HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 6:37 PM

Will Take Over Old Fairweather Location at Polo Park?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
I thought the majority of the Safeway space became Forever 21. H&M seems to have come from a number of main floor retailers including Dynamite & Garage, the Polo Park Dental Centre (used to be near the customer service desk) and some other previously back-room storage spaces/not customer accessible areas.

Lindt is also planning to open 12 additional stores in Canada over the next two years with locations from coast to coast. Their preferred co-tenants are many of the shops with single locations in Winnipeg at the Polo Park mall. Add this to the list of likely candidates coming to the Zeller's renovation. It is possible they might back fill into an existing space for someone like Mexx if they relocate to the expansion.
That sounds about right, all I know is there is some space behind the old Dynamite & Garage, thought it might have been a small part of Safeway, but I could be wrong.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 5:33 AM

Here is the detail map of Polo Park

http://www.cfretail.com/FloorPlans/P..._floorplan.pdf

I'm not sure how old the map is. They still have Eddie Bauer on the second floor where the new wing begins.
However the Flight Centre by Sears is on the map.

There is a lot space behind BCBG and Pearls Vision and the former Dental Office.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
Here is the detail map of Polo Park

http://www.cfretail.com/FloorPlans/P..._floorplan.pdf

I'm not sure how old the map is. They still have Eddie Bauer on the second floor where the new wing begins.
However the Flight Centre by Sears is on the map.

There is a lot space behind BCBG and Pearls Vision and the former Dental Office.
Yes part of that is now H&M. I noticed there is also work going on in the basement under H&M, looks to be some offices for H&M as they are putting in a new staircase from H&M to the basement.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 3:37 AM

H&M opening September 10:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...269269701.html

The article confirms they will have a kids section (not all locations do). I agree that their kids clothes are excellent buys.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 6:35 AM

The Bay Polo Park

Speaking of Polo renos,

The Bay is renovating the outside of their Polo store (thank god), and has obviously changed it's name to Hudson's Bay...

Does anybody know if they'll be touching the interior? I remember when HBC/Lord & Taylor merged they said they would be renovating all stores across Canada and adding several in-store TopShop locations. If one goes into Polo that could be the final nail in the Bay Downtown's coffin.

Can't you imagine The Bay Downtown with 2 floors of CityTarget (Google it), 2 floors of the Bay, 1 Home Outfitters, 1 Lord & Taylor and 1 Saks Fifth Avenue?!?! A one-stop HBC (and target) Shop.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Speaking of Polo renos,

The Bay is renovating the outside of their Polo store (thank god), and has obviously changed it's name to Hudson's Bay...

Does anybody know if they'll be touching the interior? I remember when HBC/Lord & Taylor merged they said they would be renovating all stores across Canada and adding several in-store TopShop locations. If one goes into Polo that could be the final nail in the Bay Downtown's coffin.
I was actually in the Polo Park Bay recently. No sign of renovations on the interior leaving it still looking like a mix of Eatons, Sears and the Bay. In the men's wear there is a corner for the TopShop Men line though which I had not previously noticed. It does seem though that they are trying to push at least their men's wear up-market in advance of the arrival of Simons and Nordstroms.

Considering how hard they fought to get the Polo Park location and how easily they released the Zeller's lease I suspect it will be a long time before a dedicated TopShop shows up in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 9:04 PM

While looking at information on the Shindico site I noticed the site plan for The Plaza at Polo Park (aka Winnipeg Stadium site) includes a grocery store. Might this be a relocation of the announced and then cancelled plan for T&T to open in Polo North under the same developer/owner?

source

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
H&M opening September 10:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...269269701.html

The article confirms they will have a kids section (not all locations do). I agree that their kids clothes are excellent buys.
Yes it will indeed have a kids section at the back. Not surprisingly the womens section is bigger than the mens section.

Also Zumiez will be opening up very soon. We have completed work on it and they were receiving and stocking items today. Here's some images I snapped with my phone. It was nice taking down the hoarding today to finally reveal it to the public.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 4:34 PM

Kildonan Place has change ownership hands:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ands-1.2728998
Winnipeg's Kildonan Place Shopping Centre has been sold for $138.5 million.

The Transcona-area mall's new owner is H&R Real Estate Investment Trust.

Sears Canada has said it will receive nearly $28 million for the sale of its 20 per cent stake in the mall.

Sears will continue to operate its department store at the shopping centre.

Ivanhoe Cambridge owned the remaining 80 per cent of Kildonan Place Mall.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 1:04 AM

They should buy Garden City as well since apparently the current owners don't seem to care much about it, or at least about doing anything with it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjose32 View Post
They should buy Garden City as well since apparently the current owners don't seem to care much about it, or at least about doing anything with it.
They already own Garden City Square /Annex across the street on Leila so I don't think that they need / want the Garden City Shopping Center.

They are not that big in Manitoba, they also own the Grant Park shopping center and the Panet Rd and Sargent Ave Rona locations.

The Garden City Square and Grant Park Malls were acquired in the last year if I recall properly.

Kildonan Place will be the 5th location and I would guess their largest Manitoba property.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 3:57 PM

Add Sage Natural Wellness to the Polo Park store listed.

Link

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 9:29 PM

Construction Begins On Sage Natural Wellness at Polo Park

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
Kildonan Place has change ownership hands:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ands-1.2728998
Winnipeg's Kildonan Place Shopping Centre has been sold for $138.5 million.
Woooo eee! $140 schmill for KP. That's phase one of rapid transit in 2009 dollars!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

A new grocery store has opened in Elmwood, Fresh to the Bone, 260 Henderson.

YES!!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 7:18 PM

I saw that on Saturday morning going into work and was wondering what it was. I thought it might be a restaurant or meat market.

I wonder if that will make the old PAL's grocery on the other side of Henderson harder to rent out. I don't think the area would support two small independent groceries.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 10:54 PM

I believe I saw construction starting on a Mexx at the former Zellers. Also Teavana is close to completion and H&M is getting close also.

And something is going on next to the main floor washrooms, former Telus and travel place I believe. Not sure what.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 7:25 PM

Add Claires and Sunglass Hut to the former Zellers wing of the mall.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 7:30 PM

Province's retailers ring up $1.5-B worth of sales in June; up slightly over May

Manitoba was one of nine province’s to post a month-over-month increase in sales.
The lone exception was Saskatchewan, where sales dipped by 0.9 per cent.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...ce=d-more-news

It hurts to post this quote, but it is retail news?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan