HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 8:07 PM
Editor

Inglewood crowned Canada’s greatest neighbourhood

Hopefully this hasn't already been talked about. I haven't seen anything in the Calgary section. Good news for Calgary and for Inglewood.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...873/story.html

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 8:16 PM

Inglewood is great, and will only get better as the redevelopment of East Village continues. Right now, only downside I can see is lack of a major grocer.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 8:53 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Cgy View Post
Inglewood is great, and will only get better as the redevelopment of East Village continues. Right now, only downside I can see is lack of a major grocer.
That and the disconnect to downtown. I like Kensington and Mission for the way the pedestrian realm ties into downtown. Bridgleland is just about to be the same once EV is built out more.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
That and the disconnect to downtown. I like Kensington and Mission for the way the pedestrian realm ties into downtown. Bridgleland is just about to be the same once EV is built out more.
Completely agree!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Inglewood has the nicest set of historic buildings after Stephen Ave, but too many gaps at the moment. If they add some more modern architecture to the mix as well as an lrt stop, I would say this neighbourhood has potential to be one of Calgary's best.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 6:51 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post
Inglewood has the nicest set of historic buildings after Stephen Ave, but too many gaps at the moment. If they add some more modern architecture to the mix as well as an lrt stop, I would say this neighbourhood has potential to be one of Calgary's best.
That's another thing that Kensington really has going for it, is the LRT stop that is easily accessible by walking. Inglewood does have some other intangibles though, like the old buildings that you mentioned, and a good diversity of housing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues