HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
I have a feeling that was a person from the group who wants to place this stadium deal on the November ballot - and not pertaining to any specific candidate.
No, it was one of the MLS in Austin guys standing behind me.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
No, it was one of the MLS in Austin guys standing behind me.
It was definitely Pro-Stadium crowd. She forgets who put her in the seat she is in, and frankly, any vote against the stadium is someone not listening to the majority of Austinites.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
My favorite part of the night was when Alter said something like "only those up here on the dais get to vote" and someone in the crowd yelled out "We vote, too!" Alter immediately realized her mistake and back pedaled, acknowledging that voters in Council Districts with elections will have a say after the fact.
Alter was talking mad shit. She seemed to be relishing smearing shit in the faces of all the soccer fans there. It was almost sadistic how much joy she was getting out of it. Very cocky about her re-election prospects. She seems like Leslie Pool's bulldog.

If I end up buying this house, I'll be a new voter in District 1 in the next election and you better believe I'll be outspoken about my support/opposition.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Alter was talking mad shit. She seemed to be relishing smearing shit in the faces of all the soccer fans there. It was almost sadistic how much joy she was getting out of it. Very cocky about her re-election prospects. She seems like Leslie Pool's bulldog.

If I end up buying this house, I'll be a new voter in District 1 in the next election and you better believe I'll be outspoken about my support/opposition.
I’m just so happy Ora is leaving. Natasha Harper seems good. Where is the house you are looking at?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
I’m just so happy Ora is leaving. Natasha Harper seems good. Where is the house you are looking at?
Copperfield area, close to the Mi Casa market, around Braker and Dessau. I have put in an offer. It's just a question of whether the inspection goes well, etc. since it's an older house.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 5:49 PM

Pool was hanging out in Columbus giving comfort to the Crew's fans.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/soc...0eICfB9coQ26M/

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 5:58 PM

OMG!!!WTF!!!!! Other than that, I'm speechless.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Pool was hanging out in Columbus giving comfort to the Crew's fans.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/soc...0eICfB9coQ26M/
WOW... she is by far the worst elected representative I've seen in Austin. And that's saying something.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 6:00 PM

This should be pasted all over local media... shut her down.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 6:11 PM

I just sent the following message to that disgrace of a human:

While citizens of Austin, of which you are on the City Council, have overwhelmingly expressed their support in meeting after meeting for bringing MLS to Austin, you traveled to Columbus, Ohio (!) and met with supporters of their efforts to keep the team in their city. That is a disgraceful act for someone on the Austin City Council. You obviously are not representing the interests of Austin or Austinites on this issue, so you should recuse yourself from tomorrow's meeting and vote.

I'm going to send a note to all council members as well.

Last edited by ClendonRoss; Aug 14, 2018 at 8:22 PM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClendonRoss View Post
I just sent the following message to that disgrace of a human:

While citizens of Austin, of which you are on the City Council, have overwhelmingly expressed their support in meeting after meeting for bringing MLS to Austin, you traveled to Columbus, Ohio (!) and met with supporters of their efforts to keep the team in their city. That is a disgraceful act for someone on the Austin City Council. You obviously are not representing the interests of Austin or Austinites on this issue, so you should recuse yourself from tomorrow's meeting and vote.

I'm going to send a note to all council members as well.
Sent to the rest of the Council members:

Now that Council member Leslie Pool has demonstrated that she has more interest in representing the interests of the City of Columbus over the City of Austin, she should be banned from participating in or voting on the PSV-McKalla Place proposal.

As for the Mayor and other Council members, please vote yes tomorrow on the PSV-McKalla Place proposal, which as you know from public comment and feedback sessions, has far more supporters than detractors. Represent the wishes of Austin residents, not those of Columbus residents like your colleague on the dais Pool.

Last edited by ClendonRoss; Aug 14, 2018 at 8:22 PM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 7:21 PM

Hey Sacramento here comes the Crew courtesy of the Austin CC. You're welcome!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 8:37 PM

Wow. What a farce. There has got to be a money trail to follow somewhere. We know one end would be represented by Pool (and probably other council members). And the other would likely lead to some form of COTA/Epstein and/or interests in Columbus.

Here's her office's phone number & email link, which are publicly available via AustinTX.gov:

Quote:
CONTACT INFO
Phone: 512-978-2107
Email

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odelayjb View Post
Wow. What a farce. There has got to be a money trail to follow somewhere. We know one end would be represented by Pool (and probably other council members). And the other would likely lead to some form of COTA/Epstein and/or interests in Columbus.

Here's her office's phone number & email link, which are publicly available via AustinTX.gov:
Might be more effective to email all the council. Her mind seems to have been made up against soccer a long time ago. It's really a shame those of us in D7 have to look outside the district for leadership.

http://www.austintexas.gov/email/all-council-members

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 9:39 PM

Agree on Pool being deadset against it. If you live in a district represented by Tovo, Garza, Flannigan, Kitchen, Casar or Renteria, now's the time to send them a note and let you know that you support the cause.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
Might be more effective to email all the council. Her mind seems to have been made up against soccer a long time ago.

http://www.austintexas.gov/email/all-council-members
Good point. I guess my inclination to call her office was as much about voicing my disappointment with her and even outrage. But your idea is much more productive. (I had emailed all the council members just a week or so ago, myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
It's really a shame those of us in D7 have to look outside the district for leadership.
Indeed a shame, yet poetic in that friggin' Pool herself also looked outside the district...for a preferred citizenry! So outrageous on her part.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

Why is Leslie Pool kowtowing to outside interests?

Quote:
Subject: Why is Leslie Pool kowtowing to outside interests?

To: steve.adler@austintexas.gov, ora.houston@austintexas.gov, district2@austintexas.gov, sabino.renteria@austintexas.gov, district4@austintexas.gov, district5@austintexas.gov, district6@austintexas.gov, district7@austintexas.gov, district8@austintexas.gov, kathie.tovo@austintexas.gov, district10@austintexas.gov

The council seems to be tarnished by the behavior of a vocal faction (hopefully a minority). This faction dispenses with any regard for the citizens of Austin, despite their lip service to nonsensical platitudes and issues du jour.

Most troubling, is that Leslie Pool in particular has literally gone off the reservation, turning up in Columbus, Ohio to provide some pathetic veneer of "leadership" and "concern" to a citizenry to which she has no such duty. Please remind Miss Pool that she is a public servant to the citizens of Austin (I realize, even more specifically a servant to my very frustrated friends in District 7). Perhaps such a message delivered by her colleagues will carry more weight than from her TRUE constituents. Clearly she has no regard for the latter.

Kindly yours,

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 10:48 PM
Voice of the Modern World

"On Wednesday morning, the city council of Austin, Texas, will discuss and likely vote on a term sheet between the city and Crew SC operator Precourt Sports Ventures that could serve as a precursor to a final stadium agreement that signals the Crew's exit from Columbus."

"Despite Pool's gesture of visiting Columbus, the term sheet is considered likely to pass"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dispa...emplate=ampart

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 10:57 PM

Effective strategies:
1 Hammer Pool in social media to make other council members fear similar repercussions.
2 Email all council members to express displeasure with her priorities and tactics.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 11:05 PM
Voice of the Modern World

I hope by 6 PM tomorrow that I'm baptized in as an Austin Athletics FC supporter.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin