HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Bridgeman's View Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 8, 2007, 7:31 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
wait until Trump Tower goes up between BVT and WFS. That's going to look cool.
Yes, it WILL look cool!

ichigo, I don't disagree with you, but I kinda like that such a dominant, strong structure will be by itself, at least for awhile...

...until its neighbors start to get developed. It's only a matter of time.

Last edited by SJPhillyBoy; May 8, 2007 at 10:52 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2007, 7:49 PM

Wow, I sure hope this gets built.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 1:03 AM

Nice find spy.

Dag-nabbit Wrong river again just like Waterfront Square. That structure would be sensational for the city at 24th + Arch -bridging the gap between University City + Center City.

Signature towers like this are crowning jewels that you add to accentuate a group of existing towers. This tower isn't an initial type tower that sprouts up out of nowhere. At least thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it. But I'll take it at Delaware Ave if need be

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 3:14 PM
Stay Classy Philadelphia

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
wait until Trump Tower goes up between BVT and WFS. That's going to look cool.

I love BVT. And the above posts are right about it being a much needed signature tower for that area. I also think the location will finally push more high rise developments east of City Hall (outside of what has already been proposed). I really, reallly hope it happens...and soon.

Is Trump Tower still happening? Was it approved?

I also assume that WFS is going to stay the way it is for a while huh?

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleri View Post
There's a problem in forum's like this with people like myself. We come across as snobbish and elitist. We love cities more than tall building. In other words we want the best architecture, best planning, best preservation, and best outcomes. It's not just in your city, either. It's every city.

Philadelphia is already a great city and can afford to put up dreck like Symphony House. Still, you want to do better. You want to compete with New York, Boston, San Francisco and Chicago. If you're competing with Atlanta, Dallas and Houston, you're missing the point. You aspire upward, not sideways.

I agree with your comment that cities need to aspire upward, not sideways. I too sometimes think people who push for higher standards can be seen as snobs, but in the end, it's that pressure that eventually ends up with a better end product. I live in Tampa, and talk about a boring urban landscape. We are years and years from the urban vibrancy of Philly.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 12:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellergroup View Post
I love BVT. And the above posts are right about it being a much needed signature tower for that area. I also think the location will finally push more high rise developments east of City Hall (outside of what has already been proposed). I really, reallly hope it happens...and soon.
let's keep in mind that the Girard block is zoned for something like 4 million sf of mixed use development. doesn't mean that they are going to develop that much at one time, but they could. the whole stretch of market from 8th to 11th could use some major overhauling, and that g-block will be the catalyst.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellergroup View Post
Is Trump Tower still happening? Was it approved??
yes.

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giamomj View Post
Anyone seen any rough pricing fro 1 - 2 BR condos at BVT? If the pricing points are below $350K, that would see a lot of condos. Of course, that may not be cost-effective.

Gia

Yeah, that would be great wouldn't it? But not even remotely possible. With the cost of new construction so incredibly high, the $700K pricing actually seems right in line with the configurations of the building. They'd be hard-pressed to get by with asking anything less. It's just a different buyer than a typical Philadelphian. To us, this seems high, but to outsiders, it's a drop in the bucket. I remember when everyone was giddy about 1919 Market and all those supposedly cheap, $250K, 1,000+ s.f. units that were gonna sell out and beat the pants off Murano, Ritz and Symphony. Yeah, didn't happen. Those plans were tossed out the window when the price of concrete doubled, so there you have it. If you're lookin for a bargain, go low-ball someone desperate to sell because they need to move or somethin...just ain't gonna happen in new construction. I bought a unit in the American Loft and now the least expensive 1BR there is $430K!!! There just isn't a lot of new construction rising out of the ground, and where there is, it's costing these developers a whole lot-o-cash to build, so the numbers have to work out before they'll start diggin...period. It sure would be awesome for NoLibs and my property value if they build this thing. Anybody know how much a parking spot will cost over there? I read somewhere that they're gonna sell spaces to outsiders...

Old Posted May 14, 2007, 8:41 PM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Too high on that list of places......that if you can afford to live there........you can afford to live someplace better.

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 12:51 AM

If the chips continue to fall into place we could be in for a good inflation run over the next 5 years that could take a big bite out of these prices. Yes the last two CPI numbers came in at the expected numbers, but resource utilization is unbelievable, rents have been flat for far too long, productivity gains of the computer have dried up, and chinese labor is on the verge of becoming more expensive by the day.

I have to agree that this would be a better fit to the market in Center City. Center City/Rittenhouse Square is the high end neighborhood in the city. If you can afford a 750k one bedroom, you'll probably be more inclined to buy it in CC. There also isn't a better location to be afforded in the city than center city, which negates bryson's valid argument about the skethcy wasteland between old city and no libs.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 2:08 AM

Any "new" news on this?

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 1:14 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
...until its neighbors start to get developed. It's only a matter of time.
In a very odd way, this building, and the neighborhood developing aroud it, sort of remind me of....miami? the way there are numerous condos being developed around a single main boulevard (Columbus Blvd.=Biscayne Blvd.), with some right on the water.

Strange, yes. But its just an observation..........based on the above picture as well.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 5:17 PM
OG from the L.B.C.

Not weird. The "Miamification" of the Delaware waterfront has been brought up numerous times on the main Philly thread over the last few years.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 8:02 PM
Stay Classy Philadelphia

Does anybody think this building will not happen?

If groundbreaking is in Nov. should there be more activity/news at this point?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 6:39 AM

^^ I really hope this gets built. It's a really nice looking building and it's a real good height too. Although I do agree...if groundbreaking is supposed to be in November of this year, I would think we would be hearing more about this.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 3:19 PM

Man this towers cool, but wouldn't it mix up the skyline? I mean the skyline right now is balanced, having the tallest in the center.
I hope this gets built it would look cool!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
Man this towers cool, but wouldn't it mix up the skyline? I mean the skyline right now is balanced, having the tallest in the center.
I hope this gets built it would look cool!
This building wouldn't even be part of the traditional skyline. It is simply too far away. It would be starting a second skyline.

Anyway, I don't think developers obsess quite as much over the skyline as we on here do.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 5:37 PM
resu deretsiger

sure, but imagine this and other angles with bridgman's (phillyskyline.com):

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 5:53 PM

Wow Philly's on a roll....

and comcast is looking nice! It really changes the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 5:01 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

I don't have any skills but it would be hot if someone was ab le to photoshop Bridgman's into that image above...

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post

I so hope this building comes to fruition. Any news on Trump Tower Philadelphia, or has that been postponed?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive