HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Stastny. Thats his twitter handle.

People can have their own opinions and do what they want I suppose. This for me though is no go territory. I always wonder how these things affect the larger group.
I would assume that everyone in pro hockey likes the trucker convoy unless proven otherwise. Honestly, who is going to give less of a shit about making a sacrifice to protect the health and well being of others than a bunch of extremely healthy young rich dudes?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I would assume that everyone in pro hockey likes the trucker convoy unless proven otherwise. Honestly, who is going to give less of a shit about making a sacrifice to protect the health and well being of others than a bunch of extremely healthy young rich dudes?
Agreed.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 6:39 PM

Apparently Dubois requested out of CBJ because of the pro Trumpers in the room.

But yes of course in a white male dominated field like hockey, there would be a higher instance.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Stastny. Thats his twitter handle.

People can have their own opinions and do what they want I suppose. This for me though is no go territory. I always wonder how these things affect the larger group.
Hmm ... good then that he is on his way out.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:21 PM

Apparently there are rumblings, according to Frank Seravalli, that this is the last season in Winnipeg for Mark Scheifele.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Apparently there are rumblings, according to Frank Seravalli, that this is the last season in Winnipeg for Mark Scheifele.
Kind of reminds of Hawerchuk circa 1990. It's kind of sad but it might just be that a fresh start is what's best for him, and the team could probably get a decent haul.

With Andrew Harris gone and Scheif maybe on the way out, it looks like I might have to do some jersey shopping soon

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:47 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Scheifele is our baby! First draft pick of 2.0. They can't send him packing.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:54 PM

Where did Seravalli say this, bomberjet? I looked at Seravalli's twitter and didn't see anything.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 8:56 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 9:02 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a spin.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Unless Scheifele demands out of Winnipeg, I'm not sure that will happen. He is on a very team friendly deal.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 10:35 PM

Totally.

He's also almost 30 years old now. Sell high. Team friendly deal. I could see the upside to selling now. Instead of riding it out like they're doing with Wheeler.

On that note. Could also be time for a changing of the guard. Change coaching staff completely. Demote/trade Wheeler, trade Scheifele. Move on to Jets 2.1 if you will.

Knowing Chevy, that'd be a huge shift for the team. As you said, I don't see it happening unless Fefe wants out for some reason.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 10:58 PM

I could see the upside of Shciefle moving on. His head hasn't been in the game since his infamous hit in the playoffs. One of the worst offenders for dumb giveaways. Get something good for him.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 3:53 AM

I guess Esquire can keep his Scheifele jersey for now.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I guess Esquire can keep his Scheifele jersey for now.
Hahaha, I wore it to the game last night and it felt very on-point

Much like I wish Andrew Harris could have rode off into the sunset as a Bomber I truly hope Scheifele can stay in Winnipeg for years to come and have many more games like yesterday's.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 1:43 PM

Getting Wheeler off the team, even if we have to retain his salary, would alter the team's chemistry, even moreso that who we traded Ladd away, and that worked out great. If Chevy brings in a new coach in the offseason, expect him to bring in his choice of assistant coaches, etc. Huddy would most likely be out of a job.

I guess Copp is on his way out too. We really have to strengthen our bottom six forwards. Since the departures of Armia, Tanev, Appleton, and Perreault, it just has not been the same. I really wish we could find a game changing d-man like Buff. He was irreplaceable, but perhaps a huge defenseman, who can take control of the play, is just what the Jets need.

I may be in the minority, by stating I don;t think we should trade Scheif, since I feel he can always bounce back. The 2018 playoffs Scheifele can return.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 6:51 PM

Personally I think with Perfetti likely to be with the team full time next season, it would be a good time to listen to offers for Scheifele, especially if we could get say a quality D and a pick in return.

Moving on from Schiefele and Wheeler would definitely change the tone in the dressing room and depending on the deals that happen there the team could be stronger once it is done.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 7:11 PM

yeah i hate it when Schiefele gets a hat trick and scored in almost all previous 5 games. mentally he has been going through something this season, probably leftover from the "hit" in last year playoffs. his family had death threats for christ sakes. he's awesome and i hope has a long time w Jets. KFC and Perfetti as well

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 7:24 PM

Don't misinterpret discussion on him being traded or his play as hate for him. All players are a commodity in the NHL. They will tell you that straight away. It's a business.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2022, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Don't misinterpret discussion on him being traded or his play as hate for him. All players are a commodity in the NHL. They will tell you that straight away. It's a business.
Well said. I don't detect any "hate" for Scheif. I think there is a bit of puzzlement and maybe frustration with his performance, but I think all Jets fans would love it if he found and kept his old form and remained a vital part of the team.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan