HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #61  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2017, 3:36 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
I'm here for no one.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of the fence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Sounds like this project is dead!
I'm very curious as to why the developers are using crowd funding. I suspect they had trouble getting traditional financing. But I wouldn't give up on this one yet because we had a big project in Austin (Block 87) that was actually advertising on Craig's List. That would be a step down IMO from crowd funding, and that one is now moving forward.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #62  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 3:03 AM
deeger deeger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 96
It reached 100% of it's goal of $2.29M.

https://www.equityroots.com/Campaign...aspx?campid=22
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #63  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 6:29 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
I'm here for no one.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My side of the fence
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeger View Post
It reached 100% of it's goal of $2.29M.

https://www.equityroots.com/Campaign...aspx?campid=22
That's pretty cool. I hope we get some news about a groundbreaking in the near future.
__________________
Austin on Urban Planet:
http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/215-austin/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #64  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 4:06 PM
The Model's Avatar
The Model The Model is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 502
[IMG]Main Plaza by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

Starting to get my before shots, so we can have Before and After in a few years for this location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #65  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 4:57 PM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
[IMG]Main Plaza by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

Starting to get my before shots, so we can have Before and After in a few years for this location.
Beautiful pic!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #66  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 5:17 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
I am a registered user.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Beantown
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post

Starting to get my before shots, so we can have Before and After in a few years for this location.
You should get a wider shot that includes Frost Tower. Hell, you should just get a couple hundreds shots from every conceivable angle of everything in and around downtown SA.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #67  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 9:41 PM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 523
Is there any development on this project? When might it start or have its groundbreaking? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #68  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 9:46 PM
jaga185's Avatar
jaga185 jaga185 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 2,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Is there any development on this project? When might it start or have its groundbreaking? Thanks in advance.
100 N. Main hotel and office tower

What is it: A roughly $45 million tower on Main Plaza with 45,000 square feet of office space and 184 rooms from the boutique Cambria hotel brand.

Original plans: Local hotel development group REM Hospitality said they wanted to break ground in December of last year.

Current status: The developers now hope to start construction around April, said Anand Bhakta, one of the partners in REM. But the groundbreaking could end up later because they are working with the city to make sure the construction doesn’t interfere with festivities for San Antonio’s tricentennial, he said.

The project made it through the city’s historic approval process, but it is awaiting a signature from Mayor Ron Nirenberg to qualify for the federal government’s EB5 program, which allows foreigners to invest at least $500,000 in a development in order to get a green card, Bhakta said. Nirenberg needs to certify that the project is in an area with high unemployment for it to qualify.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #69  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 9:48 PM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
100 N. Main hotel and office tower

What is it: A roughly $45 million tower on Main Plaza with 45,000 square feet of office space and 184 rooms from the boutique Cambria hotel brand.

Original plans: Local hotel development group REM Hospitality said they wanted to break ground in December of last year.

Current status: The developers now hope to start construction around April, said Anand Bhakta, one of the partners in REM. But the groundbreaking could end up later because they are working with the city to make sure the construction doesn’t interfere with festivities for San Antonio’s tricentennial, he said.

The project made it through the city’s historic approval process, but it is awaiting a signature from Mayor Ron Nirenberg to qualify for the federal government’s EB5 program, which allows foreigners to invest at least $500,000 in a development in order to get a green card, Bhakta said. Nirenberg needs to certify that the project is in an area with high unemployment for it to qualify.
Thank you! I look forward to April, which should also be around the time the JMJ Tower starts construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #70  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 5:51 AM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 523
So, I remember reading the groundbreaking would be in April of this year. And it looks like this building, which is beautiful, especial in juxtaposition to the Riverview Towers, will be taller than what has been stated in articles before.

I say this because the website http://cambriasa.com) speaks of a "rooftop bar at 250 feet high". This is really exciting. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #71  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:09 AM
SA_Pride28's Avatar
SA_Pride28 SA_Pride28 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
So, I remember reading the groundbreaking would be in April of this year. And it looks like this building, which is beautiful, especial in juxtaposition to the Riverview Towers, will be taller than what has been stated in articles before.

I say this because the website http://cambriasa.com) speaks of a "rooftop bar at 250 feet high". This is really exciting. Can't wait!
I hope it's indeed taller than previously reported, maybe they added floors? It always irked me that it was designedly to be the exact same height as the building immediately next to it... to me that just hits the eye wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #72  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 10:22 AM
ahealy's Avatar
ahealy ahealy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Austin | Puglia, Italia
Posts: 1,528
Give it a spire That's great though....I wonder if there's been much of a redesign
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #73  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 1:11 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
I am a registered user.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Beantown
Posts: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Pride28 View Post
I hope it's indeed taller than previously reported, maybe they added floors? It always irked me that it was designedly to be the exact same height as the building immediately next to it... to me that just hits the eye wrong.
I know what you mean but it never bothered me. I think the red and white next to each other at the same height looks kinda nice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #74  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:20 PM
SA_Pride28's Avatar
SA_Pride28 SA_Pride28 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I know what you mean but it never bothered me. I think the red and white next to each other at the same height looks kinda nice.
Hmm. Yeah I can see that. Maybe some kind of crown or spire like the above poster mentioned would be nice...just to have a slight height difference. Either way the infill/density will be a huge improvement.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #75  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:44 PM
The Model's Avatar
The Model The Model is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 502
I would hope for more height too. I think I remember a roof top restaurant being proposed. I think if both building are the same height the roof top restaurant would be looking at all the mechanical systems on top of the neighboring building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #76  
Old Posted May 21, 2018, 6:08 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
fake news
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 47,559
https://sanantonio.legistar.com/Legi...tions=&Search=

Here is the site plan with elevations.

236 feet to sloped roof and mechanical penthouse

231 feet to main roof parapet

218 feet 6 inches to the 18th floor

The elevations also show the outdoor patio on the 18th floor, and it shows a DJ booth, and bar.
__________________
Hear me. And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open. - Metallica
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #77  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 3:52 AM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 439
Breaking ground in March 2019

According to an article today on mysanantonio.com under the title 10 Major Projects Changing the SA Skyline, this project is expected to break ground in March.

Happy Holidays to all!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #78  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 4:04 AM
Spoiler's Avatar
Spoiler Spoiler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
According to an article today on mysanantonio.com under the title 10 Major Projects Changing the SA Skyline, this project is expected to break ground in March.

Happy Holidays to all!
It's really easy to link an article, you should try it sometime

He's probably talking about this article:
https://www.expressnews.com/business...m_campaign=123
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #79  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 4:22 AM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
It's really easy to link an article, you should try it sometime

He's probably talking about this article:
https://www.expressnews.com/business...m_campaign=123

Thank you for posting, Spoiler!!
I'll let you all do the linking!!

Happy Holidays to you!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #80  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 6:57 AM
Fryguy Fryguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Thank you for posting, Spoiler!!
I'll let you all do the linking!!

Happy Holidays to you!!
That was old information. They were referring to March 2018. They wanted to do it prior to Fiesta - it never happened.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.