HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Mosaic Potash Hill Centre Tower III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 1:46 AM

Congrats,REGINA.This tower looks awsome.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 5:59 AM

Regina really swings well above its weight class in many respects. This looks very nice. Enjoy watching it go up.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 7:05 AM
Ignore these four words.

That is nice.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 8:38 AM

WTF...OMG...wow.

This AND Capital Pointe in the same year? Regina is happening people!

Fantastic news!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2010, 1:34 AM
20 Stories Tall

I would've been in grade 9 when the last one went up in Regina.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2010, 6:44 AM

Towers to break ground in 2010 in Regina:

1. Harvard (Mosaic) Tower
2. Capital Pointe
3. Gardens on Rose
4. Broad & 15th Condo Tower

Also:
4 storey office building @ 11th & Albert
Victoria Park Plaza

Old Posted Jun 6, 2010, 7:51 PM
Regina SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post

2. Capital Pointe
3. Gardens on Rose

Also:
Victoria Park Plaza

I think I remember hearing that the 4 storey on 11th & Albert had a couple levels added to it making it 6...this is all great news none the less. The city square project happening as well...Downtown Regina is morphing for the better at a pace not seen in...well, I have never seen it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 9:41 PM

Very unique looking hi rise, like the twins next to it. I wish they would do something a little different with the roofline so it stands out a little more in the skyline. Maybe peak it instead of square, flat. There's room for another hi rise between the Mosaic and the Fcc is there not? A 30 story tower there would really fill that block in.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 10:41 PM

A sandwhich board in front of the Green Spot says they will be moving to the 18 block Hamilton in July. I believe that is the last tenant that must move before demo can begin.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post

2. Capital Pointe
3. Gardens on Rose

Also:
Victoria Park Plaza
Impressive to say the least. I've been here my whole life and have never seen this much development as they are proposing. It's about bloody time.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 7:08 PM

I am a little upset that we had to lose 'Moment in Thyme' to make way for this as it was my favorite Regina restaurant, but the building looks spectacular. I look forward to seeing it go up.

Hard to tell if there is any ground level retail there or not, would be nice to have a little more info on that.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2010, 4:39 AM

I'm assuming getting around downtown this Fall will be "Vancouver-like"

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
I am a little upset that we had to lose 'Moment in Thyme' to make way for this as it was my favorite Regina restaurant, but the building looks spectacular. I look forward to seeing it go up.

Hard to tell if there is any ground level retail there or not, would be nice to have a little more info on that.
The Downtown Plan requires "real" retail at this site. That is, it cannot be "psuedo" retail like doctor's offices or gyms. As well, the lobby area is supposed to be minimized. I expect Harvard is lobbying the City for relief from some of these requirements. As well, it is not clear to me that the proposal meets the built-form requirements of the Downtown Plan. For sure it exceeds the height and density limits, so Harvard will need to offer amenities to obtain bonuses.

It will be very interesting to see if Council bends on its own Plan in the first real application for a downtown office tower. Allowing major deviations from the Downtown Plan could create a precedent that would lead to a lot of uncertainty surrounded future developments.

It wouldn't surprise me if Harvard also wants pedways to link this building with its other buildings and parking structures. The City has said they won't approve any more pedways. We will see...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 4:30 PM

I hope the city sticks to the downtown plan. If they make an exception for Harvard, future development groups will use that against the city and ask for the same exceptions. The city just spent how much money on a company to come and tell them what is wrong with the downtown, how to fix it, and how to create a downtown worth boasting about. They NEED to stick to the guidelines or else that investment is another waist of money. I however am hoping Harvard builds a tall one, yay for more height in our downtown!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 5:59 PM

Just passing through and am marveling at the amount of development going on for a city of just 200,000.

Observation: at 20 stories, I should think this would be a new tallest, what with office floors averaging at least 14' these days. It could even become that at 18 stories. Thoughts ?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Just passing through and am marveling at the amount of development going on for a city of just 200,000.

Observation: at 20 stories, I should think this would be a new tallest, what with office floors averaging at least 14' these days. It could even become that at 18 stories. Thoughts ?

I suppose it is possible, but I would be surprised if it topped Capital Pointe. I expect it will be around 80-85 metres if you count the tallest portion. The twins are about 80 metres at 20 storeys each: Here is a handy calculator:

http://www.ctbuh.org/HighRiseInfo/Ta...B/Default.aspx

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I suppose it is possible, but I would be surprised if it topped Capital Pointe. I expect it will be around 80-85 metres if you count the tallest portion. The twins are about 80 metres at 20 storeys each: Here is a handy calculator:

http://www.ctbuh.org/HighRiseInfo/Ta...B/Default.aspx
Admittedly, I'm more of a stickler about these things than most, but isn't the Delta Hotel around 84m ? If so, then Capital Pointe might end up being technically taller, but it wouldn't appear so on the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Admittedly, I'm more of a stickler about these things than most, but isn't the Delta Hotel around 84m ? If so, then Capital Pointe might end up being technically taller, but it wouldn't appear so on the skyline.
Yes, they've been sort of boosting Capital Pointe as the "new tallest", but I think that's just with the spire.

As far as the office tower, SGI is also 20 stories, so unless the new Harvard proposal adds a few extra floors it probably won't even be the tallest office tower. Personally I think it would be great at 23 or so... Give it a few floors over the twins to create some height difference; a flat skyline isn't exactly all that attractive.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yes, they've been sort of boosting Capital Pointe as the "new tallest", but I think that's just with the spire.

As far as the office tower, SGI is also 20 stories, so unless the new Harvard proposal adds a few extra floors it probably won't even be the tallest office tower. Personally I think it would be great at 23 or so... Give it a few floors over the twins to create some height difference; a flat skyline isn't exactly all that attractive.
My theory is that the new office tower appears to have an appendage up top, that and the fact that floor-to-ceiling heights have increased over the years.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it until proven wrong.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2010, 3:14 AM

`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jul 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan