HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:33 PM

I caught the last part on the news but I did hear a portion of Commerce street is closed for about a week downtown around the Canopy area. Maybe this is to move in some equipment to start the demo work for the Floodgate?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:27 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
I caught the last part on the news but I did hear a portion of Commerce street is closed for about a week downtown around the Canopy area. Maybe this is to move in some equipment to start the demo work for the Floodgate?
Removal of the Canopy crane I believe

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 9:05 PM

Floodgate apartments

Construction on an apartment tower on East Commerce next to Esquire Tavern is is expected to start by the end of 2019, according to city documents.

The project, spearheaded by local developer Keller Henderson, will include 63 rental units and roughly 10,000 square feet of commercial retail space, per an amended agreement under San Antonio’s Center City Housing Incentive Policy.

The developer plans to put $43 million into the project, with construction wrapping up by Nov. 30, 2021, and will receive $3.9 million worth of incentives.

The city initially OK’d incentives for the tower in 2017, with the developer planning to build 53 units and 15,000 square feet of commercial retail space, invest $40 million and finish construction by the end of October 2020.

The Floodgate Tower was first proposed in 2016 as a 10-story building and was later amended to reach 17 stories. Messages left for Henderson weren’t returned.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio