HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdave View Post
Manager at Brewsters north today said that all three locations are closing. The south one will be the first one to close. Sounds like they will all close over the next couple of months.
That's weird - they've just gone through a rebranding exercise. Last ditch effort, I guess. They always seem busy when I got there (admittedly, I haven't been in about 6-8months, due in large part to more options... most with better beer options).

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
So what I heard about Hudsons Tap House replacing the south Brewsters could very well be true. Still a little sad that they all are closing. My friends and I used to go there religiously on Mondays for wing and schooner night. Could get an order of both for $10 if I can remember. Boy has that changed since.
Hudson's had been in talks with them for months about the location. However it's pathetic that Hudson's is going there when they've had ample opportunities in much better central locations. I hope that plan falls apart, for Hudson's sake.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 12:41 AM

There is also an application for a takeway coffee shop location at 3008 13th Avenue

Hopefully that goes through and hopefully Gales sells the building soon considering how horrifically underutilized the building is.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Hudson's had been in talks with them for months about the location. However it's pathetic that Hudson's is going there when they've had ample opportunities in much better central locations. I hope that plan falls apart, for Hudson's sake.
I agree. Where would you like to see it go? I'd like to see it go somewhere on Dewdney. I'm hearing the downtown pubs are taking people away from the strip so maybe Hudsons would bring some back there. We really need a connection between downtown and the District.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
I agree. Where would you like to see it go? I'd like to see it go somewhere on Dewdney. I'm hearing the downtown pubs are taking people away from the strip so maybe Hudsons would bring some back there. We really need a connection between downtown and the District.
Until the pedestrian bridge is build I think it's mostly a dead connect. Even then I'm not as sanguine as many. Especially if they build a stadium and ruin the area.

Hudson's has looked at at least three locations on Dewdney that would worked. They also could have gone on Scarth St. But for some reason they think they need suburban parking ratios.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdave View Post
Manager at Brewsters north today said that all three locations are closing. The south one will be the first one to close. Sounds like they will all close over the next couple of months.
This is one of those 'telephone game' items... they're not closing. They are looking to change, given changing local landscape (more breweries, and more restaurants/pubs/sports bars). Plan is to moving one location, and find a better option for their brewing operations.

I suspect the manager at the north location heard part of the story & made some assumptions.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
This is one of those 'telephone game' items... they're not closing. They are looking to change, given changing local landscape (more breweries, and more restaurants/pubs/sports bars). Plan is to moving one location, and find a better option for their brewing operations.

I suspect the manager at the north location heard part of the story & made some assumptions.
What sort of manager spreads false rumours about their place closing without all the facts? Sounds like quite the manager they have there.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
What sort of manager spreads false rumours about their place closing without all the facts? Sounds like quite the manager they have there.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Not to be that guy, but it was actually this guy that tried spreading false rumours about the branch closing.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
The kind of manager who is losing his job? Probably not a ton of loyalty remaining.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 4:29 PM

Quote:
I agree we need better connectivity (among other things).

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Until the pedestrian bridge is build I think it's mostly a dead connect. Even then I'm not as sanguine as many. Especially if they build a stadium and ruin the area.

Hudson's has looked at at least three locations on Dewdney that would worked. They also could have gone on Scarth St. But for some reason they think they need suburban parking ratios.
Which is odd, because in Edmonton they're on Whyte Ave. and in Saskatoon they're on 21st Street in front of the Bessborough - which is a prime downtown location, but the complete opposite of a suburban parking lot.

No matter, I'm much more excited about the new Cathedral Social House from Regina that going to open in the old Freehouse location on Spadina Ave.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 7:52 PM

A new small coffee place called 33 1/3 Roasters is up for approval at the RPC next week. It will be next to Gales on 13th near W of Robinson (3008 13th)

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
A new small coffee place called 33 1/3 Roasters is up for approval at the RPC next week. It will be next to Gales on 13th near W of Robinson (3008 13th)
Do you think they're moving from their 15th&Montreal location, or setting up a second location?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Do you think they're moving from their 15th&Montreal location, or setting up a second location?
I'd be shocked if they moved from 15th & Montreal. Vibe in there is great - works really well with Malty National and the clothing/vinyl shop. Constant flow of customers.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 4:13 AM

Quote:
I'd be shocked if they moved from 15th & Montreal. Vibe in there is great - works really well with Malty National and the clothing/vinyl shop. Constant flow of customers.
The new spot is also only 810 sq.ft.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 10:51 PM

If anyone remembers Beak's Chicken they're opening their restaurant at 1511 11th Ave. in mid-July. I feel like it's been a couple of years since they started this process. That area could always use some love, too, so hopefully it goes well.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
If anyone remembers Beak's Chicken they're opening their restaurant at 1511 11th Ave. in mid-July. I feel like it's been a couple of years since they started this process. That area could always use some love, too, so hopefully it goes well.
I wish them well, however the location is going to be extremely tough to pull off.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 8:43 PM

Quote:
I wish them well, however the location is going to be extremely tough to pull off.
Terrible name & terrible location. Hopefully the product is good.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
T&A Vinyl is moving onto Victoria Avenue beside The Italian Star.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan