HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 3:00 AM
Meh

I like it. The taller tower is pretty nice. It sort of reminds me of the stuff in Bellevue, Washington.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 5:24 AM

New renderings...new news. Overall good stuff, but it looks like we are not getting a new tallest.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 5:25 AM

Today was the groundbreaking for the project. They did a very well job with the whole event. There were over 600 people there and was pretty "star studded", at least with local well knowns. As mentioned, Jerry Colangelo was there, Pat McMahon was the presenter, and I saw Al McCoy of the Phoenix Suns walking around. The renderings were on huge banners, probably 20' in height setup to give an actual impression that you were on the street looking at the project. It worked pretty well to give that illusion.

To sort of recap, before all the photos...

- They have reduced the number of floors on the main tower. The rendering shows 38 floors, but I was told it will be 35 floors, making it even shorter. The main reason seems to be they wanted to reduce the number of condos as they don't feel there are enough potention buyers in the market for 2-3 bedroom luxury condos.

- The official groundbreaking was today, October 22nd, at 4:30 PM. Actual construction starts in November, about 3 weeks from now

- Wachovia is anchoring the office tower (which seems to be 26 stories from the rendering)

- Kimpton hotel, called The Palomer is going in the main tower, with residential condos above

- The main tower will have only 2-3 bedroom condos, which means expensive $$$

- The third tower planned, on the southern part of the eastern most block, will contain a TWELVE hotel, a signature restaurant, and an additional 30,000 sq ft of retail

- Three towers will all go up at once. The Wachovia tower and Patriot's block will start first, while the main tower and a third tower on the eastern block will start around mid 2008, while the Wachovia tower is still going up

- The fourth tower isn't planned to be under construction until 2010

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 7:36 AM
JoeCooper

Any new updates on this one? Since this broke ground, shouldn't it be in the construction thread?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 2:19 PM

^ The project appears to be on hold. Nothing is happening at the site.

--don

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 1:35 AM

I hope it pulls through, looks like a great project.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 7:13 PM

I just read in the Phoenix Business Journal (May 16th) that City Scape Condo Tower will be 30 stories. I thought I had read that they planned to take off 10 stories from the original 44 planned. I guess they are taking off an additional 4 stories. I was really hoping that they would build the 44 story building - but maybe the market will be alot better when they get to the 30th floor and decide to continue on up.....

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 8:55 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveithigh View Post
I just read in the Phoenix Business Journal (May 16th) that City Scape Condo Tower will be 30 stories. I thought I had read that they planned to take off 10 stories from the original 44 planned. I guess they are taking off an additional 4 stories. I was really hoping that they would build the 44 story building - but maybe the market will be alot better when they get to the 30th floor and decide to continue on up.....
chickenshits!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:18 PM

the worst skline in America deserves better than this

Old Posted Dec 31, 2008, 10:15 AM

Here's the latest on tower 1 courtesy of PHX_PD. Tower 2 is scheduled to be about 415'.

Can this be moved to under construction and updated.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 6:16 AM
Desert Dweller

I was surprised to see actual progress when flying over it from Sky Harbor to LA, someone move this to the construction thread!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2009, 11:56 PM

wow, that fits so well into the rest of the buildings.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 11:39 PM
BANNED

This is the first time I've seen this tower. I was gonna say it won't take long before it passes the proposal stage and starts getting developed. Despite the slowing economy, Phoenix is still a very hot city (figuratively, and physically speaking lol). I doubt it will have any trouble selling out. Great to see its getting built

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 5:14 PM

Current status:

Tower 1 (Alliance Bank Tower, formerly Wachovia Tower) is nearly finished in construction.

Tower 2 has basically been canceled for now. The elevator core was constructed to three stories and then it stopped. Latest rumors are that the hotel portion of something like 10 or 14 stories might resume construction later in 2010, and the condo portion is on hold for now, but could be added later.

Towers 3 and 4 (both residential) are cancelled.

The plaza area around the west side of the project was reduced to two stories and is under construction for now. Confirmed tenants include a small grocery store, a Gold's Gym, several restaurants and others.

--don

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 9:55 PM

I haven't been on this site in a while. I guess something is happening, but it doesn't look like the original designs shown in the renderings.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 5:26 AM

Tower 2: hotel/condos

Update on the project: The office tower (tower 1) is finished. It is 27 floors and 375 feet tall. It has "Alliance Bank" at the top and you can see it in my second picture.

Tower 2 consists of a hotel base (11 floors) that was finished in mid 2012. Recently the developers started construction of the apartments above the hotel. It will consist of 12-14 floors of apartments on top of the 11 floor hotel. The building permits indicate that there will be 242 apartments. The building should be about 300 feet tall when completed. The hotel has a pool on the third floor above the Tilted Kilt. The apartments will have a pool on top of the hotel on the 12th floor on the south west corner.

The project consists of two whole city blocks both with underground parking. One block with smaller retail buildings and a courtyard, the other block with the two towers (and retail). Overall the project was scaled down from its original plans but considering the economy, it's pretty good.

Here are recent pictures:

From the south:

From the east:

As you can see in the pictures, they've started putting the framing for the exterior walls up on the lower levels.

This is from the courtyard north of the new Maricopa County Court Tower:

Mods: it may be a good idea to re-title the thread and take out the reference to Tower 1 since It's complete and update the numbers for Tower 2. It should probably say ~310 ft and 25 floors.

Last edited by nickw252; Apr 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post

This is from the courtyard north of the new Maricopa County Court Tower:

I really like this picture, nice mix of old and new. The apartments are looking nice, of course it kinda sucks how we went from 44 floors to 25. However, I'm still happy there is progress being made on CityScape. Took a long time, but we are finally getting there!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 2:31 PM

Sunrise

The Cityscape Apartment/hotel is on the right (with the tower crane above it).

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 2:53 AM

Old Posted May 18, 2013, 1:17 PM

Picture taken by richtempe:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive