HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 3:44 AM

That is a good start.

Thanks for the update.

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 4:20 AM

I can't believe there's still a year and a half before this gets going! Seems like we've already been waiting forever. If I still live in KC when they play K-State I'm definitely gonna try to make the 2 hr trip to Manhattan to see the game.

Old Posted May 22, 2010, 9:52 PM

I'm so excited for this. I know a lot of us Alumni can't wait. Just imagine tailgating at The Alamodome. UTSA football will help bring people downtown!

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 8:32 PM

UTSA to join Conference USA in 2013-14

Quote:
I hope idea pans out for UTSA…and maybe in the future, they'll be able to move up to the Division I - Football Bowl Subdivision and join the WAC, Conference USA, or Mountain West Conference. However, that might take many years to accomplish.
or not.....

From http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.db...B_OEM_ID=13100

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO — The University of Texas at San Antonio announced Friday that it has entered into a membership agreement to join Conference USA (C-USA). The Roadrunners, along with Charlotte, FIU (Florida International), Louisiana Tech and North Texas, officially will become members of the league on July 1, 2013.

The remainder of C-USA beginning in 2013-14 will include East Carolina, Marshall, Rice, Southern Mississippi, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB and UTEP. The league office is located in Irving, Texas.

"Today is another outstanding day to be a Roadrunner," President Dr. Ricardo Romo said. "We are very excited about our new partnership with Conference USA. It is a great fit for us, and it is a significant step forward for the University and the entire city of San Antonio."

“This is yet another historic day for UTSA,” Athletics Director Lynn Hickey said. “Today’s invitation is a realization of a lot of hard work by so many different people, and we couldn’t have done it without the support of the city and its community leaders. This truly was a collaborative effort. It’s another great moment for the city of San Antonio, our University and the athletics department. Everyone truly is excited to be moving to Conference USA.”

“We are pleased to welcome UTSA to Conference USA,” Commissioner Britton Banowsky said. “They are an amazing University in a very dynamic and vibrant city. Without a doubt, they will be a good fit for us. What is truly impressive is the way they launched their football program, which is a tribute to the strong leadership in place.”

UTSA competes in 17 intercollegiate sports — baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, football, men’s and women’s golf, women’s soccer, softball, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s indoor and outdoor track & field and women’s volleyball — at the Division I level.

The Roadrunners currently are a part of the Southland Conference, where they have been a member since 1991-92. The department has won 55 Southland Team Championships since joining the league, 35 of which have come since 2000-01. UTSA also won the 2007-08 & ’10-11 Commissioner’s Cup and it boasts a conference-leading 28 Southland Student-Athletes of the Year since the league started handing out the award in 2002-03.

UTSA will be joining the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) on July 1 and all 17 of its sports programs will play full WAC schedules during the 2012-13 academic year.

Read More.......
http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.db...B_OEM_ID=13100
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio