HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norristown Revival View Post
Drove past a new development in Norristown at the corner of Arch Street and Johnson Highway. Would like to post a few pictures but I'm new to this site. Can anyone give me a hand with posting pics?
You can upload them to imgur, then come back to this site and drop them here by clicking the "insert image" button when you're making a post. All you have to do is drop the URL of your image in the little box that pops up.

Here's a link to upload a photo to imgur: https://imgur.com/upload?beta

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:31 PM

$20M Main Line condo project underway

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-in-wayne.html

Quote:
Janiczek Homes is developing a $20 million condominium project along Lancaster Avenue in Wayne, betting that there's pent-up demand for the units in a market that has been inundated with apartments.

The last time there was a condominium boom along the Main Line was in early 2007 when at least eight condo projects were in various stages of planning or development. Condo projects in the Philadelphia suburban community flourished until the recession hit and the market cooled. Since then, many developers have pursued apartment projects instead to capture a portion of the Main Line that wanted to rent.

So far, developers have been successful tapping that market but Janiczek Homes will test the appetite for condos along the Main Line. The success of the project, called Wayne 427 after its address at 427 Lancaster Ave., could serve as a signal to other developers to step back from building for-rent apartments and go condo instead.

The two-building complex will have 22 condos priced between $868,000 for the smallest unit at 1,820 square feet to upwards of $1.65 million for a 3,500-square-foot penthouse of which there are two. The two structures at 427 Wayne will be connected by an interior green space.

“We hope that it will be a huge success,” said Mark Janiczek. “This is a little different from what we are used to doing.”

For the last 30 years, Janiczek has focused on high-end, single-family development. “The evolution of my business has led to this project,” he said. “So many builders have evolved from single-family to multifamily.”

Another developer had plans for a condo project at 427 Lancaster. In 2016, Brehman Builders & Design of Newtown Square initiated the approval process to build a similar project on the site, which had a building that long housed Radnor Family Practice. Brehman decided to flip the site. Janiczek and his business partner, Phil Russo, bought the site in August 2017.

Condo supply has been limited along the Main Line in recent years but for the development of 100 St. Georges in Ardmore, which got underway in 2016 when the economy had long recovered.

Condos at that Ardmore project sold for more than $500 a square foot and shows there is demand for high-end units in the market, said Robin Gordon, a real estate agent with Berkshire Hathwaway Homeservices. Janiczek has retained Gordon to market Wayne 427.

Janiczek believes the lack of supply and the design of Wayne 427 will attract buyers. Main Liners who are downsizing and young professionals who don’t want the maintenance of a big house are his target market.

JTA Associates created an industrial modern design for Wayne 427 that borrows traditional brick and steel — elements that pay homage to the Main Line — with glass and metal, which are more contemporary.

So far, two have sold. One went to a former Main Line couple who had purchased a condo at Symphony House on South Broad Street in Center City and decided to move back to be closer their children.

The first condos are expected to be completed next spring.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Drove past a new development in Norristown at the corner of Arch Street and Johnson Highway. Would like to post a few pictures but I'm new to this site. Can anyone give me a hand with posting pics?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 8:28 PM

The following pictures are from the "Luxor Apartments" in Norristown on Sandy Hill. This development finished up a year ago but I just learned how to post pictures so enjoy!

Last edited by Norristown Revival; Aug 26, 2019 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Made a mistake

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The following pictures are from the "Luxor Apartments" in Norristown on Sandy Hill. This development finished up a year ago but I just learned how to post pictures so enjoy!
Ex-gf lives at the Luxor. It's a nice little hotel like apartment complex. Some good amenities. The apartments are a bit small for the expensive price, and Norrisstown still has a way to go with it's revival....

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
While the foot-dragging of service upgrades on SEPTA's Wilmington line have taken years off my life, upgrades like the one linked below, however incremental, will help the residential project in Wilmington's LoMa (and others Nomad9 shared) to do well and lead to more conversions / new construction:

New SEPTA Saturday night train to Wilmington starts August 5
https://technical.ly/delaware/2019/0...regional-rail/
Seems like a win-win for Wilmington and Philadelphia. I’m not sure why they don’t add later trains Friday and Saturday, especially from Newark, all those liquor hungry UD party animals, I bet they’d love to take a train into center city for some bars on the weekends (or week nights for that matter) The last New Jersey transit train leaving NY Penn station leaves at 1am on the weekends, perhaps Philly and De should give it a try?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 10:31 PM

Fairmount Market - Another new Atlantic City Project

View & read more here:
https://www.kitchenandassociates.com...rmount-market/

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:16 PM

Holding out hope for AC. This is a nice addition.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 12:19 PM

Not sure this has been posted: http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/mai...2474a7b46.html Kimco's 5 story mixed use building on Coulter in Suburban Square should be a go. Approved by voice vote and should have moved through the August consent calendar for the August board meeting by now. My office is actually in the brick building pictured in the photo. Lease ends on June 30, 2020, but Kimco told me a 6 month extension is likely possible. So we are probably looking at demo starting in winter of 2021.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 4:33 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottydont View Post
Ex-gf lives at the Luxor. It's a nice little hotel like apartment complex. Some good amenities. The apartments are a bit small for the expensive price, and Norrisstown still has a way to go with it's revival....
It's also very noisy within the apartments and they are having bug problems from what I have heard. However, it does seem like a fun place to live and when I walk by there is usually a pool party going on and the bathing suits are nice. And you can see the taller buildings in Center City from that hill/the upper floors.

Norristown Revival, judging by the pics you posted you're a little off on your location and that is Fairfield Rd and Sandy Hill Rd, the Plymouthtowne Apartments. These aren't in Norristown and are in Plymouth Meeting. Close enough and definitely a nice addition to the area (although traffic is going to suck even worse, that intersection is not built for all of the cars we see now) and I wanted to clarify for those not familiar with the area.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 3:01 PM

8/15/2019 photos of Crickett/Crickett Terrace mixed use development (Ardmore) and photos from today of the retail/office building going up on Coulter in Suburban Square, Ardmore.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:10 PM

Wilmington's Rodney Square to undergo $8M facelift

Quote:
The $4 million project's phase one broke ground Monday, September 9, 2019, made possible through a combination of city, state, and private donations. The upgrades will include new benches and picnic tables, better lighting, an irrigation system, new masonry and paving, as well as new trees and greenery.
Read more - https://www.wdel.com/news/video-wilm...1346e0429.html

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 2:05 AM

Some new development proposed in Phoenixville. They have active projects listed here: https://www.phoenixville.org/2518/Projects

Hankin Group proposing 50 senior housing units at 115 Buchanan St.

Site: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1301...2!8i6656?hl=en

Westrum is proposing 204 units on Wheatland St.

Site:

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Sep 12, 2019 at 3:20 PM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 4:22 PM

This article came out last week on a proposed development in Berwyn.

Quote:
David Della Porta, of Villanova-based Cornerstone Tracy, and Todd Pohlig, of Malvern-based Pohlig Custom Homes, have talked with Easttown Township officials about preliminary plans for the site and have presented ideas for a 120-unit complex to the town’s zoning hearing board in hopes it will sign off on a slightly larger project than the code allows.

“This site, I’ll call it the gateway to the village,” Della Porta said. “We have a chance to really add something that could transform the village.”

Their gateway plan: a four-story, 150,000-square-foot mixed-use development with Handel’s and one or two small retailers on the ground floor, luxury apartments above, and a public plaza in the center. The complex also would have a two-story, 228-spot parking garage. Della Porta declined to comment on how much they intend to spend on the project.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsy...-20190902.html

Site: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0482...2!8i6656?hl=en

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 1:55 PM

Wilmington - 2000 Penn Ave

This project has been going on for 5 years I swear (slight exaggeration), but it's getting there.

http://www.ggabuilds.com/projects/20...lvania-avenue/

http://www.bernardon.com/project/200...lvania-avenue/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 5:27 PM

Updated this chart. Philly continues to do relatively well compared to its peers.

Within the metro, job growth continues to be strongest in the city, which accounts for 41% of jobs added in the last year.

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Sep 24, 2019 at 7:05 PM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Updated this chart. Philly continues to do relatively well compared to its peers.

Within the metro, job growth continues to be strongest in the city, which accounts for 41% of jobs added in the last year.

Poor Camden

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 6:53 PM

^thats camden county, which includes Cherry Hill, etc.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
^thats camden county, which includes Cherry Hill, etc.
I'd also say that 0.5% growth isn't that bad for Camden County all things considered.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 12:38 PM

Wilmington: Incyte Pharma expansion is official, building #3

"One of Delaware's most innovative businesses is continuing to grow.

Incyte, a Wilmington pharmaceutical company, is preparing to expand its Augustine Cut-Off headquarters. Two years ago, the company opened a 154,000 square-foot office building next to the former John Wanamaker building, which has served as the company's home since 2014 and it's full.

The latest expansion, consisting of a six-story lab and office building, and a two-story parking deck, is supposed to bring all of Incyte's employees to one campus. Some of Incyte's roughly 700 employees work in leased spaces in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania and Wilmington.

Since 2014, the company has consistently outgrown its buildings, said Paula Swain, Incyte's head of human resources of facilities."

See more here:
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...rs/2364934001/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations