HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrooks View Post
Worst decision I have ever made.

Purchasing a unit in this building has truly been the worst decision I have ever made. From finding less than 8 foot ceilings, to the fact that multiple deficiencies and damage to my unit have still not been fixed over 2 months from my walk through to the multiple inaccuracies and misrepresentations i have been told by Richard Lobsinger and the development team it has truly been awful.

Anyone ever considering purchasing a unit in this building or any future development from this developer/builder please feel free to PM me where I can give and show you further details regarding my experience.
The one positive I can say I've experienced through all this is that all the misrepresentations, cluelessness, lack of consideration, and general ineptitude made my expectations so low that I ended up being so impressed at the actual execution of the unit itself that the circus that preceded faded away. I too am enduring the same frustrations with deficiencies, and the deception around ceiling height is absolutely inexcusable, but at the end of the day, I'm impressed that I can live in the building without wanting to shoot myself on a daily basis. That is what success now means to me.

Bottom line: I would never, ever, ever want to deal with these guys on a pre-sale again, but my mind would be open to purchasing one of their properties through a post-close sale where I can actually see what I'm getting and not have to rely on conjecture.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 1:08 AM

I couldn't agree more with lcrooks and Livid on the Park. Based on my experience I would never purchase a pre-sale unit from Lake Placid, Newland construction or anyone with the last name Lobsinger.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 7:44 PM

I'm working on an article regarding my experience for the AMA that will be part of a publication sent to every physician in the province. I've met a number of others who are also quite upset in the building.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 9:16 PM

Park Owner

I have been living in Park for over a month and am very happy with my decision to buy at Park. My deficiencies have now been fixed, now if I could only find someone who will rent me a another parking stall. Merry Xmas everyone.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive