HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 10:17 PM
Lindberg's Avatar
Lindberg Lindberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
Filmmakers Tower .com

Hi,

Is there any tower designer in this respectable forum who would be interested in proposing a design?

It would be a design for a future residential tower aimed at the afluent artists, in film, video, multimedia industries.

The tower should propose a creative look, non-conventional, inspiring in some way, with dwellings of different sizes, even ceilings of different heights.

It should include a small movie theatre, an accessible deck on top, and corridors that lead to vistas throughout the tower.

Actually, it could be surrealistic, as if Salvador Dali designed it.

The Babel tower is not too far.

The "winner" of the design will have design put on this site, probably on the top of everypage, plus a link and a mention in the real-estate page.

thank you

http://www.filmmakerstower.com
__________________
One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor

Cartouche Creations Twitter Facebook Learn Online
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2007, 6:15 AM
edsas's Avatar
edsas edsas is offline
Autrefois
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: La Vista
Posts: 5,273
Cool.

I can't design a tower, but I'll be glad to contribute a film.
__________________
Please forward this message to Jemaine Clement.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2007, 4:35 PM
M.K. M.K. is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
Posts: 3,934
Thumbs up Idea in Mind

Well, I have a very good idea in mind with arcades and glasses in different high and oval forms intrinsic to another that could be great for you. Unfortunatly i am not an illustrator here and do not have software abbility to make 3d here. It is already in my mind but I could do a sketch free hand digitally for you. Are you interested???? please say me. It is a very surrealistic und futuristic idea, although some complex and very clean in harmony. None of this idea is still seeing abroad everywhere. It is different, very markant and very beautiful and sexy, maybe very appropriate for your film. If you want, give me your email to be sent and posted.

That's is my participation


Tower Name: Sirius Millenium
Highrise: 320m
Floors: 68 - 11 public use, 14 office, 12 hotel, 30 residence, 1 mechanical and pod access
Description: 1 theater and 1 cinema at the bottom each side. Coffee Shop, Studio, 2 helicopter Pads. 1 antenna with Flag.
Floor to Floor: 3.97m for several task in storeys to different movies companies.
Use: Mix-use. The building is divided in 4 parts. Green, Yellow, Blue and White mirrror windows.
The green mirror windows, first bottom part of the building, the larger one is for public conventions,
videos, cinema presentations, restaurant and Coffee Bar.
The Gold mirror windows, 2nd part above first floors, is for office film and artists companies uses.
The Blue mirror windows part is as hotel for gasts. 3rd one.
The white-grey mirror windows is sold as residences to third people and artists.
The arcades are visible steel-aluminium ones
Proposal: 2007
Finish: 2010
The design proposal is copyrighted from SiriusMillenium.

Last edited by M.K.; Mar 7, 2007 at 1:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
Lindberg's Avatar
Lindberg Lindberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsas View Post
Cool.

I can't design a tower, but I'll be glad to contribute a film.
Edsas, how do you want to contribute to a film ? Financially ?

Creatively?
__________________
One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor

Cartouche Creations Twitter Facebook Learn Online
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 1:01 AM
Lindberg's Avatar
Lindberg Lindberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmillenium View Post
Well, I have a very good idea in mind with arcades and glasses in different high and oval forms intrinsic to another that could be great for you. Unfortunatly i am not an illustrator here and do not have software abbility to make 3d here. It is already in my mind but I could do a sketch free hand digitally for you. Are you interested???? please say me. It is a very surrealistic und futuristic idea, although some complex and very clean in harmony. None of this idea is still seeing abroad everywhere. It is different, very markant and very beautiful and sexy, maybe very appropriate for your film. If you want, give me your email to be sent and posted.

That's is my participation


Tower Name: Sirius Millenium
Highrise: 320m
Floors: 68 - 11 public use, 14 office, 12 hotel, 30 residence, 1 mechanical and pod access
Description: 1 theater and 1 cinema at the bottom each side. Coffee Shop, Studio, 2 helicopter Pads. 1 antenna with Flag.
Floor to Floor: 3.97m for several task in storeys to different movies companies.
Use: Mix-use. The building is divided in 4 parts. Green, Yellow, Blue and White mirrror windows.
The green mirror windows, first bottom part of the building, the larger one is for public conventions,
videos, cinema presentations, restaurant and Coffee Bar.
The Gold mirror windows, 2nd part above first floors, is for office film and artists companies uses.
The Blue mirror windows part is as hotel for gasts. 3rd one.
The white-grey mirror windows is sold as residences to third people and artists.
The arcades are visible steel-aluminium ones
Proposal: 2007
Finish: 2010
The design proposal is copyrighted from SiriusMillenium.
Now, this is some vision!


I want to display your design on my site! Please send it to me...

I had the same mix-used vision as you. Your design is funky, modern and seems to relate to science-fiction movies of the 50's.

Check , the resemblance is staggering!



and...





oH, the U2 tower in Ireland...

__________________
One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor

Cartouche Creations Twitter Facebook Learn Online
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 3:21 PM
M.K. M.K. is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
Posts: 3,934
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
Now, this is some vision!


I want to display your design on my site! Please send it to me...

I had the same mix-used vision as you. Your design is funky, modern and seems to relate to science-fiction movies of the 50's.

Check , the resemblance is staggering!



and...





oH, the U2 tower in Ireland...

Well, I do not see resemblance with that ones.
1) Smash Mouth cover album Astro Lounge is an alternative Rock that wins 3 times platin disc for its appearance in 2001, but the tower showed in album cover has nothing to do with mine. Mine is more dynamic, ultra-modern and futuristic one. The Smash one is more jetsons comics and too straight and even higher than mine.
Unfortunatly I do not have a photorealistic presentation for the Sirius Millenium Tower, but if someone does in Photoshop or other software in same idea, you will see the advantage and very updated to our time on it, going more in Star Wars direction.

2) The first science-fiction films like the 50's (Forbidden Planet with Robby)and this robot has some appearance although in two different objects. I did not even take it and remember on it when I designed the tower in my mind. Nothing in common, but... if you see so. There is nothing in between.

3) I saw U2 Tower in Dublin project, but, although it is a square cut in base with torsional element in complete tower, is much more boxy than mine. I also not see anything in common.

But I am open for critics and fantasy. I also would like one illustrator doing my tower in more photorealistic appearance. Thanks for your comments anyway and that you liked in some way. I would like to see it make it or even proposed in your site. Let's see. Thanks for sharing this opportunity with us....

Last edited by M.K.; Jan 27, 2007 at 3:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 3:50 PM
Lindberg's Avatar
Lindberg Lindberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
Millenium, I put the Smash Mouth tower in there as an example of a "creative expression " of a tower. I has no resemblance with your project.

The U2 tower is a similar project as filmmakers tower in the sens that it appeals to creative artists and is branded as such. I has no resemblance neither.

the forbidden planet robot has the same curved elements as the base of your tower.

I hope to see your design in a photorealistic form soon.
__________________
One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor

Cartouche Creations Twitter Facebook Learn Online
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 4:36 PM
M.K. M.K. is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
Posts: 3,934
Lightbulb

It is great your comments, I liked very much your phantasy also and your examples. Well, among the 3 examples the Robby could have some 5% element equally if someone phantasy much is taken, as the head is alongated and with a circular oval grille base, the other 2 not. I liked much the U2 tower project as it has something in common in the use, proposed to artists also. The terraces are torsional, that is great. Maybe if the project would be not so cubish, than it would be more futuristic. It is that, that I want to meant. But let's talk about your tower approach that is for us more realistic.

By the way, I can do and go further deeply in the idea in a CAD model in March, maybe in 3D in Catia I can make more details of it and some realistic appearance as I do not have access to 3DMax or Alias Studio. I made mine first idea in such a fast way in Paint. Maybe someone else could join together in helping that, to do more photorealistic ones. February I will be away, so only on March I can get deeply on it, I mean in this project to show you more details. I do not know if it is a problem for you, as I don't know exactly the use and your timeline of that in a film or something in reality. So in between some illustrator could take my tower and make something beautiful in some 3D Studio, as he elaborates better, the design is always mine. Do you have any computer animator that could do that for us? I mean I can draw further a 3D mesh wireframes, some surfaces, materials applyed and more functional appearances, but I am also a little bit limited. Even I am a exterior designer, I am not specialised in that. If you saw my yacht proposals in my page, you saw what I can reach. More, as light brighting and more life, I can not do.

Last edited by M.K.; Jan 27, 2007 at 4:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2007, 1:05 AM
Lindberg's Avatar
Lindberg Lindberg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,493
I've got more pictures for inspiration...












__________________
One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor

Cartouche Creations Twitter Facebook Learn Online

Last edited by Lindberg; Jan 31, 2007 at 1:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 10:06 PM
M.K. M.K. is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
Posts: 3,934
Where is my tower project in your page?
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:14 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.