HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 5:39 PM
BANNED

In my excitement, I improperly typed curbed but meant therealdeal.com. People will be very happy when they see this tower!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:07 PM

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:10 PM

"The first tower encompasses a total of 1.7 million square feet of commercial office space and will rise 51 stories, adding much-needed new Class A office space to Manhattan. Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, the LEED Gold building will be prominently located on the corner of 30th Street and 10th Avenue, bridging the Chelsea and Hudson Yards. Coach will occupy the lower one-third of the building where they will create a vertical campus with a vast atrium serving as the visual anchor for the High Line. This central atrium will also be the heart of Coach’s space, and is reflective of the company’s collective and community-focused environment. The Coach tower is the south tower of a planned 5.5 million square foot “superblock building complex” bound by 10th Avenue, 33rd Street, Hudson Boulevard and 30th Street. When complete, it will be the largest commercial building in New York City."

What this means is that Coach played a big role in the redesign, and has had specific requirements for the new tower. This should mean this is a very close depiction of the final design, since Coach is now signed on.

Great News!

Read More here--> http://www.nyc.gov/portal/site/nycgo...&rc=1194&ndi=1

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
WOW. This rendering is fantastic!! Love the views of the High Line Park.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:21 PM

A couple more

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:35 PM

Oh man, these are soooo nice. Ugh, I'm so happy right now. I think these just became my favorite of the new west side office buildings, by mileesssssss.

In that first render JSocal posted does anyone know what that building on the left is with the rounded corner?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:50 PM

Looks like we got the design seen earlier in Architectural Digest, which I am VERY thankful for... beautiful! Guesses on the height of the towers? 1000' + 1300'?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 6:51 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG i cant believe it, Related pulled it off!!!! these are stunning!!!!! true gifts to the city!!! BRAVO!!!!!

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 8:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Thank the skyscraper gods for this one.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...n-yards-tower/

Coach Inc. Agrees to Occupy Third of Hudson Yards Tower

By KATE TAYLOR
November 1, 2011

Quote:
Coach would occupy the bottom third of a 1.7-million-square-foot tower, to be on 30th Street and 10th Avenue.

Construction of the initial tower is expected to begin next year and to be completed by 2015.

Coach’s chief executive officer, Lew Frankfort, said the company would relocate its corporate headquarters and 1,500 employees from its current offices along 34th Street to the new building. Although the site will not be a manufacturing center, the staff there will include artisans who make Coach’s samples, prototypes and limited edition products.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...h-by-june.html

Related to Start 51-Story Hudson Yards Tower for Coach by June

November 01, 2011
By David M. Levitt

Quote:
Signing Coach as the first tenant for the 13 million square-foot (1.2 million square-meter) development “kick- starts” the project, Ross, 71, said today at a media briefing. Related aims to transform a 26-acre train yard near the Hudson River into a high-rise office and apartment district.

“At this time of the year next year, this site will be bustling with thousands of jobs and sophisticated construction activity,” Ross said.

Related unveiled a design for the tower by Bill Pedersen of the firm Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates that features an an angled top. The High Line train trestle, which has been turned into a park south of the site, is incorporated into the bottom of the building.

The tower will be located at 10th Avenue and West 30th Street, the southeast corner of the site. Unlike most of the yards, it can be built without decking over the train tracks.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...-hudson-yards-

Related (and Bloomberg) Finally Have Their Anchor Tenant

By Dana Rubinstein
November 1,2011

Quote:
However, a number of factors remain uncertain. Coach still has to close on the transaction, and Related still has to get construction financing, which they are confident they will do.

“Now that we have a commitment in hand, we will seek the financing we need and are confident we will secure it,” said Joanna Rose, spokeswoman for Related, in an email.

3:25 pm Nov. 1, 2011

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 8:26 PM
New Yorker for life

nycmayorsoffice

Closer look at that model...

Another rendering from...
http://www.dnainfo.com/20111101/chel...-anchor-tenant

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 8:33 PM

Holy crap, this just made my day!!!

Those renders are leaps and bounds above the previous proposal, fingers crossed this project receives funding and is constructed.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 9:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Tried to get some more confirmation on height, though here the first tower is still listed at 950 ft...

http://sokolmediaonline.com/wp/wp-co...na_layouts.pdf

Quote:
As Vice President for design and construction of the 1.7 million square foot tower on the Hudson Yards, Ana serves as the coordinator of consultants, construction managers, MTA, and various city agencies with an emphasis on construction logistics and sequence, budget and the overbuild coordination of Tower C.

Ana, herself, is responsible for the management of Tower C, which will rise 950 feet comprised of 50 stories. The first building to go up in Hudson Yards, Ana relishes the ability to build an entire neighborhood over a storage yard platform, similar to Park Avenue,” she says.

Going 30 feet down into the site, construction will begin in April, 2012, with a target completion of June, 2015. Tower C will also include 1.7 million rentable square feet, 29-passenger elevators, amenity floors at 18’ slab-to-slab and 14’ ceiling height, 45’ lease span core to skin, and a curtain wall with Low E high performance glazing. The tower is also targeting LEED Gold certification. “You have to have a class A team to make this all work, and we do,” Ana says.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 10:16 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 10:21 PM
Metal Up Your !

HOLY SHIT! This is amazing! This was the rendering I was hoping would come through and it did. These new renders are still giving me goosebumps when I look at them. Also almost nearly burst into tears by the excitement this has given me

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 10:29 PM
BANNED

NY is the king!! Long live the king!!!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 11:09 PM

Angry

I am sorry for 2 reasons : this tower will not be a supertall and it will have only 51 floors.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 12:17 AM

WOW!
Incredible towers. Congrats New York. It does not matter if they are not supertalls, these towers will be symbols of the city based off of sheer architectural wonder. Future generations will look at these with awe, and quite frankly not care whether they are 50 feet shy of some arbitrary designation.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
I am sorry for 2 reasons : this tower will not be a supertall and it will have only 51 floors.
Not sure what your two reasons are, however I would consider a 950 foot tower very significant. The adjacent tower looks to be over 1000 feet.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 1:34 AM

Just to clarify, which of the towers is confirmed at 950 feet?
the taller or shorter one?
is this confirmed at all?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 1:54 AM

Great project. New York continues to amaze...

can anyone whip up a rendering that shows what these towers might look from Jersey (Hoboken/JC-ish)? I suspect they will have a big impact because of their proximity to the river.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive