HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 3, 2010, 9:49 PM

^The flow if tears if this is not true might just be strong enough to wash out my eye.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Five words: thomson chipman richardson coyotes soon.

Very soon.
Man, I get panned on Jetsowner.com forum for saying this.. Most do believe however.. Many people now have contacts that have "splilled the beans" I am one of those people.

I know it is happening, I just can't confirm it is Coyotes or Thrashers..
This quote must mean that something is going to happen at MTSC. I.e getting it more NHL ready.. TrueViking????
----------Quebec City: 16 + 2 subsidiaries = 18
----------Ottawa: 15 + 1 subsidiary = 16

Old Posted Mar 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy old man View Post
Let's not piss on everyone's parade...

Incidentally I'm not trying to CONVINCE anyone of anything. I'm merely passing on rumours I've heard. Let's not make this anything more than gom-rumour-mongering.

And chill peeps, it's all in good fun until someone loses an eye...
Indeed.

I've been hearing such rumours, particularly the Phoenix to Winnipeg one, a great deal over the past week or two.

Hey Grumpy, off topic, but are you involved in this new mag?:

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/21222/sand...hion-winnipeg/

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownWpg View Post
Hey Grumpy, off topic, but are you involved in this new mag?:

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/21222/sand...hion-winnipeg/
There is an amazing irony in that. I'll explain that in our sandbox.

The answer is no. First I heard of it actually. Curious that they are using "sandbox" as we've been using that name for our forum for about 18 months now...

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 5:37 AM
visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegger5 View Post
Man, I get panned on Jetsowner.com forum for saying this.. Most do believe however.. Many people now have contacts that have "splilled the beans" I am one of those people.

I know it is happening, I just can't confirm it is Coyotes or Thrashers..
This quote must mean that something is going to happen at MTSC. I.e getting it more NHL ready.. TrueViking????
have you tried this forum

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 2:54 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

One would think that if there was to be a press conference today that the media outlets would have been informed of it and would be reporting on it as well.

Just sayin...

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 4:25 PM
visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperred88 View Post
have you tried this forum
and this one

if its true I would think the cap is going considerably down like its rumored to be up to 15%.
I still think the new team will another source of revenue to keep the team afloat by not depending solely on NHL revenue sharing to the lesser teams. They will need to have a guaranteed revenue of atleast 20 million dollars from other money streams for example having condo complexs. Owning your own arena is no longer good enough you need other assets.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 4:35 PM
visionary

also listen the U of M radio station as Curt Keilback is doing a 13 show, radio program (Tuesdays at 6pm) out of UMFM 101.5 about the history of the Jets and interviews with the old greats.

Rumor has it back in the day when Phil Housley wanted to leave this city, he almost got traded for Mike Modano. Now that would of been a great trade, just as we almost got Roenick and James Patrick as Jets.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 7:10 PM
ILYR

TSN reports Winnipeg to get NHL team for 2010-2011 season as Gary Bettman resigns as NHL commissioner

... oh wait that was a dream I had last night.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 7:22 PM

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/ho.../13111931.html

I wonder if Katz's sources know something the rumour mill doesn't - this article dismisses all the rumours.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 7:28 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyPeg View Post

I wonder if Katz's sources know something the rumour mill doesn't - this article dismisses all the rumours.
Sounds like trueviking probably was duped himself.

Oh well.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 7:33 PM

I don't want to be the naysayer, negative downer -- but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up just to find out it is someone playing with the city's NHL emotions.

And as for those who have tidbits of 'legit' info from here or there, it would be nice if someone could just come out and say what's what already.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 8:05 PM
BANNED

You know, if this turns out to be the biggest joke ever played on Winnipeggers, there are certain people, well respected people or not, who are not only going to lose all credibility for leading us on, but heads will also role. If there is one thing that you don't mess with Winnipeggers about, it's landing an NHL team. I also feel that if these rumors turn out to be false, I think that this will permanently put off many NHL hockey fans in Winnipeg to the point where they will not support the NHL anymore after being toyed with, even if a team does eventually come back. Bottom line, unless something positive comes out of this latest and biggest roller coaster ride, the NHL could have some permanent new (and many) enemies in Winnipeg, and we may never get a team at all.

You can only cry wolf so many times..........

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 8:14 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Not saying I believe every SSP rumour, though quite a few have panned out over the years. Sad to say, but in terms of sheer credibility I'm more inclined to strongly consider the info from anonymous and semi-anonymous posters on this forum over Our Worship, Shady Sammy, any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy old man View Post
There is an amazing irony in that. I'll explain that in our sandbox.

The answer is no. First I heard of it actually. Curious that they are using "sandbox" as we've been using that name for our forum for about 18 months now...
Thanks. I also just caught the thread you put up on your site. Quite the coincidence, and on the plus side it may inadvertently bring hits to your site via Google searches and such. (as a side note, I've been considering joining your forum, but what is holding me back is that one can only fight so many battles on so many fronts at the same time).

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 8:41 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Presuming this doesn't pan out, and let's face it, those are some pretty strong words from Katz so I'm inclined to believe what he says (vs "no comment" or some other non-committal lines)...

The posters here who stated that this was a certainty might want to explain what the heck they were talking about. Most of what I've read in this thread is just the usual repeated rumours and friend-of-a-friend stories, but a few have unequivocally said that THIS IS HAPPENING.

It's a bit of an asshole move to claim you know what's going on and state things based on that, if you're just making shit up like the rest of us.

That being said, on the unlikely chance Katz is either a) in the dark or b) totally lying, I'll be driving to P&M tonight to join in the party.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 9:54 PM
BANNED

Not that I know what to believe anymore, but I'm not sure what to think of Katz statement either.

Half a month ago, he said this:

Quote:
The social networking media and message boards are all a-Twitter over this story regarding the latest Thrashers move and even Mayor Sam Katz is upbeat. "I can tell you when you hear from as many sources I've heard from, there's a good possibility."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...-84557287.html

And now he completely contradicts himself?

To me, it truly sounds like he doesn't know anything regarding this situation at all, or was told to keep quiet. Who really knows. I think there are too many people saying different things. I also don't think an announcement, if one is going to be made, will be this month, but rather after the season is over. But again, it's all wait and see. I choose not to follow anymore unsubstantiated "my friend of a friend said this" rumors. Concrete evidence please. With that said however, I do believe that we will get a team back in the near future, it's just a question of when.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 10:02 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Surprised no one's posted this yet:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?i...bname=nhl-jets

(Yes, it's a valid link. No, Winnipeg is not getting a team today)

((Read the URL carefully if you've missed the "joke"))

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 10:10 PM

I'm in Phoenix for a few days. Let me know if i should break out the jersey.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILYR View Post
TSN reports Winnipeg to get NHL team for 2010-2011 season as Gary Bettman resigns as NHL commissioner

... oh wait that was a dream I had last night.
Good one!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyPeg View Post

That source also quotes sammy as saying he doesn't "have a clue"...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan