HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Waterview Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 12, 2009, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
How do you know???
Look at the circumstances: complete finance / real estate bust, 1/4 built structure; then broke developer comes up with a completely new, more complex, more expensive concept that would entail destroying, at great expense, what was already there and at least worth something. Doesn't make ANY sense. That's how I know.

The better question would be to ask the person who posted those schematic studies how s/he knows they are new and not several years old, as is very very very likely the case.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
Look at the circumstances: complete finance / real estate bust, 1/4 built structure; then broke developer comes up with a completely new, more complex, more expensive concept that would entail destroying, at great expense, what was already there and at least worth something. Doesn't make ANY sense. That's how I know.

The better question would be to ask the person who posted those schematic studies how s/he knows they are new and not several years old, as is very very very likely the case.

No you're just speculating!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 12:22 AM
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PRUROCKS! View Post
I don't know if Teng is trying to go in different direction with Waterview or what? This scheme looks pretty conceptual so I don't know how realistic it is. From Big, Bold, and Visionary:

That's incredible!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 1:03 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
The Big, Bold, Visionary exhibit contains many concepts and proposals that are as much as 6 or 7 years old. They weren't all specifically prepared for the exhibit.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
No you're just speculating!
Dream if you want to . . .

Old Posted Sep 14, 2009, 5:51 PM

Quote:

Very Logical. The only facet of one of the studies that I find interesting is that it includes a completed trump tower. Still, I think I would agree with you. This just doesn't seem very tangible....it almost looks like a student's Architecture project.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan81 View Post
Very Logical. The only facet of one of the studies that I find interesting is that it includes a completed trump tower. Still, I think I would agree with you. This just doesn't seem very tangible....it almost looks like a student's Architecture project.
If you look at Trump from that river view Eastward it's top and spire are Northward and not as shown in the render which leads me to believe these are old studies by Hoepf as well and nothing new.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 7:35 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-arch View Post
If you look at Trump from that river view Eastward it's top and spire are Northward and not as shown in the render which leads me to believe these are old studies by Hoepf as well and nothing new.
There's also no 300 N Lasalle visible.

I like the curly proposal, and I don't think it would be impossible to skin the existing frame in a similar manner, although the city would have to bless some overhang to accomodate the curves with the present structure. It would be an expensive skin, though, especially since it was reported the original skin was already at least partly manufactured and delivered to somewhere in the suburbs.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 1:26 PM

New Scenario

Hey out of curiosity here, does anyone who posts here regularly and know a lot more than i do, think that if Chicago is announced the winning city in a couple of weeks, that Waterview Tower might be resurrected and have a chance of being completed as intended??

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy37 View Post
Hey out of curiosity here, does anyone who posts here regularly and know a lot more than i do, think that if Chicago is announced the winning city in a couple of weeks, that Waterview Tower might be resurrected and have a chance of being completed as intended??
I don't think it will have any impact whatsoever. . .

. . .

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 6:12 PM
Chicago Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy37 View Post
the thinking is it might spur some speculative fever and a developer might come in and take a good look at it, but who knows.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 9:29 PM

Cladding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Tommy View Post
Someone said the cladding was in a warehouse near O'hare airport(Bensenville). I think this one will get built almost as is due to the cladding being mostly done. Im sure the cladding will be sold at a bargain to the new devoloper. The Asain company that made it does not want to pay storage fees forever.This was posted a long time ago many pages back.
Does anyone know what the name of the company was that did the cladding? The Waterview Tower framework is my thesis site for my M. Arch, so I'm trying to do some investigate what there is to work with.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 11:04 PM

Yuanda from China

Best of luck to you and completing your thesis

Last edited by chi-arch; Sep 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 2:04 AM

Sept 28

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 3:49 AM
Content provider

^short

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 2:54 AM
dream fast

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 2:58 AM

^^^ Beautiful pic.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:03 AM

sigh
it probably would of been topped out by now...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 6:55 AM

WOW GEORGE!! looks like a screen capture out of the new Batman movies! great shot.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 6:59 AM

Also, this makes me realize how underutilized Wolf Point really is. A parking lot on that location!?!?! That has almost Trumpt Tower like potential, at least in terms of views. I mean a sweet south AND east river view, I bet those cars in the lot are loving the view!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive