HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:42 AM

Some of those lots feature some of the best/most interesting restaurants and bars in the city (Gracie's, Takashi, Whiskey Street, Pie Hole, Melting Pot, etc)

There are still plenty of surface parking lots left to develop. In addition to the full-block surface parking lots between North/South Temple and 200/300 West, and 400/500 South and Main Street/W Temple, I've also always thought the parking lot on the corner of 400 South and State was in desperate need of something.

At least things do seem to be moving forward, if somewhat slowly. I think the 2020s are going to be a great decade for Salt Lake City.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:37 PM
SLC Lifer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
I used to think that, but after looking around awhile, I now think there are still plenty of potential sites left in the Central Business District for new towers, though some that are easier to develop then others.

There are still a few more, but I felt that these are most of the major sites that are still available for development. I personally think the city should be working hard with the owners of these sites to encourage as much high density development as possible, though I understand that can be difficult.
Other than wiping out the entire food and beverage base of downtown, thanks for putting this together. I understand it's more of an inventory than anything else... Truly epic post!

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:58 PM
Ironweed

[QUOTE=Blah_Amazing;8687518]I used to think that, but after looking around awhile, I now think there are still plenty of potential sites left in the Central Business District for new towers, though some that are easier to develop then others.

Good observations. I think there are some additional sights as well. For example; The small one story buildings right across the street from the lot #10 you outlined.

C'mon 600+ footer!! I want to get the money to Comrade!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West