HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 4:20 PM
New Brunswick booster!

Saint John viewed from the first cruise ship of the season from netanel_fahima on Instagram. May 8th.

Old Posted Today, 4:23 PM
be nice to the crackheads

Saint John just does it for me. I'd love to see some of new, tastefully done buildings added to the skyline, but I do love it as it is.

Some recent video of Kelowna's skyline

Video Link

Old Posted Today, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post
Saint John viewed from the first cruise ship of the season from netanel_fahima on Instagram. May 8th.

It's nice to see significant investment finally returning to downtown Saint John in the last few years. I haven't been to Saint John in 6 or 7 years now, and there are substantial differences today from the last time I visited. I'll be returning this summer though so I'm looking forward to seeing the differences in person.

Old Posted Today, 5:13 PM
The New Republic

Has anyone taken the Digby - Saint John ferry? It would cost us $217 (2 adults and a car) for the 2 hour voyage as opposed to driving the long way around. You get a nice boat trip but seems steep for such a short distance.

Old Posted Today, 5:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Has anyone taken the Digby - Saint John ferry? It would cost us $217 (2 adults and a car) for the 2 hour voyage as opposed to driving the long way around. You get a nice boat trip but seems steep for such a short distance.
I've done it. To drive from Saint John to Digby around the Bay of Fundy would be about seven hours. The ferry trip is about two hours. So, you save a lot of time and about $100-150 in gas (depending on the size and efficiency of your vehicle). The trip also can be pleasant and a novel experience for landlubbers.

If your final destination is Digby and area, or southwestern NS in general, it makes a lot of sense. If you were doing it as a shortcut between SJ and Halifax, the value is a lot more questionable. I would drive in that circumstance.

Old Posted Today, 9:42 PM
Great White Norf

I hope the Halifax effect comes to Saint John... okay maybe not the crazy price increases, but lots of new development would be nice.
It has so much potential but seems so undervalued

Old Posted Today, 9:56 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I've done it. To drive from Saint John to Digby around the Bay of Fundy would be about seven hours. The ferry trip is about two hours. So, you save a lot of time and about $100-150 in gas (depending on the size and efficiency of your vehicle). The trip also can be pleasant and a novel experience for landlubbers.

If your final destination is Digby and area, or southwestern NS in general, it makes a lot of sense. If you were doing it as a shortcut between SJ and Halifax, the value is a lot more questionable. I would drive in that circumstance.
Yeah I thought about using it as a shortcut to get from Halifax to SJ but it doesn't really make sense for that purpose. I'm sure it's fine of you just want the experience but it doesn't really save any time or money.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada