocked at 12hr30min and operates on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, while the eastbound flight is blocked at 10hr55min and operates on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.

Delta will use an Airbus A330-200 for the route, featuring 234 seats, including 34 business class seats and 200 economy class seats.

https://news.delta.com/deltas-athens...hing-fall-2021

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 9:08 PM

Awesome! At last some news of expansion. Might lead to some more Delta domestic flights to feed that route as well.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 9:39 PM

Hopefully it doesn't end up as a replacement for Delta's Tokyo flight, which starts up again in October.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 8:23 PM

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...-new-york.html

Quote:
PDX getting direct flight to Seoul and a new, daily flight to New York
Updated Apr 20, 10:52 AM; Posted Apr 20, 10:20 AM

With air travel soaring at Portland International Airport, Delta Air Lines said Tuesday that it will add a direct flight to South Korea and restore a flight to New York City.

On May 28, Delta will begin flying daily between Portland and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. Currently, JetBlue has red-eye flights to JFK twice a week. Alaska Airlines plans to resume flights to JFK on July 2.

Delta’s new flight to Seoul is PDX’s first direct flight to that city since 1999. The Port of Portland, which runs the airport, said it has been seeking to restore the service for several years. The new flight begins Sept. 9. (South Korea currently requires a negative COVID-19 test for travelers from the United States.)

Air travel through PDX picked up enormously in March, with 773,000 people flying through Portland last month. That’s double the number that flew in February and the highest tally, by far, of the pandemic.

Sun Country Airlines has restored service from Portland to Minneapolis and Condor Airlines will resume flying from PDX to Frankfurt, Germany, on May 21. Icelandair will resume flying in and out of Portland on July 2.
...(continues)

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 6:12 PM

New renderings of the main terminal

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 7:10 PM
Registered Ugly

Looks like a mini Singapore Changi.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 8:06 PM

Wow this is stunning! Does anyone happen to know if the C and D concourses will be renovated? With the new B and E concourses, I would think that they would want to modernize the busiest gates.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 10:29 PM

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 9:19 AM
A before E

This should take the airport into the next generation as being the best airport.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNorthwest View Post
Wow this is stunning! Does anyone happen to know if the C and D concourses will be renovated? With the new B and E concourses, I would think that they would want to modernize the busiest gates.
Not that I've heard, but to me they still seem pretty nice. They are replacing a lot of the ramps to the planes. The international D gates will be the oldest part of the terminal now, built in like 1987? It just seems to me that part needs a lot more windows, especially facing west. Feels like a cave over there, not sure why it's designed that way.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 4:48 PM

I hope they rework the international gates at some point. PDX is the only airport I've ever been to where you clear immigration and customs and then wait for a bus to exit.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Last edited by maccoinnich; May 6, 2021 at 5:56 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I hope they rework the international gates at some point. PDX is the only airport I've ever been to where you clear immigration and customs and then wait for a bus to exit.
It's THE WORST! After that 11 hour flight you get to wait forever while TSA yells at you and then you have to wait another half hour for your turn on the bus. I always enter the US through another airport if at all possible.

These rendering are gorgeous. My only concern is that the floor looks like a hard surface and I'm imagining it being pretty loud.

Last edited by maccoinnich; May 6, 2021 at 5:56 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 5:33 PM

Quote:
I hope the rework the international gates at some point. PDX is the only airport I've ever been to where you clear immigration and customs and then wait for a bus to exit.
Seriously. For everything else that PDX has going for it, this setup is such a curious anachronism. As the airport hopefully continues to draw more international flights (yay Seoul!), fingers crossed that it gets a dedicated International Terminal that's more conveniently connected to the rest of the airport.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNorthwest View Post
Since this is due to be complete in 2025, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about planning for the next project of renovating the C and D concourses before the terminal is complete.

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
New renderings of the main terminal
This terminal expansion/renovation is easily the most exciting thing happening in Portland these days.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 4:01 PM

I keep thinking, with the way things have gone over the last year, I hope our city can live up to its airport by the time this project finishes.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 4:24 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
I keep thinking, with the way things have gone over the last year, I hope our city can live up to its airport by the time this project finishes.
What do you mean by "live up to"?

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
What do you mean by "live up to"?
I'm guessing he is referring to the fact that we have an amazing airport (soon to be even more incredible) and the perception of the city's core is currently not-so-good. Parts of the city, especially certain blocks in the city's core honestly look straight "3rd world".

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 8:47 PM
Registered Ugly

My family is from Detroit and that is hilarious.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure