HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Saskatoon4321....are you on their sales team??!!

You make a lot of good points and a persuasive opinion! I certainly hope your optimistic outlook comes true. I think most of us would like to see this proceed.

Welcome!!
Nope...but I want to buy one. For what? I am not sure. I'm thinking a chair, a (fake) plant, a wine fridge and a no-spouses-kids-pets-mess rule? I'm not sure what the financial folk would say about that investment, but I think it's basically genius, and would be stupid not to do.

But honestly, I just want us to keep our enthusiasm up, for whatever that's worth, in hopes that the project IS a go at some point.

I love the Broadway area, lived there for awhile, worked there years later, and see it struggling a bit between the pandemic, high leases, corporate landlords, etc. The high density development around the area happening now (and hopefully continuing with Highpoint) could completely change the economic viability of opening a new business there, adding some awesome new services for those who live in the area, that kind of thing.

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 11:36 PM

Highpoint's website has been taken down. This development won't happen. Why would Urban Capital spend the time and resources on this project when the market in Toronto is as hot as it is? They will make more allocating their capital elsewhere, unfortunately.

Does anyone know anything to the contrary?

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 1:05 AM

well this is really disappointing. So Highpoint is likely dead, ... and Saskatoon is left with the trash baydo keeps producing. what a shame. I was so hopeful Highpoint would happen... that building looked classy. ugggghh

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
well this is really disappointing. So Highpoint is likely dead, ... and Saskatoon is left with the trash baydo keeps producing. what a shame. I was so hopeful Highpoint would happen... that building looked classy. ugggghh
I refuse to give up hope until they haul the showroom away and restore one of Saskatoon's most prominent lots to coveted gravel parking as befitting this city.

Maybe they are rebranding? Maybe Victory Majors is seeking a different partner?

I admit it does not look good and the silence is deafening...

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 8:14 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:22 PM.

Old Posted May 5, 2021, 10:02 PM

Shall I change the tread title to 'cancelled' ?

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:44 AM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:23 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan