HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 8:56 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngreenlee View Post
Austin Texas ‏@austintexasgov
Yea that 6400+ acres should actually be 40+ acres lol. Whoever posts the city's tweets screwed up. I was about to say "where the heck is this 6400 acres of undeveloped land along Slaughter Creek!" when I saw that lol.

On a side note, I've never been fond of that name. It's not exactly the kind of name that makes people think of a nice creek or a large road with stripmalls and subdivisions lining it. More like a horror film lol. Yea I know why it's named that but they could have changed the name. I remember awhile back the look that someone gave me who was from out of town when I mentioned Slaughter Lane. Priceless lmao

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
"where the heck is this 6400 acres of undeveloped land along Slaughter Creek!" when I saw that lol.

This is what size that would have to be...

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 9:20 PM

Austin Texas @austintexasgov
Quote:
CORRECTION: #ATXCouncil ok’s purchase of approx 6.4 acres of parkland

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 11:54 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Oh wow, that's definitely less than 40 lol. I guess I was looking at something else regarding 40 acres when I looked it up.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 9:27 AM

I don't think I ever saw these renderings posted for a proposed Pleasant Valley Pedestrian Bridge at the east end of Lady Bird Lake.

From Austin on a bike

From Christopher Stanton in the comments:

Quote:
The bridge graffic is from us (The Ghisallo Foundation). This is not directly related to the peninsula bridge mentioned in your article. The bridge with voiced opposition is the mid-lake bridge which runs from the gazebo peninsula. The proposed bridge your are showing pictures of and writing about is a ped+bike bridge I am proposing adjacent to Longhorn dam rather than being raised and attached to Longhorn dam. I am not aware of any PODER opposition to this specific proposal.

Then there's some different renderings from the Facebook page of Minguell-McQuary Architecture+Design

source

source

source

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 11:33 AM
World Traveler

I like it for a couple of reasons. It's unique and has a pretty cool design, and it also naturally makes a loop for the hike and bike trail, which is kind of cool. Not sure of the latter part was their intent or not.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin