HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 30, 2011, 3:22 AM
Paradise

Quote:

Wonder why they call the coliseum their studios...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 3:26 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Wonder why they call the coliseum their studios...
Exaaaaactly.

*Sigh*

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 4:12 PM

KCI begins work on new office building
San Antonio Business Journal - by Tricia Lynn Silva
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 12:39pm CDT

Quote:
San Antonio-based Kinetic Concepts Inc. has announced plans for a new office building on the city’s Northwest Side.

The three-story, 100,000-square-foot property will be located at 12930 Interstate-Highway 10 West, according to Joe Izbrand, director of corporate communications for KCI.

Read more: KCI begins work on new office building | San Antonio Business Journal
http://assets.bizjournals.com/sanant...ile550.jpg?v=1

Exact location is between Hausman and University Heights.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; Apr 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 8:45 PM
Endless Moments...

Boo, more endless parking lots and low rises buildings. Not to mention traffic is out of control. Boo...
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:38 AM

A huge tract of land behind HEB @ 1604/Bandera along the frontage road has been cleared out as of this past week. Someone please tell me it's gonna be a new Wal Mart for the Helotes area so I don't have to drive way down Bandera Rd. anymore haha

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 9:02 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoc14 View Post
A huge tract of land behind HEB @ 1604/Bandera along the frontage road has been cleared out as of this past week. Someone please tell me it's gonna be a new Wal Mart for the Helotes area so I don't have to drive way down Bandera Rd. anymore haha
I believe HEB owns the land and is planning a shopping center anchored by an HEB Plus.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I believe HEB owns the land and is planning a shopping center anchored by an HEB Plus.
HEB Plus would do very well there. So much for that little runway strip behind the current HEB.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post

Boo, more endless parking lots and low rises buildings. Not to mention traffic is out of control. Boo...
I get so tired of comments like this... If you have a problem with a growing city, MOVE OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 5:03 PM
Endless Moments...

I don't care and didn't ask what you thought. If you don't like it why don't you move. SO I BOO you. BOOOO.

You can go live on a barren parking lot with endless traffic for all i care...

btw - you make a perfect example for my quote...
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2011, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
I get so tired of comments like this... If you have a problem with a growing city, MOVE OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!
Its no so much a problem with the growing city, I think the comment came from wanting to see better development than an island building that one can only get to by driving.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post

I don't care and didn't ask what you thought. If you don't like it why don't you move. SO I BOO you. BOOOO.

You can go live on a barren parking lot with endless traffic for all i care...

btw - you make a perfect example for my quote...
No, I LOVE living here, I LOVE everything about this city, I have ZERO complaints, unlike alot of people in the forums. There is always someone who has a problem with more buildings, more chain restaurants, more traffic... SHUT UP ALREADY! Like I said, to everyone who has a problem with San Antonio and EVERYTHING that comes with it, PLEASE GO, GET THE "H" OUT. San Antonio is better without your negativity anyway! I love it here, so no reason for ME to move!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
No, I LOVE living here, I LOVE everything about this city, I have ZERO complaints, unlike alot of people in the forums. There is always someone who has a problem with more buildings, more chain restaurants, more traffic... SHUT UP ALREADY! Like I said, to everyone who has a problem with San Antonio and EVERYTHING that comes with it, PLEASE GO, GET THE "H" OUT. San Antonio is better without your negativity anyway! I love it here, so no reason for ME to move!
Yeesh, somebody is wearing rose tinted glasses...

Don't like it? Don't read it. Besides, criticism provides reasons to improve.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunadic View Post
Yeesh, somebody is wearing rose tinted glasses...

Don't like it? Don't read it. Besides, criticism provides reasons to improve.
Yea that makes sense... don't like it, don't read it... wouldn't I have to read it first to find out if I like it or not????

I just don't understand why people can't be happy about our city, why all the constant complaining? It get tiring when all I read are negative comments about our city!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 3:48 AM

tyger2678 I like the way you support San Antonio and wish we had more people like you, the understanding is no one hates San Antonio, but it's developers who want to come in and build 3 to 4st buildings and a sea of parking lots, thats not good development it is for jobs but not good for urban development. If San Antonio continues this trend then the City will have far greater problems in the future like traffic, pollution, ect.. what would be good for San Antonio would be more density in and near downtown so people can live and work without relying on a car and using alternative transportation like walking, using a bike, bus, and one day using lightrail.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 4:11 AM

Urban Development: Where people live and work.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...0&tx=86&ty=147

Sprawl Development: Where it takes hours to go just to get somewhere.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...u-shopping.php

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 4:32 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
tyger2678 I like the way you support San Antonio and wish we had more people like you, the understanding is no one hates San Antonio, but it's developers who want to come in and build 3 to 4st buildings and a sea of parking lots, thats not good development it is for jobs but not good for urban development. If San Antonio continues this trend then the City will have far greater problems in the future like traffic, pollution, ect..
Because YOUR city doesn't have ANY of those problems.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 4:40 AM

Actually yes Austin does have sprawl maybe not like San Antonio but sprawl is still sprawl, and we need to address the issue. We shouldn't incourage sprawl yes it happens which is understandable but if we continue then we'll have a mess looking like Houston or LA. Also I'm not dissing any city by any means.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 4:58 AM

I'm happy for San Antonio for all it's new development weather it may be urban or sprawl., Also does anyone know if they restarted the parking garage that collapse a few months ago?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 12:21 AM

I was in town yesterday and happened to pass by the Broadway Bank addition.......Wow. That is one nice looking building. I also saw the new section of La Cantera and really liked it as well.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 11:52 PM
Endless Moments...

Okay first of all this is a forum. Being a forum its an open exchange of thoughts and opinions. Not everyone is gonna agree with everything and everyone. But being a discussion there will be things said that you may not like, but it is what it is.

Now to clarify my point. I have NOTHING against San Antonio growing. However I feel there is good way and not so good way to grow. I feel that a company who currently leases office space in a 14 story building and decides to move further out from the inner core does nothing for urban development. It pushes higher paying jobs away from downtown and puts them out in the suburbs. Yes there is a lot of development in that area, but the whole ingress/egress of the whole is just out of control. The only way to move about is with a personal vehicle. It takes what 15 to 20 min just to navigate the endless maze of parking lots, stop lights, and who knows what else.

Now I know no city is perfect but I would hope someone would try and reverse the trend here. I just personally feel sprawling suburban office parks do more harm then good.

Wouldn't it be nice to read "Local Company starts work on a new 40 story office in Downtown". Now personally I would love to read that. I know this is a suburban thread, but i am just saying. I would love to see a new tower in dt in sa.

After all it is a forum to speak ones mind. Good day...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio