HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 5:17 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Forum Meets

Hey all, I've discussed this idea in the past both on the forum and on Facebook, and decided to wait until after the holidays to post anything. As it turns out, we have our own section now which works well for threads such as this.

SSP is really quite a tight community and we all have similar interests which lend to enjoyable discussions about a variety of issues and topics. Forumers in other cities often gather a few times annually for some drinks and good conversation. I was finally able to attend my first Calgary meet last summer and we ended up being 14 strong, and it was a blast. I think I've met about ten more members throughout North American and Europe as well, and it's always a good time.

However, I've not yet met any of the St. John's SSP community (I had lunch with HIMS a couple times when I first moved here in 2010, but he was in the process of moving back to Regina and is no longer here). So I'm creating this thread just so the idea is more visible and 'out there'. Personally, I'm almost always up for some drinks or a photo-taking, sightseeing walk about town, and I'm sure some others would be interested as well.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that most of my friends zone out about 30 seconds into my ramblings about transit routes, curtainwalls, and sustainable development, so this would provide a nice opportunity to talk about such things with people who actually share our love of all things urban.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's