HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 2:54 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 8:41 PM.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 3:30 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 8:42 PM.

Old Posted May 18, 2020, 6:04 PM

Does anyone know where we can find a history of Saskatoon land sales? Specifically, I'm wondering if the city has sold the parcels near the former Farmer's Market and to whom it was sold to. I know the city has been looking to sell that prime land for a few years now. Thanks!

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 3:50 PM

Another big difference maker in the look/impact of our downtown skylines is that Saskatoon's is in a river valley and Regina's is on the flatest of flat prairie...can see it for kilometres outside of the city.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Does anyone know where we can find a history of Saskatoon land sales? Specifically, I'm wondering if the city has sold the parcels near the former Farmer's Market and to whom it was sold to. I know the city has been looking to sell that prime land for a few years now. Thanks!
All land sales would be registered with ISC, all the basic details are available to the public but you have have an online account and most services have some fees to access.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 2:31 PM

The City of Saskatoon will continue exploring a possible partnership with Saskatoon Public Schools and other organizations regarding a new recreation facility.

Earlier this year, plans were announced to consolidate three older schools in core neighbourhoods, Pleasant Hill, King George and Princess Alexandra, into one school to be built on the current site of the Princess Alexandra school.

The City of Saskatoon, which is part of the White Buffalo Youth Lodge Partnership, wants to explore partnering with the school division to look at integrating a new joint-use recreation facility into the school project for the renewal of White Buffalo Youth Lodge.

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/planned...port-1.4946020

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
All land sales would be registered with ISC, all the basic details are available to the public but you have have an online account and most services have some fees to access.
I'm having troubles using their website. Would be great if someone else see if the city has sold that land and to whom.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
I'm having troubles using their website. Would be great if someone else see if the city has sold that land and to whom.
According to the ISC site, the property West of the Idywyld bridge is owned by the City as well as the Pumphouse site and the parking lot across from the Farmers Market. This doesn't mean that they aren't in negotiations.. anyone want to pool our funds for the old A.L. Cole Pumphouse?

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
According to the ISC site, the property West of the Idywyld bridge is owned by the City as well as the Pumphouse site and the parking lot across from the Farmers Market. This doesn't mean that they aren't in negotiations.. anyone want to pool our funds for the old A.L. Cole Pumphouse?
Thank you for looking into this. I am disappointed to learn the city hasn't sold this property yet. I expect this to be a relatively major project for the city that should have a significant impact on our skyline. I'd like to see someone from out of town with deeper pockets pick this up, or at least a local developer team-up with outside money such as Triovest next door. So we wait.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 7:38 PM

Just as long as Baydo doesn't get their hands on the land to build one of their gems I think most any developer will take advantage of the prime river front property to develop into something half decent at least.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 4:31 AM

I could be wrong but my understanding was that land was being held back off the market and will only be sold one chunk at a time to maintain value. I also believe it is subject to a number of controls, like the rest of river landing.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownRob View Post
I could be wrong but my understanding was that land was being held back off the market and will only be sold one chunk at a time to maintain value. I also believe it is subject to a number of controls, like the rest of river landing.
I’m pretty sure you’re right, and i personally would rather see a tower of some sort compliment the arena/convention center expansion before that same developer gets a hold of this property. 😬

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 7:07 PM

btw - isn’t this a perfect time to start the arena/convention center? this would be a great economic stimulus to boost the economy right now, and would be up and ready right after the second covid-19 wave settles

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 8:43 PM

Those renderings were the biggest tease the City of Saskatoon has ever experienced. When those came out a few years ago I spent days looking and drooling over them. Obviously Midtown decided to go with it's much more modest renovation/addition that we've seen since.

I don't care whether it's the city to develop arena/convention center, or another developer for an unrelated project, that Toys R Us property MUST be dealt with. It's just simply too valuable and has far too much potential to be used as it currently is.

Old Posted May 24, 2020, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceyourself View Post
Speaking of ugly ass buildings, does anyone know what's being built off Attridge in front of the church there? Looks like a Soviet bunker or something with these tiny windows.
Horizon Bible college is moving from 7th Street over to attridge. The tiny Windows are in classrooms and offices. The inside looks pretty cool with huge vaults. I did the structural steel, walls roof and windows.

Word on the site is that after Horizon moves to the new building remai will get possession of the 7th Street location and build a new condo

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 5:41 PM

We were supposed to hear about the arean/convention center potential locations in Q1, do you guys think the OCP Official Community Plan will announce that tonight - it's supposed to have an Entertainment District plan in it? I'm super confused about what that plan is for.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 5:10 PM

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 5:11 PM

Oops, wrong thread... whatever.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 6:41 PM

That is an awesome picture. I look forward to the same view when the Nutrien Tower is complete. Beautiful.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 8:25 PM

Beautiful...I was just commenting the other day how calm the river was...maybe same day you took this amazing photo!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan