HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 4:33 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Lightbulb Saskatchewan and Manitoba Proposals

Thought this forum deserves and needs a thread like this, since the recent surge in money and proposals for Saskatchewan and Manitoba has been on the rise

As you can imagine, this would be for all kinds of proposals in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. And this thread would also be used to track how far the proposal is gone until it reaches the approved section.

So for those who have a vast knowledge on what is going on in the cities of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, this thread will help you spread the knowledge. And if there's already a thread, or this would be more appropiate for the construction thread, someone should definately lock this thread.

Last edited by blacktrojan3921; Aug 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 6:07 AM
working stiff

Hi blacktrojan3921,

The type of information you're suggesting should populate this thread is already distributed within each city's respective construction thread. Activity in smaller centres in either province can be found under Other Manitoba and Saskatchewan developments. So, what function will this thread serve? And what benefit is there to collapsing the individual construction threads into one mega thread?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 6:40 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
Hi blacktrojan3921,

The type of information you're suggesting should populate this thread is already distributed within each city's respective construction thread. Activity in smaller centres in either province can be found under Other Manitoba and Saskatchewan developments. So, what function will this thread serve? And what benefit is there to collapsing the individual construction threads into one mega thread?
Like I said; this thread was intended for proposals across the two provinces and the progress they reach to either approval or cancellation. I never really intended to collapse the individual construction threads as I feel they would serve a big purpose for all the construction and urban developments in the provinces. Like I said, I can understand if this thread needs to be locked because it serves no purpose. I just thought that since it would be pretty inefficient to lump proposals and construction into the same thread, a seperate proposal thread would help out even the information so that users and passerbys wouldn't have to search over a few hundred pages to find the information they were looking for.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 7:10 AM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
Like I said; this thread was intended for proposals across the two provinces and the progress they reach to either approval or cancellation. I never really intended to collapse the individual construction threads as I feel they would serve a big purpose for all the construction and urban developments in the provinces. Like I said, I can understand if this thread needs to be locked because it serves no purpose. I just thought that since it would be pretty inefficient to lump proposals and construction into the same thread, a seperate proposal thread would help out even the information so that users and passerbys wouldn't have to search over a few hundred pages to find the information they were looking for.
Alright, I understand what you are saying. Perhaps three dedicated proposal threads rather than one proposal thread for all three cities would be an even better arrangement.

What does everyone else think? Use the sticky function, or let three city proposal threads float freely?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 7:37 AM

Perhaps we could keep the thread as is, and use it as a type of 'archive' thread..kind of like the "Canadian Proposals" thread in the Canada section..

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 2:43 PM

Personnally, I like following the 3 separate city threads. I like visiting each of the Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon Construction threads to catch what's happening in each city and to follow the thread of discussion there (even if it's often [or always] interspersed with discussion of other issues and topics, plus a healthy dose of off topic ramblings).

I see what your intention with this thread is though blacktrojan3921, but perhaps I'm just too lazy to start following another thread regularly. Nothing wrong with taking some initiative though.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 2:54 PM

Why not make this thread a list of tallest proposals in SK and MB?

That way it serves a different purpose, but also keeps a nice tidy list of all major projects in both province. The OP would need to update/edit the thread to keep it up to date though.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 4:17 PM

^ I like that idea too.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 7:23 PM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post

That way it serves a different purpose, but also keeps a nice tidy list of all major projects in both province. The OP would need to update/edit the thread to keep it up to date though.
That is a very interesting idea, I didn't really think about it much cause I'm pretty much aware on how conservative Saskatchewan architects are when it comes to height standards; mainly not developing skyscrapers higher then 350 feet. They always go lower then that.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2010, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
That is a very interesting idea, I didn't really think about it much cause I'm pretty much aware on how conservative Saskatchewan architects are when it comes to height standards; mainly not developing skyscrapers higher then 350 feet. They always go lower then that.
Just make it anything 12+ stories.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 5:22 PM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4Regina View Post
Perhaps we could keep the thread as is, and use it as a type of 'archive' thread..kind of like the "Canadian Proposals" thread in the Canada section..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post

Sounds good to me. Hopefully blacktrojan3921 will be one of many content contributors to this thread.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 7:25 PM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Sounds good to me. Hopefully blacktrojan3921 will be one of many content contributors to this thread.
I'll make sure to contribute as much as possible when I have free time, right now I'm still in high school lol.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 11:05 PM

wondering if this would count as an "archived proposal"?

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=25691

Old Posted Aug 22, 2010, 3:03 AM
Youth of a Nation

Am I to understand that there would be a merge of all three cities into one? Would that make Other Manitoba/Saskatchewan developments included? I find it better situated that there be the current individual threads. I find it more interesting to peek in each thread as each thread is different and has it's own uniqueness.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 6:13 PM
BANNED

I'm of the opinion that Manitoba and Saskatchewan should have their own sections, but that is just me.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 6:32 PM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTD View Post
I'm of the opinion that Manitoba and Saskatchewan should have their own sections, but that is just me.
I support your proposal.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 12:24 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I support your proposal.
Awesome! Now how do we go about making this a reality?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 4:46 AM
working stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTD View Post
Awesome! Now how do we go about making this a reality?
I would like to hear responses (for or against) from a few other people before making this happen. I will create a new thread (polling too) where people can express their opinion with regards to creating separate sub-forums for Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan