HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 1:20 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Which is a welcome change, but still I find scanning a card each time more cumbersome than just peeling a sticker off the cup later.
I don't find it that much of a hassle honestly. It's nice to get a free tea once a week or so.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
As Tim Hortons vows changes to Roll Up the Rim, contest's inventor has some thoughts

'Before they start complaining about the contest losing punch they should realize they’ve taken a lot of the punch out themselves,' says Ron Buist

Jake Edmiston
April 29, 2019

https://business.financialpost.com/n...to-boost-sales
Their CEO also blamed poor sales on, get this, Canada's cold weather. It couldn't be their lackluster food, their lackluster coffee, their lackluster service, or relying on an increasingly outdated Canadian patina over their Brazilian ownership, no.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
Their CEO also blamed poor sales on, get this, Canada's cold weather. It couldn't be their lackluster food, their lackluster coffee, their lackluster service, or relying on an increasingly outdated Canadian patina over their Brazilian ownership, no.
Cold weather? This winter was perhaps a couple degrees below normal in parts of the country with the odd cold snap, but it was not that cold by any means. And as far as I know people still go out and do their business when it's cold, and if there is one thing people want when it's cold out is a coffee or a tea.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Which is a welcome change, but still I find scanning a card each time more cumbersome than just peeling a sticker off the cup later.
I prefer the Tim's card personally, I find with McDonald's I never have the card with me and I have a sticker I can't do anything with except start another card. At one point I had four partially-completed cards.

Last edited by manny_santos; May 2, 2019 at 7:51 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Cold weather? This winter was perhaps a couple degrees below normal in parts of the country with the odd cold snap, but it was not that cold by any means. And as far as I know people still go out and do their business when it's cold, and if there is one thing people want when it's cold out is a coffee or a tea.
It's a piss-poor excuse. Except in disastrous circumstances (e.g. hurricanes), blaming the weather is corporate-speak for "we don't have an answer".

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 10:21 PM

I don't drink at Tim Hortons, just Starbucks for the Chai, I don't like coffee. But their ap is great, it tracks your rewards for you, you don't need a card. And mobile pickup is the best way to go during the day.

McDonalds has a similiar ap too that does the same I believe, Does Tims have an ap instead of a card? cards seem so cumbersome now.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I don't drink at Tim Hortons, just Starbucks for the Chai, I don't like coffee. But their ap is great, it tracks your rewards for you, you don't need a card. And mobile pickup is the best way to go during the day.

McDonalds has a similiar ap too that does the same I believe, Does Tims have an ap instead of a card? cards seem so cumbersome now.
McDonald's has an app, however I've heard recently about some serious security issues. Think CBC had a story on it earlier this week.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:37 AM

I've started using the app to pre-order and it's actually been pretty awesome. There is a Tim's in the lobby of my building, so I can literally order as I leave my desk, walk to the lobby and just grab my coffee from the counter, bypassing the line (which can be rather unpredictable in length). Plus you get a freebie once a week or so.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
McDonald's has an app, however I've heard recently about some serious security issues. Think CBC had a story on it earlier this week.
Just don't enter your credit card information into it and you'll be fine.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 5:51 PM

There’s four of us at work and take turns buying coffee. At McDonalds: four cups = four peel & stick credits. At Tim’s it's only one credit per transaction and you can’t pay per cup individually as only one transaction per half hour counts!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 3:44 AM

A Tim Hortons challange:

Let's find the top 5 largest municipalities in Canada that DON'T have a Tim Hortons.

Try to use population data from the 2016 census for only the municipality itself.

I'll start with a place I drove through on the weekend:

Malartic, QC Population: 3377

Malartic used to have a Tim Hortons until about 9 or 10 years ago. One of the few places that actually lost its Tims. And the town's gold mine boomed after it closed and now there is a fairly new McDonald's but no Tims.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
A Tim Hortons challange:

Let's find the top 5 largest municipalities in Canada that DON'T have a Tim Hortons.

Try to use population data from the 2016 census for only the municipality itself.

I'll start with a place I drove through on the weekend:

Malartic, QC Population: 3377

Malartic used to have a Tim Hortons until about 9 or 10 years ago. One of the few places that actually lost its Tims. And the town's gold mine boomed after it closed and now there is a fairly new McDonald's but no Tims.
Interesting question!

For Manitoba, if you want to get all technical then the border town of Flin Flon (4,982) is the largest municipality without one but the immediately adjacent community of Creighton, SK has a kiosk in its Petro-Canada station.

Altona, MB (4,212) doesn't have one at all, which is interesting because a number of towns smaller than that have them.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 1:40 PM

Guessing in BC it is Nelson (as far as I can see) at 10,664.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 3:27 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Interesting question!

For Manitoba, if you want to get all technical then the border town of Flin Flon (4,982) is the largest municipality without one but the immediately adjacent community of Creighton, SK has a kiosk in its Petro-Canada station.

Altona, MB (4,212) doesn't have one at all, which is interesting because a number of towns smaller than that have them.
Largest in Saskatchewan without a Tim Hortons is Unity - 2,573
and then Assiniboia - 2,424. I suppose White City with 3,099 is actually the largest, but Emerald Park has one and they are right beside each other so I ignored that one.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Guessing in BC it is Nelson (as far as I can see) at 10,664.
Wow that is insane!!

I was thinking that BC would have a few places over 5000 but over 10 grand is just wow. It has A&W, Dairy Queen, Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway with a Starbucks but no Tims.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 10:45 PM
I am a typical

Greenstone had 4,636 people in the 2016 census and doesn't have a Tim Hortons.

Pikangikum First Nation (pop 2,334) has a Tim Hortons. Pikangikum is not accessible by land.

Attawapiskat doesn't have Tim Hortons, but it does have KFC.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

There are a few communities in Southern Ontario that don’t have Tim Hortons. Here’s a sample from the Southwest.

- Wheatley
- Rodney
- West Lorne
- Mooretown
- Arkona
- Thedford
- Centralia
- Arva
- Thamesford
- Springfield
- Straffordville

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
There are a few communities in Southern Ontario that don’t have Tim Hortons. Here’s a sample from the Southwest.

- Wheatley
- Rodney
- West Lorne
- Mooretown
- Arkona
- Thedford
- Centralia
- Arva
- Thamesford
- Springfield
- Straffordville
Sooooo they don't have garbage coffee , No doubt these are better.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Wow that is insane!!

I was thinking that BC would have a few places over 5000 but over 10 grand is just wow. It has A&W, Dairy Queen, Shoppers Drug Mart, Safeway with a Starbucks but no Tims.
I'm with Blackstar on this one. Tim Horton's has shitty coffee, shittier donuts (but not as bad as Krispy Kreame) and the shittiest breakfast sandwiches on the planet.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:19 PM
Mooderator

IIRC, Brandon MB (pop ~50K) never had a Tim Horton's until a few years ago... possibly the early 2000's.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada