Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 2:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Just went back and re-read this post from June:

Quote:
https://therealdeal.com/2020/06/09/c...gh-a-pandemic/

TRD New York
June 09, 2020

Quote:
RXR Realty, which is planning a $3 billion office tower near Grand Central with TF Cornerstone and MSD Capital, has continued discussions that started before the pandemic with tenants in the technology and finance sectors who are interested in anchoring the property, CEO Scott Rechler said. The project isn’t expected to be delivered until 2026.

.....More than ever, planners should be thinking about how to build out other regions with access to mass transit, Rechler said.

“We need to densify where density belongs,” he said. “Sprawling is not the outcome you want to have.”

Not sure about the mix of timeline, but great that there has been interests in the tower.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 2:23 PM
BANNED

I'd like to see Morgan Stanley anchor this.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 4:42 PM
New Yorker for life

So MSD's last transfer offsite was to the 270 Park avenue redevelopment for 666,766 sf...

So it works out as :

Base FAR of 15 for the GC lot (not including the Hyatt) = 2,198,700

Amount of built space currently on the lot = 322,664

Amount of previous transfers = 491,026

Transfer to 270 Park Avenue - 666,766

Remaining development rights on site - 718,244

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 9:07 PM

1646 feet and only 83 floors?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
Yes.

As mentioned, next month will hold the community board meeting (Dec 5) and the public scoping meeting (Dec 21), as the stage for ULURP is being set.

If there is any wrangling over the project, it won't be about the height, (there is no limit), but down below where the real action is. I like the solution of the elevated plaza - it allows for the continuation of the street wall and Grand Central entrances. And like Vanderbilt, it opens up the area a little to make Grand Central more visible. It may be too soon, but I really would like to see some images of all the ground level improvements, access to and through the terminal, and outdoor terraces. The improvements to the subway stations are great, and necessary, but I don't expect to be blown away by them.

As for the design of the tower itself, the form seems like it was inspired by the crown of the Chrysler. But it can't be just all glass, it's a massive building. SOM also designed the CTF Finance Center, which also reminds me a little of the design here. This tower also needs to have some nice lighting, especially for the crown.

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...nce-centre/310

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:26 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
I think I read some sources saying 89 but I'll have to check, either way, HUGE ceilings.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I think I read some sources saying 89 but I'll have to check, either way, HUGE ceilings.

The EAS says 89, the description of the tower has it at 83. The upper levels may be mechanical, as in the Vanderbilt. Or maybe there's some undisclosed observation deck.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I hope that someone can add this to the NYC diagram.
It's not entirely accurate, but this is what I could come up with using good old Paint

1646 feet would be approximately 502 meters.
Please excuse my Paint skills.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 11:46 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post
It's not entirely accurate, but this is what I could come up with using good old Paint

1646 feet would be approximately 502 meters.
Please excuse my Paint skills.

Awesome! Thanks!!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:31 PM

Bisnow New York reports that the building will be completed in 2030:
https://www.bisnow.com/new-york/news...m_medium=email

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
Bisnow New York reports that the building will be completed in 2030:
https://www.bisnow.com/new-york/news...m_medium=email
Yeah, that's the build year we've been talking about from the EAS. From their own planning, the building itself should be completed by the end of 2028.

That diagram shows what a giant this will be on the skyline. It needs 270 in there also.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 3:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Yeah, that's the build year we've been talking about from the EAS. From their own planning, the building itself should be completed by the end of 2028.

That diagram shows what a giant this will be on the skyline. It needs 270 in there also.
I was also going to add that Bisnow doesn't do any independent research. They just parrot (often incorrectly) what others report.

P.S.: Can someone add in 270 Park to the NY diagram?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 4:25 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The build time (completion) on the EAS sounds like a projection. As we've seen with 1 Vanderbilt, time tables can change and can be shorter. Likewise with the current progress on 270 Park. 2030 sounds like a conservative estimate for total completion but many factors could shorten that. 2027/2028 for example, estimate of 48 months completion or 3 years. Ground breaking in 2024 or possibly sooner with demo activities.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 5:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Yeah, the build year is the analysis year. Everything should be completed by then. It could be 2050, and everything would still be true. But it's all posted below, we can do the math and get a projection. But what's important for me is when it tops out, that's when it will have maximum skyline impact. They should talk more about the scheduling in one of the meetings. It's unclear if the hotel will ever reopen in its current form.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 6:46 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I was also going to add that Bisnow doesn't do any independent research. They just parrot (often incorrectly) what others report.

P.S.: Can someone add in 270 Park to the NY diagram?
its on there. the screenshot used here was without proposals showing, only "built" and "under construction" were turned on

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 7:01 PM

It will utterly domine the midtown of Manhattan skyline, t think something giant is preparing in peen station and Roosevelt hotel i guess it will have +530m 100 floors

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 9:17 PM

I hope the facade would be lime stone, terra cotta or something in the style of Shop and Robert Stern to complement Grand Central and Chrysler, not only to break the pattern of all glass supertall but also to ease the critics. Already seeing lots of criticism on social media comments over this being around landmarks. The shape is kinda reminiscing to the unbuilt Metropolitan Life Insurance tower, anyone knows when will we see the actual proposal revealed?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 12:34 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
It will utterly domine the midtown of Manhattan skyline, t think something giant is preparing in peen station and Roosevelt hotel i guess it will have +530m 100 floors
That's what's exciting. "Several" prospective Midtown East parcels and we have the whole Penn Station district. Along with a potential super tall with Phase II of HY (if the mass models or concepts are anything to go by; I have a feeling out of the 8 towers in phase II of HY, two will be over 300m. 520 Fifth, potential Park Lane hotel, we have 45 Broad on hold, 2 WTC, LES Towers... so a lot of potential. I'm missing more, but a lot of super talls are bound to rise.

Hopefully Hyatt magnitude.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 1:17 AM
Sydney

Here you go, with 270 Park added! I've updated my drawing with the new DOB height and design but it hasn't been uploaded to the SkyscraperPage diagram yet.
Commodore silhouette credit to GertElim.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 1:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lin View Post

Here you go, with 270 Park added! I've updated my drawing with the new DOB height and design but it hasn't been uploaded to the SkyscraperPage diagram yet.
Commodore silhouette credit to GertElim.
Nice work!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals