HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 1:57 AM
I am a registered user.

Wow, what a sprawling parking lot with lots of paved surface and nowhere for workers to go without getting into their cars. A great example of un-great urban planning.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Wow, what a sprawling parking lot with lots of paved surface and nowhere for workers to go without getting into their cars. A great example of un-great urban planning.
That Citigroup/American Funds building is pretty cool. The parking, for the employees, is underground.

Not sure that takes cars off the road, but it is a better use of the land. And, they have a top notch kitchen that offers meals without having to leave the campus. And I mean top notch. The Food Network kitchen might be smaller.

It smelled delicious the times I was there.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 AM

PenFed plans to open regional financial center creating 600 new jobs.

“This project illustrates the community’s continued commitment to attracting innovative employers to our city and the creation of skilled, high-wage jobs,” City Manager Sheryl Sculley said.

https://therivardreport.com/military...n-san-antonio/

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
It is 15 miles from downtown in a very suburban setting. All city’s have this. If this was Kohl’s corporate headquarters I’d agree. It is not.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 4:18 PM
I am a registered user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
It is 15 miles from downtown in a very suburban setting. All city’s have this. If this was Kohl’s corporate headquarters I’d agree. It is not.
One could infer from your statement that only downtowns should have walkable areas with amenities for people. I'd rather have a couple nearby lunch choices every day than the company cafeteria. I assume that's not entirely what you meant, so please expand on your thought if you like.

We all know how hot cars get in San Antonio. A typical summer day at lunch time is over 90º. That means it's about 110º or more in your car. It takes a few minutes just to get your car to the point where you can get in it to drive to your lunch spot down the highway, then find a parking spot, then wait for a table, then do the whole hot car thing in reverse to get back to work in less than an hour. I'd much rather walk around the corner for lunch.

This looks like yet another 70s/80s style suburban office wasteland. Planners need to plan.

Last edited by JACKinBeantown; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:54 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 7:25 PM

500 Tech Jobs Promised as Accenture Expands in San Antonio

https://therivardreport.com/500-tech...box=1551377144

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio