HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 12:39 AM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is online now
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I think the area between the Pig & Pearl and downtown will be the higher growth area in the coming years. The added population in the area combined with the seemingly readily available parcels on which to build will play a significant role.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sa...!4d-98.4936282
That area is River North. Hottest urban area development wise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 8:31 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
That area is River North. Hottest urban area development wise.
Anybody in SA want to take the occasional photo? I've been asking for a skyline shot for months (on a few different threads). Please?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 2:51 PM
Txdev Txdev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 141
The only thing you can really see that’s new in river north are credit human towers and Soto is now coming up.

There is a lot planned/announced that hasn’t really kicked off yet.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Anybody in SA want to take the occasional photo? I've been asking for a skyline shot for months (on a few different threads). Please?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 3:32 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdev View Post
The only thing you can really see that’s new in river north are credit human towers and Soto is now coming up.

There is a lot planned/announced that hasn’t really kicked off yet.
A photo or three for those who can't see it in person would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 6:51 PM
Txdev Txdev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
A photo or three for those who can't see it in person would be appreciated.
Of the star storage site where this building is going?

Happy to take a pic, just not sure what you’re looking for.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 10:14 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdev View Post
Of the star storage site where this building is going?

Happy to take a pic, just not sure what you’re looking for.
Ha! I'd like to see shots of construction in the general River North area, including the Pig & Pearl and the area between USAA and SAMA. It's been a while since anyone has posted photos from this area. On a related note, it would also be nice to see a shot of the whole downtown skyline from a couple miles away so I (and others who are out of town) can see the effect the new buildings like Thompson and Hilton Canopy have on the skyline when seen from a distance. One of my favorite vantage points of downtown is looking down 281 from the parking lot of Alamo Stadium.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4618...7i16384!8i8192

Or maybe from a really dangerous spot in the middle of traffic on the access ramp.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4612...7i13312!8i6656

Thanks if you can do it. Thanks for even thinking of doing it.

Last edited by JACKinBeantown; Nov 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:35 AM
Txdev Txdev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 141
Posted in general urban development thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Ha! I'd like to see shots of construction in the general River North area, including the Pig & Pearl and the area between USAA and SAMA. It's been a while since anyone has posted photos from this area. On a related note, it would also be nice to see a shot of the whole downtown skyline from a couple miles away so I (and others who are out of town) can see the effect the new buildings like Thompson and Hilton Canopy have on the skyline when seen from a distance. One of my favorite vantage points of downtown is looking down 281 from the parking lot of Alamo Stadium.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4618...7i16384!8i8192

Or maybe from a really dangerous spot in the middle of traffic on the access ramp.
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4612...7i13312!8i6656

Thanks if you can do it. Thanks for even thinking of doing it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:00 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.