HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 3:29 PM

Who ever it is that is spending that money has more money then sense. They will never see a return on that investment. When will they use it? And when they do decide to sell it they will probably need to tear it back down to it's original three units to find buyers. But like Caltrane said " If you're that rich it probably doesn't matter? Right?".

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 7:31 PM

New holder of the crown. I wonder if the market for these i shrinking with the banishment of Russian oligarchs:

Vancouver penthouse becomes Canada's most expensive condo listing
Kendra Mangione
Published March 3, 2022 9:19 a.m. PST

A Vancouver penthouse with soaring ceilings and a price tag to match is now the most expensive condo listing in Canada.

Listed at $49 million, the oceanfront penthouse is located in Coal Harbour, and billed by realtors as the "best of the best."

Those behind the listing for the condo in a building called Three Harbour Green say it comes with custom millwork and comprises the top three floors of the tower it's in.

It's a whopping 13,000 square feet, and is the largest condo in Western Canada, realtors say, and believed to be the largest luxury oceanfront penthouse in the country...

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-pent...ting-1.5804163

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 7:54 PM
I am the law!

The feds and other levels have done everything to ignore dirty money in Canadian real estate. Doubtful any Canadian sanctions on Russian oligarths will do anything to harm their real estate holdings and hurt our economy.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 7:57 PM
Volatile Pacivist

How the heck can you people compare buying some desolate island in the middle of nowhere with prime downtown real estate in desirable global metropoles? I can see myself paying big bucks for my main residence in a highly sought after city, but for some vacation home? I suppose if it there was easy access to a metro area.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
New holder of the crown. I wonder if the market for these i shrinking with the banishment of Russian oligarchs:

Vancouver penthouse becomes Canada's most expensive condo listing
Kendra Mangione
Published March 3, 2022 9:19 a.m. PST

A Vancouver penthouse with soaring ceilings and a price tag to match is now the most expensive condo listing in Canada.

Listed at $49 million, the oceanfront penthouse is located in Coal Harbour, and billed by realtors as the "best of the best."

Those behind the listing for the condo in a building called Three Harbour Green say it comes with custom millwork and comprises the top three floors of the tower it's in.

It's a whopping 13,000 square feet, and is the largest condo in Western Canada, realtors say, and believed to be the largest luxury oceanfront penthouse in the country...

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-pent...ting-1.5804163
I’ve owned a condo and been on a condo board. I just find that kind of money can find safer and better real estate investment. Good luck on selling for asking price…

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 9:21 PM

You guys are under the false illusion that the person buying this condo will actually live in it. People with such wealth have houses all over the planet in places a lot more exciting and with a far better climate than Vancouver.

They may spend a few weeks a year there but outside that they are just sitting on it waiting to be flipped.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
You guys are under the false illusion that the person buying this condo will actually live in it. People with such wealth have houses all over the planet in places a lot more exciting and with a far better climate than Vancouver.

They may spend a few weeks a year there but outside that they are just sitting on it waiting to be flipped.

For sure. This wouldn’t be a primary residence. I’m saying you can find a better real estate investment for that kind of money.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 3:05 PM
I am the law!

Some people just collect homes.

Most things the super wealthy collect end up making them wealthier regardless if that was their intention or not. There's only one turn key 49 million dollar condo in Vancouver.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
How the heck can you people compare buying some desolate island in the middle of nowhere with prime downtown real estate in desirable global metropoles? I can see myself paying big bucks for my main residence in a highly sought after city, but for some vacation home? I suppose if it there was easy access to a metro area.
I would pay tens of millions to guarantee myself separation from a city. If I had that type of money, hands down I'm Larry Page on a private island away from everyone and everything.

Different folks, different strokes.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samne View Post
I’ve owned a condo and been on a condo board. I just find that kind of money can find safer and better real estate investment. Good luck on selling for asking price…
Yes, with that much money you could buy a waterfront house in Vancouver and pay a fulltime caretaker for decades. I'm not sure why anyone would want to deal with the burdens of strata living if you had that much money.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 9:21 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
I would pay tens of millions to guarantee myself separation from a city. If I had that type of money, hands down I'm Larry Page on a private island away from everyone and everything.

https://www.privateislandsonline.com...ro-levu-island

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Shockingly affordable. 8 acres, not bad, enough land to get a homestead going no doubt.

Probably get wiped out by a hurricane, but other than that, sign me up.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 12:35 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post

Well sure, eccentric outliers exist. But they don't really drive real estate prices. Or any prices for that matter.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada