HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Pinnacle at Symphony Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 4:21 AM

Signage comes tomorrow

Tomorrow will be a big day for downtown Nashville tomorrow. The Pinnacle Financial Partners signage, the building's namesake, will be hung tomorrow. The signage was delivered today and is parked in the south lot of LP Field. A helicopter will fly the signage high over the Cumberland River, Shelby Pedestrian Bridge, and parts of SoBro. They are trying to do this tomorrow because the Titans are out of town and playing Monday night in Houston and the fact it is a Sunday in Nashville.

However, there is a chance of rain tomorrow, and this may be delayed or postponed due to precip and/or low cloud ceilings.

IMO, I wish they'd leave the crown as is, but they paid for the rights and want their name known.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 5:11 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
The setbacks on the crown are reminiscent of, and are probably inspired by, Art Deco buildings. They're pleasing to my eye--much better than a flat-top office building.

To me this looks more like Pelli's Goldman Sachs tower in Jersey City:

Regardless, it's got a pleasing shape and a nice crown. It could be A LOT worse.
It is, it is decoish in it's general shape, much like the tower going up in Cincy and the rsa tower in Mobile. Kind of the artdeco for this generation.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 5:27 AM
Website Manager

sweet little tower!! way to go Nashville!

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=118

Old Posted Dec 26, 2009, 8:14 PM

With tenants moving in right now, safe to say that this beauty can be moved to COMPLETED.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2009, 3:57 AM

Thumbs up

Here are a few pics of the Pinnacle with the rest of the skyline. Taken 12-27-09.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 9:08 PM

While I don't have pictures, this project is completed with the anchor law firm completing it's move-in soon.

http://www.brasfieldgorrie.com/portf...ubtype=&id=254

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 4:56 PM

Glad to see it

I'm new to this site so pardon my late response to the buildings completion. I'm from Nashville but live in the Washington, DC area. I am so happy to see Nashville finally grow the SoBro district. Quite frankly it has taken way too long. This building along with other plans (if they come to fruition due to the economy) are wonderful additions to the Nashville skyline and I hope the city gets over the 30 stories syndrome very soon. I first saw the Pinnacle while underconstruction while visiting my parents. I saw it's in a completed stage while watching Monday night football and was wowed with how it looked at night both from street level and during flyovers. I can only imagine how the north to south expansion of the skyline will look if the city continue to build upwards in the SoBro area. Now I just pray that somehow, some way Signature Tower will get built. I hope that if they can build it it will not be stumped down to 30-40 stories. Nashville is long over due for 50-65 story building and something that is completely out of the box.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 5:03 PM

BTW, the height of the buidling is deceiving because of where it sits. Depending on your approach into the city, it can look like a stump. But other approaches make it appear taller. Downtowns slops can really cause some of the buildings to look much shorter than what they are in comparison to those around them.

Also, I love the way the Gulch area has developed. Reminds me of the revitalized U/14th Street area of DC. I hope Nashville will keep pushing for more development in the area. I also hope they minimize big retail outlests form the area as well. The Gulch should be filled with small businesses or at the very least retailers that have a small flavor to them. Not the big box types.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 4:29 PM

Long since completed this should be moved to the COMPLETED section.

Some pics I took this past Wednesday afternoon/evening.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive