HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 11:39 PM

Absolutely agree that its temporary, at least for most. I'm a commercial broker and most people I talk to want to eventually return to the office in some fashion.

What I think will happen is that we will see an increase of the hybrid format where most people will have the option to work a couple days from home, which i think is a great way to move forward. People really don't need to be in the office 5 days a week for 10 hours a day. Its better for the environment, its better for the workers mental health, well being and wallet and its good for a company because they can seamlessly move to remote in case of another pandemic or similar emergency situation.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 2:24 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Absolutely agree that its temporary, at least for most. I'm a commercial broker and most people I talk to want to eventually return to the office in some fashion.

What I think will happen is that we will see an increase of the hybrid format where most people will have the option to work a couple days from home, which i think is a great way to move forward. People really don't need to be in the office 5 days a week for 10 hours a day. Its better for the environment, its better for the workers mental health, well being and wallet and its good for a company because they can seamlessly move to remote in case of another pandemic or similar emergency situation.
I agree with this 100%.

My office was 100% at home from This time last year until early June when our area in Pennsylvania was allowed to reopen with some restrictions. We stayed in the office until the Monday before Thanksgiving...and we were pushed back out as the cases across the country rapidly rose. We were told it would be for a month until right after New Year's. Then it got extended another month. Then again into mid march. Now...we are at a 50% capacity in the office where we all have to take turns coming in for a week or two at a time and then switching out. I like this much better. I absolutely hate working from home all the time. I feel like I'm stuck inside for days at a time. But I don't mind having a week where I can go to the gym across the street at 5am when I would be getting ready to drive to the office and just come home..shower..eat...and log on by 7am. Then next week the routine is to go to work. The switchup breaks the monotony. Also...I just like working at me desk in the office so much better than I do on my makeshift set up at home.

They say the kids need to go back to in person learning for the socialization. I think that applies to adults in the office too. Luckily my job doesn't require using Zoom at all...and the thought of having to work while being on that would drive me nuts. It has to be better to be in person to collaborate than being on a camera all day....or maybe that's just me.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post

I'd be ok with this.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions