HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 1, 2010, 9:50 AM

Majesty Towers rises above the now completed Columbia Centre. The tallest building in the four-tower complex stands at 1,824 feet. Majesty Towers is the most luxurious residential real-estate project yet constructed, with views overlooking central park to the south, direct access to the Columbia business and shopping districts, and on-site travel connections via Airport Link (which is not yet constructed).

...Just for fun...

Last edited by JHoward88; Oct 1, 2010 at 9:17 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2010, 7:52 AM

Yeah, that Star Destroyer is funny does the the shape of Columbia Centre resemble a half cut Swastica ?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2010, 8:01 AM

I would really like to see some people and vehicles in the shots to really understand the massiveness of the structures. That Capitol Center looks huge!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert
Yeah, that Star Destroyer is funny does the the shape of Columbia Centre resemble a half cut Swastica ?
Yes, it is. Though I did design the three-pointed "swastika" shape with the Nazi style in mind, part of my inspiration for it also came from the "666" symbol seen in the "Omen" thriller movies.

Below is an overview that lets you get a better view. The Columbia Centre dome is almost identical in proportion to the Volkshalle model, while the three secondary domes/towers are intended to mimic the style of the U.S. Capitol Dome.

As soon as possible, I want to get the regional topography, waterways, and interstates mapped into the main model so that it doesn't look like it is sitting in the middle of nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu
I would really like to see some people and vehicles in the shots to really understand the massiveness of the structures. That Capitol Center looks huge!
I'll try to get some cars into the next set of detailed renderings. I'm still waiting on the new computer, because... while I may rule the world in Google Sketchup, my truck's radiator, water pump, and heater core aren't going to make it through the winter.

Below we have a quick teaser shot showcasing the rough shape of what will be the design for headquarters of the "Greedo Corporation". The building will be one of the major anchors of Wall Avenue, and home of the Corporate Fascist Party Stock Exchange (CFPSE).

Remember the Capitalist Party in the SRE with a HQ in Gult Tower? the CFPSE is sort of like the American equivalent of that; but unlike the Ayn Rand-esque style of philosophical individualist capitalism, CFPSE represents more of a "Gordon Gekko" style of rabidly greedy collectivist capitalism.

Another concept drawing depicts the Reich Federation of Planets, which will eventually be built. My long-term plan is to take the fiction out of the past and into an alternate timeline future which mixes some Star Trek and Star Wars in with the pre-existing medley of United States, Nazi, Communist, and other themes.

Last edited by JHoward88; Oct 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
Closed account

I really like it.nice job. Its progressing very well.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2010, 4:57 PM

I like the overal shape of the Greedo building. Looks very Art Deco

Quote:
Another concept drawing depicts the Reich Federation of Planets, which will eventually be built.
Why you dont just call it "Imperial Federation of Planets". Sounds much better to my ears.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2010, 7:23 PM

love the name of the company.... greedo, and its a greedy collectivist capitalism company!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
The Sector 5 residential zone has been officially named the Volksheim District. Three large residential towers serve as the project's centerpiece, each standing 355' tall. An outlying grid of medium-density residential buildings surround them.

The present view showcasing new residential towers and surrounding apartment buildings as seen from Volksheim Street facing North:

As a side note, computing power continues to be a growing problem. While I plan to purchase a new computer system as soon as finances prudently permit, until that happens progress is likely to be somewhat hampered.
Umm, those are essentially swastikas

Is this meant as a viable proposal if such an organization ever existed, or a fantastical invention meant for a purely imaginary society, an almost sci-fi-like parody of the concept? If it's the latter, it works quite well (can't say the same about the former though). I can tell you put a ton of work into this, so you get kudos at least for that.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2010, 6:42 AM

You should have read more pages. Its definitly the latter one. Not sure about the parody, but i think the merge of all imperialistic systems that fought each other to extinction could refered to as parody

Old Posted Oct 21, 2010, 9:50 AM
BANNED

Incredible Models, Incredible Talent, Incredible Renderings, Incredible Point of Views... All Incredible you reach done!

As all Regimes are the same, so all valid to be unique summarized in that model ...

How is called?: IMPERIUM WORLD, hope then they never go out this planet with this Yacht Force One Star Cruiser, which fits well.

YOU ARE A BRILLIANT POLITICAL ARTIST MIND. I love what you have done, got from the easy sketchup a top point of view from our political society ! Incredible. Your talent must be recognized.

Really Brutal Top. 'In God we Trust = Arbeit macht Frei' ! EXCELLENT, Loved your work here ! You should put something of Stock Exchange together as well ... the Bull & the Bear, automobile industry !

Last edited by M.K.; Apr 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 10:21 AM

Thanks again for all the responses, and for keeping this thread alive in spite of the slow progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom
Umm, those are essentially swastikas

Is this meant as a viable proposal if such an organization ever existed, or a fantastical invention meant for a purely imaginary society, an almost sci-fi-like parody of the concept? If it's the latter, it works quite well (can't say the same about the former though). I can tell you put a ton of work into this, so you get kudos at least for that.
The architectural elements of the "Volksheim" scene you quoted were directly inspired by the famous nuremburg rally photograph, hense the similarity. This project is not a proposal of any kind. It is fiction. Tolbert put it well.

It is intended to be a sort of socio-economic/political allegory kind of like Orwell's 1984. My goal here is to create something that inspires contemplation. If every idea was a building, what would a city of ideas look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolbert
Why you dont just call it "Imperial Federation of Planets". Sounds much better to my ears.
That actually isn't a bad idea at all, especially since the science fiction/space exploration element of the Empire will probably be a cross of Star Wars' Galactic Empire and Star Trek's Federation. The city at large is still far from being mature enough to start thinking about the space age though, so that prototype plan isn't going anywhere yet.

-

Here is the new 780-foot Bell Centre, HQ of Imperial Bell and Texacan Energy:

Last edited by JHoward88; Oct 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 6:53 PM
FUS RO DAH!

why the "world capital" has american flags all over it?

Old Posted Oct 23, 2010, 2:20 AM
Closed account

Awsome work you've done.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 6:27 AM

Babylon-Columbia Joint Facility 13, Department of Public Works and Corrections is taking shape in the shadow of the Wall Avenue business district directly east of Columbia Centre. Facility 13 is home to nearly 27,000 civil workers, most of which work in the city providing general public services. The Department of Public Works and Corrections is now operated via contract by the Greedo Corporation.

People who commit civil infractions or petty crimes decrease their nationally monitored Civil Compliance Number, which most registered employers screen in the pre-employment process. As a result, individuals who do not comply with the civil order of society, or who are in any manner disruptive, are prevented from entering the general workforce. The PWC houses such "at risk" individuals in safe, monitored, censored, and socially humiliating confined "facilities" such as F-13, and profits by using them for manual labor purposes.

The Soviet-Reich Empire's Imperial Commerce Corporation (ICC) unveiled the PWC labor plan initially. The motion eventually gained additional support by slight majority in the Columbian Seat, and in late 1910, the Greedo Corporation made a winning bid to construct and oversee the PWC projects. The inner city PWC Facility 13 was unveiled with fanfare in early 1911. Greedo-PWC went public on the CFPSE under the name Greedo Systems (Symbol: GSY) during the same year.

The U.S. Corporate Fascist Party, Right wing of the Columbia Seat, and two of the three Reich Tri-Party Congressional Representatives support the PWC, while the Atlas Foundation (SRE Capitalist Party) remains in strong opposition to PWC operations and alleges that they violate innate human rights. A fringe group known as the Jaliva Council is also lobbying for governmental consolidation and a stronger future focus on civil liberties.

The increasingly ineffectual United Nations and Amnesty International, though given a full honorary status globally, are not permitted to inspect any of the business practices or operations of the ICC, or of any of the subsidiary businesses or commissions of the same.

Last edited by JHoward88; Oct 26, 2010 at 6:55 AM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 7:19 AM

So, we have the first concentration camp directly in the shadow of Columbia Center.

Btw, you know that you double the "empire" in Soviet-Reich Empire?

Reich = Empire

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 6:19 AM

^ You are the second person to point out to me the redundancy of the "SRE". Therefore, the SRE is now simply the S.R., or Soviet Reich... alluding to combined Germanian and Russian thematic elements.

Since they are all squashed together with HQ's in the same city, The United States and Soviet Reich may summarily be referred to henseforth as the U.S.S.R. ...How's that for parody?

More on PWC Facility System

The PWC system as I present it aims to suggest an ethics question which is somewhat more subtle than being a mere "concentration camp" depiction. The people who work at PWC facilities arrived there by choice, in the strictest sense. Of course, they can't get a job working for respected employers, and without a doubt that is because of the way the system works in this case; but they are not deprived of their health or their lives as a result. To the contrary, these things are insured rather than harmed for enlisted citizens in the PWC Employment System; and via good behavior, accumulated PWC work credits can be used to redeem a citizen's CCN score, ultimately empowering him/her to re-enter the registered corporate workforce with new skills (and lessons in civil obedience).

Economic desparation corners them and forces them to enlist voluntarily in a system which deprives them of their basic economic dignity in order to ensure their simple survival; and yet, none of these workers are there because of race or religion. None of them were dragged away from successful lives or businesses and placed there forcibly; and each of them, if they had made better social or economic choices, could have chosen a different, more successful path.

By ensuring that the lower common social denominators are compelled to submit to manual labor and perform tasks which more intellectually useful citizens shirk from, the middle class grows. The pathways to success are easier to follow. Social order is rewarded with the promise of economic advancement in exchange for simple good behavior.

Why is Facility 13 right next to Wall Avenue's prestegious business towers and in the shadow of Columbia Centre? It is there for the same reason that real life people sleep under pieces of cardboard in the alleys behind New York's tallest buildings. Fascism, Communism, and Capitalism are all presented as being very different in popular theory; but I think that if there is any allegorical message that I am trying to communicate with this project, it is that all three paths often lead to surprisingly similar ends.

This project is an allegorical depiction of the world as I see it, checkered with great glory and great darkness (regardless of what side/system any one of us individually happens to be rooting for)... and yes, I have a whole heck of a lot of fun playing with it.

IAA - New Project Description

Headquarters of the Imperial Architectural Administration (IAA) is 720 feet tall, and hosts the world's most renowned architects and structural engineers.

Joint Columbia-Babylon commissioned the IAA after concluding that the sheer scale of ongoing urban design initiatives could not be fully realized without broader State controls and oversight in the field of architectural sciences.

The Atlas Foundation stated a formal objection to the initial motion to create the IAA, stating that "The Nationalizion of private sector architectural firms would create a federal monopoly on an important part of the private sector, potentially undermining intellectual property and placing the broader economy at risk."

The motion passed 4-2 in the Tri-Party Congress. It was defeated 2-1 in the Columbian Seat. The Independent Corporate Fascist Party endorsed the ruling, bringing total representative votes to 6 Yeas and 4 Nays. The ruling passed, and the IAA was created.

An elevated rail line also makes its debut here. Tentative location for this new complex is on the south side of the city.:

Last edited by JHoward88; Oct 27, 2010 at 7:01 AM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
^

Since they are all squashed together with HQ's in the same city, The United States and Soviet Reich may summarily be referred to henseforth as the U.S.S.R. ...How's that for parody?
Yeah, thats a great idea I love it

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 3:48 AM

IAA and Civil Engineering Administrative Sector is marked orange. Mixed low-density Residential/Commericial is marked teal. Low-density residential (suburban-style neighborhood) is marked light green. This development is positioned on the north side of Wall Avenue and will likely expand eventually beyond the footprint below.

I have code-named the project "Los Diablos", which may or may not stick as the official name for the finished region. The name is a slightly dark jab inspired by Los Angeles' famous suburban sprawl.

I think that as the legislative structure of this project has grown, it might have gotten a bit confusing for viewers, so I made a excel chart showing the general structure of the new unified legislature. The U.S. has four representative votes, and the S.R. has six. The ICC is a neutral voting member, possessing one vote. A legislative action requires a minimum of six (of the 11) votes to pass.

A legislative action which is passed successfully by the USSR Joint Legislative Seat (as described above) must also gain the support of at least 6 of 11 of the votes which are controled by the Corporate Council of Industrialists. The CCI is appointed by a collage of all major corporate entities. This system ensures that no measure is passed without the unified majority (55%) support of both the public and private sectors.

Last edited by JHoward88; Nov 4, 2010 at 4:17 AM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 11:08 PM
Closed account

I'm seeing more and more inspiration from something.

Anyways, good work.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 12:46 AM

hmmmm.. I'm guessing the government is corrupt and that what ever the corporate council of industrialists votes for almost always wins?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup