HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
What experience at QT? Every time I walk to QT I face zero problems. Except every now and then being asked for money. I say no and move along with zero issue.
Basically the people in $500K condos don't want homeless people in front of their building. They think they own or should control the public right-of-way. You might be surprised (or not?) at the number of older Midtown residents who have a certain brand of vocal NIMBYism. They're still trying to stop the DGX, on the grounds that is was falsely permitted as a grocery store.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 7:54 PM

Probably ½ of their sales will be considered grocery/household items. Dollar Generals are just smaller grocery stores with some clothes and toys. DGX is their urban format stores which focus on household items and food sales. It’s needed and a good addition for midtown PERIOD! These complainers will be the first ones running in to grab a gallon of milk and bread when it opens most likely. If not then shut the hell up and don’t shop there if you don’t like it. People are morons overall!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 8:26 PM

It's just suburbanites who move to the city. If you don't want to deal with the ills of the city, move to Alpharetta.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 9:45 PM

Quote:
https://whatnowatlanta.com/chef-g-ga...est-peachtree/

Hanover West Peachtree sounds like will be fully filled with retail soon.

LowCountry Steak (a steakhouse), Nagomiya (Japanese food), Yoga Six, and an apparel retailer Stray Glass
Awesome!
Wait. Did you say apparel?!?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
I was going to say the same but someone will come along with 2 or 3 horror stories to back up their point that QT is the pit of hell. I walk by it several times a week usually after 8:00 pm and have never had a problem either. Crap happens everywhere. I was mugged on Howell Mill getting gas 5 months ago at QT but I’m not whining that QT should be closed or that Howell Mill is dangerous. It happened. I moved on and still get gas their sometimes. I am more cautious and make sure I lock my vehicle when I get out to pump gas every time. Moved on....
Wow . Around what time of the day did this happen? Thats where I get gas 99% of the time. Luckily I havent had too many issues.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 12:23 AM

3:30 in the afternoon on a Monday! That’s my point. Bad things can happen anywhere anytime. It wasn’t a homeless person mugging me; it was 2 guys jumping out of a Cadillac.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2020, 10:09 PM
i ain't no bubba

Smile

Quote:
What experience at QT? Every time I walk to QT I face zero problems.
Please don't pretend that section of Peachtree has not changed for the worse since Quick Trip opened. I live less than a block away and walk by regularly...it looks trashy and I was told that is, in part, why WoB closed their restaurant. The block became too dumpy looking and patrons were hassled while they ate. I won't comment on their food.

And no, I'm not some delicate suburbanite (or a snob) who can't handle the city. I've lived either in Midtown or Downtown for the past 32 years. I don't have to accept, and feel obligated to speak out against, the current conditions of what was formerly an OK section of Peachtree. While my vision for the neighborhood doesn't include exclusive shops, it certainly doesn't include a QT and potentially DGX...I'm anxious to see what happens when it opens.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 1:13 PM

I have lived either at Spire (across the street) or Viewpoint (the building with QT) since 2005 - and before that also in Midtown. Here are some of my observations.

QT's presence, even before the Peachtree-Pine shelter closed, increased homelessness in this section in Midtown. I am now often asked for money when I walk on the street, much more now than before. There have been several muggings in the area, including people I know hurt (this did not happen before). A homeless person was killed in the parking lot across from QT. I have had to call 911 for folks in front of QT threatening others.

All three restaurants next to QT have closed in the past year (World of Beer, Purely, and Vitality Bowls) - they all opened before QT. Their closing is likely not a coincidence.

Before QT, a security person was not needed (either at Spire or Viewpoint). Now there is regular security at QT.

Note, I did not expect this when QT opened - I happen to like the food there and the convenience of a 24-hour store. I am also not afraid of city living. I lived in New York City for many years while growing up. I also went to college in Boston.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
What experience at QT? Every time I walk to QT I face zero problems. Except every now and then being asked for money. I say no and move along with zero issue.
The situation improved after they removed the tables and benches. When the QT first opened, quite a few people were literally camping out there, and I used to see fights break out sometimes. It was turning into a mini Peachtree-Pine. Now it's just a panhandler or two like any other high-traffic place.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 7:27 PM

Per WNA, shops at 903 Peachtree are closed to begin demos.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2020, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Per WNA, shops at 903 Peachtree are closed to begin demos.
They took down the electronic advertising board last week.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 1:01 PM

DGX is open.   I think this is more similar to the CVS than the QT.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 10:09 PM

Geez people...it’s a dollar general; therefore, it’s similar to a DOLLAR GENERAL....DGX, Dollar General Express.....

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 12:22 AM

That's the type of storefronts you want to see all over Atlanta. Really brightens that sidewalk up and makes the pedestrian feel more safe and secure.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 1:19 AM

It is amazing, the prices are great and it’s more like a bodega/cvs than a qt

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 1:51 AM

Quote:
I’m looking forward to checking it out next time I’m headed down Peachtree

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I agree. I am very pleasantly surprised. The selection is good and I think it is a good addition to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:25 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin22 View Post
I am very pleasantly surprised. The selection is good and I think it is a good addition to the neighborhood.
My thoughts as well although their graphics/design leave a lot to be desired. Even though QT, CVS, DGX, Savi Market and Publix are all within a few blocks of each other, they all have their own niche. It will be interesting to see if the neighborhood can support them all.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 11:18 PM

Any pics from the inside?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 2:22 PM

Recent closings

Square Pub closes today after almost 10 years on the Decatur Square. They were one of the first places to open while all the MARTA construction was going on.

Imperial Fez closed at the end of February: they opened in Buckhead in 1992

Graveyard Tavern in EAV closed in Feb after 15 years. Used to be a motorcycle repair shop called the Graveyard — back when the village was just the EARL and Gravity Pub

New stuff
Great new ramen place across from Ponce City Market: Kin No Tori
At Glen Iris and North Ave: Ruby Chow. Interesting asian/southern fusion with great neon signage

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta